Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Back Home Again and Tuesday's Treasures!!!

 We had a goat come down to see us off Monday!


He settled himself right by the deck and didn't budge all the time we were loading up the truck.


Louis Dean found his camera and he's taking pictures again!


I like this one!
You can see why we call this our BIG Red Roof!


He wanted me to take his picture with HIS camera!!

We got home right before the worst of the traffic time and got right to work on the unloading and putting up and starting the laundry!


I made a big tuna salad for sandwiches and we settled down to watch TV.


Louis Dean was so excited when I found Little House on the Prairie!

Brenda picked me up this morning and our first stop was Texas Thrift!


We had a good time treasure hunting!
I found a brand new necklace with matching earrings - except the necklace was all tangled up.
I am so NOT good at separating stuff like that - so I asked the lady who was working there if she was any good at it and she WAS! She said she loved untangling things!
The thing about it was that the set went perfectly with my outfit so I put it right on!
As Brenda and I were pushing our buggies to go out - Brenda realized she had a little shelf hanging on her cart that she didn't pay for - so she took it back and left it with the lady who checked us out. 
Then as I was getting MY bags out of the cart - I spied a brand new candle that I had missed!
So I went back and paid for both of of our items as I really did want the candle!
It was one of those manly ones that smell like leather and I am going to use it in Louis Dean's bathroom.

The check out lady was so nice she didn't even make me go  to the end of the line!


This cute dress will look great with the brand new real leather bag I found!

Amber had invited us to join her and the kids at the movies so Brenda drove us to Plano and we stopped to get a quick bite of lunch at Chick-fil-A.

We had just enough time to go in and eat - but all the tables were occupied.
I spied one sweet looking lady eating alone at a large table so I asked her if we could join her. Or I was GOING to ask her that but she invited us to sit with her first!
Her name was Bobette - not a common name!
She was every bit as sweet as she looked and we all had a good time visiting over our lunch.



We met up with Amber and the kids in plenty of time to get our popcorn and drinks and watch all the previews! I love watching those!


This was our movie!!!!
SO good!!!


The bonus was getting to see Amber and the kids!

Tuesdays have been special to me since 1978 when I first started art class in my dining room every Tuesday night from 7:00-9:00. I began by teaching Tole painting and then moved on to landscapes and more as I was taking lessons myself and then I would teach others.

Louis Dean was home alone and did well today.
He 'escaped' to Church's Chicken and was smart in buying plenty so we could have it for supper tonight.

 Once there's shade on the front driveway we go out and start watering in the evenings and we water the back in the mornings while we have our coffee.
Nothing has actually died yet bit everything is looking parched!!
I'll be so glad when the summer heat is over!


Just so you know - it's  only 44 days to September First!!!




14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I adore your dress! The color will be great for fall, but it is also summery. And it is a perfect match for the purse!! I have seen on the news that it is just sweltering there!

Donna said...

I can imagine how bad traffic is up there! Waco is starting to be congested, as well. All really started when Magnolia moved in...ugggg
Cute finds and I love the little goat...
hugs
Donna

Ann said...

Glad to hear you beat the traffic. I used to watch a lot of Little House on the Prairie back in the day.
Love thrift store shopping. That dress is cute.

Estelle's said...

How fun to always find the best goodies while thrifting.....the heat has been too much this summer...yes, I am counting the days until September too....and a tuna sandwich sounds delicious right now....warm hugs Miss Linda...great photo of you at the ranch home!

Rita said...

Little House on the Prairie is such a good show.
Cute dress!
I haven't seen the new Mission Impossible yet, but I will when I can get it.
Welcome home. :)

MadSnapper said...

that means its only 49 days until my 79th birthday. ov vey! on 1 year and 49 days to 80!!! yikes.
glad LD was good while you were gone and that your found little house for him to keep him happy. i know it was good to get back to home sweet home.

Deanna Rabe said...

My people are going to see the movie tonight! They are excited!

July brought the heat here to Pennsylvania, and we've been enjoying our pool!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. The movie sounds good. It's HOT here in Utah too. I need to come to Texas and go thrifting with you! You always find such great stuff. Glad you are having a good week. You and LD look so happy! See you again soon!

Pamela M. Steiner said...

It's hot everywhere right now. We've been getting good rainstorms until all of a sudden this week they stopped, so I guess I'll have to start watering again. I love all the fun stuff you found! You sure have an eye for good bargains! I wish I lived close enough so you could teach me to paint, but I don't have the patience to really go try to take a course in it. I'd just like to do it for fun. September can't get here soon enough for me, although here it is still usually hot in Sept., but at least it starts feeling a little more like fall in the air. So glad you had a good time and that you are back home safe and sound. Now relax and enjoy home!

photowannabe said...

Louis Dean always has the sweetest smile. and your treasures really are treasures.
Love that you got to see Amber and kiddos and you made me laugh when you said LD escaped to Churches Chicken. Nice that you had ready made dinner too.
Hope it cools off for us too. I sure wilt in the heat.
Sue

Granny Marigold said...

You found great treasures at the thrift store!! How convenient that the thrift store lady was good at untangling your necklace.
Keep cool if you can.

Judy said...

Fun finds again! We are cooking here on the west coast of Canada as well...and have a record number of wild fires in BC this year. Love that you went to see the movie with Amber and the kiddos. Stay cool!

Wanda said...

Another busy week, and as always you find the goodies! You will look adorable in your new dress.
I was in TJMAXX the other day and found a "gypsy" skirt...(love that style) the original price tag said $45 but the clearance tag was $9....You know it jumped into my cart. Will have to model it soon on my blog. I've always had a "hippy/gypsy spirit. Don says that why he fell in love with me!!
We have been watching OLD series like Little House, Youn Riders (Pony Express) and Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman.
Love that little goat!
Jill and Tristan are back safely in Oregon, so I have time to visit a few blog friends.
Love and Hugs.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like you have settled in quite nicely back at home with your regular thrifting sops and relaxing, Linda. Glad that Louis Dean found his camera and hope you will share more of his images. Going to the movies in a group is always fun and I know that you enjoyed the outing with the quads.