Saturday, July 29, 2023

Front Door Rescue, New Hairdo, Lunch Date With the Bells and a Friday Night Pizza and Music Party With Kimmy and June.....

The day of the Front Door Rescue and Repair was Thursday and it was a big job!
Summer is absolutely amazing! She has studied YouTube videos and researched how to do this thing so she was gung ho on getting it DONE! 


Only one side of the door (the side with the lock!) was so badly damaged that there wasn't anything solid enough to hold yet another 'repair.' They decided to cut that side off close to the top and cutting the new piece to fit.

It was another 100+ day and the porch is in the sun until 4:00 in the afternoon - so this was a hot and sweaty job!

We put the cats in the bedroom so they wouldn't 'escape' and I left Louis Dean and Summer to it!
Summer was the leader in this project and Louis Dean did a lot to help her.


I went off to my hair appointment with Yulisa!


She said my hair is in the 'growing out stage' which meant it was long in the middle back and shaped like a V. She could trim it up like that or cut it all off straight - which she said was the RIGHT thing to do. and so she did!


I told her I would love to wrap my hair in Saran Wrap so it would look good the next day!


When I got home - much progress had been made to the door! 
I had set up a huge golfing umbrella to keep Summer out of the sun and plugged in a box fan as well as kept rotating big bottles of water in and out of the freezer - serving them when they were just icy but not frozen yet.


By day's end Louis Dean was crying UNCLE and went in to take a bath while Summer labored on.

It was nearly 10:00 when she pronounced the lock DONE!
More tweaking would be made the next morning but for now we could lock the front door knowing we were secure for the night!

It was so late and we hadn't eaten dinner yet!
I have put two huge steaks in to marinate earlier and had baked potatoes ready in the crock pot - so I fired up the grill put the steaks on to cook!
Now I am NOT a good griller as most things I cook are slightly burned.
Sometimes they actually catch on fire!
Now these were expensive $50 steaks that LD had bought on sale and I did NOT want to ruin them so Rayne went out to check and said all was well.

We sat in the living room visiting a few more minutes when I went back out to check and there was FIRE coming out from the bottom of the grill and when I raised the cover - the steaks were on fire!
I turned off the propane got a big glass of water to pour over the steaks to put the flames out - and you know what? They were still tender! Cooked medium well with plenty of pink left!


We ate and went right to bed.
Summer asked Rayne, "When was the last time you had dinner at 10:30 at night??"
Only at Bella's!!

I turned the light beside my bed off at midnight and fell right to sleep and did NOT wake up AT ALL for 7 1/2 hours! First time I have slept that long at one time in over 20 years!

Friday morning Summer was back working on the front door!
We stopped in time to meet up with the Bells at McAlister's Deli.


The food was amazing!
I am eating lots of veggies and low calorie things as I have gained a few pounds.
I ate the veggie sandwich and took the salad home and had that for dinner just a little while ago.


I was in line ordering when Amber and the kids came in and at first Amber didn't even recognize me from the back! They all liked my new hair cut!


Tables for 10!
Mike joined us, too!!
It was fun like a party!




Lots of photo taking!!


Mt sweet daughters!


Rayne-Roo and Bella!!!!


Harrison is growing up!

Mike took Harrison off to a private hockey lesson while Amber and the girls came back here to pick up the kitties!

Amber sat down at the piano and ran through a few of her pieces from when she took lessons.


She printed out some sheet music and practiced a few minutes .....


then played Somewhere in Time all the way through!


Kailey showed me some different ways I can wear my hair and then she went in to see her Granddad.
Next thing I knew - he had handed her a violin and she was making some beautiful sounds on it!
There's always something to see or do around here and the afternoon just flew by!

Summer loaded up her things and headed back to Arkansas and Amber and the girls had a pool party to get to. I am so happy to have spent an entire afternoon with them all.

Louis Dean went in to a very quiet house and regrouped.

Around 6:00 we picked up some pizzas and went over to Kimmy and June's for a pizza and music party! I had a strawberry cake and took fresh berries and whipped cream for dessert. 


Louis Dean played music while Kimmy cut up all the strawberries and fixed our plates.


It was a fun night!
I had a good time even though I developed a headache and the back of my scull was hurting!
My doctor tells me I can take Motrin and it just so happened that Kimmy had a packet of two..

We lingered long over there and by the time we got home it was dark!
I need to start watching the time when we are out now that the days are getting shorter.

We spent today (Saturday) packing and getting ready for our trip up to the mountain cabin in New Mexico.

Son Jesse is here and is spending the night so we can get an early start in the morning - as in the first wee hours of the morning!
SO with that being said, I am closing this journal entry and packing up my computer!
I'll take a quick shower and hop right into bed. Louis Dean is already there!

We plan to leave at 3:00 so we will make 'Amarillo by Morning!'





11 comments:

Brenda said...

Prayers safe fun trip. Love George. Love him. Keep us posted.

Kathy said...

You are one busy lady, but it sounds as if you are having a lot of fun too. Have a safe and wonderful trip to New Mexico.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I hope you have a wonderful adventure! You look absolutely beautiful with the haircut and pretty aqua outfit! Summer really is a jack of all trades. I know you will enjoy your trip a lot better knowing the door will lock. I wish I could have heard Amber play that theme song. I loved it and the movie as well. Bon Voyage!

Anonymous said...

Hooray for Summer and Louis Dean - great job! You look amazing as usual ~ prayers for traveling mercies . I enjoy your posts far more than you will ever know !

Dee from East Tennessee

Donna said...

Be safe! Can't wait for all the photos!
Love your new cut!
hugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

if you left at 3, you might be half way there by now. Have fun, enjoy the cool air. you sure had 2 great days with family for the kick off to your vacation. Summer is so talented.. wish she lived close to me and was my daughter. table for 10, I am still smiling over that one. at least your door is locked up tight while you are gone.

photowannabe said...

Boy...no grass grows under YOUR feet!!!
You are such a busy lady. What a wonderful bunch of days you have had despite the heat and long hours of door fixing.
Love your new hair style and I know you will have a wonderful time in New Mexico.
Safe trip and relax and enjoy.
Sue

Nancy Chan said...

You have a busy schedule. Your new hair style looks good.

Anonymous said...

Your hair style is cute. Looks good on you. Have fun in New Mexico. Jan

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

You sure did pack in a lot of family visiting, Linda, and everyone looked so happy. Summer gets high fives for finishing the door repair despite the brutal heat.

Anonymous said...

I second your last statement! Linda's posts are sooo good for my soul. Dee from ND.