Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Tuesday in Taos and Wednesday's Walk.....

 I wish I bottle up the cool weather and the pine fragrance of this amazing mountain cabin!
Monday night Jesse built us a fire and Louis Dean and I sat in front of it counting our blessings.


Before I went to bed, I went outside on the deck to listen to the night sounds that are so different form the ones at home. The babbling of the brook down below the cabin and the soft rustlings of the pine and aspen trees. Quiet sounds.
No loud tree frogs and no locusts.


Jesse brought us coffee Tuesday morning and shared this cool video as it was making.

We  had a leisurely day with a simple fruit, yogurt and toast breakfast and leftovers for lunch.
We read, watched a little TV, took naps and reveled in the fact we are HERE!



It rained even as the sun was shining.

We left for Taos around 4:30....


stopping at scenic pull off places!


Just so beautiful here!


Louis Dean says he's as relaxed as he's ever been in his life.

We shopped for a few things at the local Walmart and then had dinner.


Jesse found us a restaurant that was awesome!


They close at 7:00 so his timing was perfect!


So was the food!
Jesse and I split fajitas while Louis Dean had an order all to himself.




We made it to Storyteller Cinema 7 to see....


It was good and Louis Dean sat through most of it and then whispered in my ear that he was getting a headache and would wait for us in the lobby.
Jesse and I finished out the movie and enjoyed it while Louis Dean was holding court in the lobby with a group of young people having a good time!

It was 10:30 when we got back to the cabin - such a treat to be out late since we can't drive after dark.
Jesse is an excellent driver and sees well day and night!

We are sleeping so well up here!
It was 9:30 when I woke and LD had been up a few hours.
Coffee was waiting for me and after awhile I fixed breakfast.


It was more like brunch since it was 11:30 by then.
We had taken the leftover peppers and onions from the fajitas home with us and they went well with the eggs, avocado, sour cream and toast.


Louis Dean is loving his camera and taking pictures every day and I put them on his computer every evening, delete them and he has a fresh start the next day.


This is one he took earlier this morning when I was having my first cup of coffee on the deck.


He loves the daisies and took lots of pictures of them and collected some seeds.


You can tell how relaxed I am.......


I'm thinking this may make a nice painting.....
as will the one of LD by the firepit as suggested in the last journal entry!


The dumpster is up the road a bit so we hiked up with our bag of trash early this afternoon.
There's a trail with a shaded bench to stop and rest.
Tomorrow we plan to hike up that trail.


But for today we just went to the dumpster!


We don't walk fast as the elevation is so high!


So, of course we have to stop and rest from time to time.
As I sat here on a rock and breathed in the cool pine-scented air - I thanked God for all His blessings!


Coming back down was easier than going up!
The owners of this pretty cabin live here year round.

It's been a low key day here with naps, reading homemade hamburgers for an early supper and I've done a bit of writing in my book.

It's 8:03 here in New Mexico and we are about to 'wine' down our day.
I'll find us a movie to watch and pop up a bag of popcorn before we call it a night.

We are loving every minute of our time here and are so grateful to Jesse for bringing us and to Jim and his wife for their hospitality!


Thank you, Jim and Medina!
And thank you, Jesse!!







15 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The coffee looks like a milkshake coming out! It is pretty there, country for sure, but different from the ranch.

Anonymous said...

It looks and sounds heavenly, and everyone looks as though they're happy and relaxed. Jesse is such a fortunate son, and you are a fortunate mom and pop!It is so nice to have a son near enough to do things with!❤😇
Love, Trudy

Unknown said...

My but that fire looks so cozy. Glad you all are enjoying your time there. The cool mountain air is doing you all some good I'm sure. You need to have Jesse bring you and Louis Dean back in the Fall.

Kathy said...

I am loving reading all about your trip. Sounds like you are having the best time ever.

Arlene G said...

Sounds like the perfect vacation, Linda. Enjoy!!

MadSnapper said...

i like the inside of the resturant, the retro look is a favorite of mine. wish i could pick some of those daisies to bring in my kitchen. its a wonderful place they have there. I am so happy Jesse could drive you there and be there so you could relax and enjoy. would love to taste that coffee

Susie said...

Linda, As you described the smells and sounds, I could almost go back to days of fishing and hiking with my children's father...we were so very young. But I loved the woodsy smells. You all look relaxed. Those nice temperatures are a blessing. Enjoy the quiet times together. Blessings to all, love you, xoxo, Susie

photowannabe said...

There is nothing like the smell of the woods, especially in the morning.
I am so glad you are just taking it easy and enjoying every minute. Love the pictures of LD and his relaxed look.
Awesome that Jesse could bring you to "paradise"
Sue

Rita said...

Oh my! Just sounds like the best vacation ever! So beautiful there and such a treasure to spend it with Jesse...and Harrison Ford--LOL! Can just hear the peace and calm in your words. Enjoy!!! :) :)

Brenda said...

Fun for you all.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you and your husband are having a wonderful time. Jan

Wanda said...

How wonderful Linda that you and Louis Dean could have such a pleasant vacation. How lovely it looks, the cabin, the countryside. These times of Get-away are more special than ever since we both care for our dear husbands.
Enjoy each and every day, and love every moment and experience God gives us.

So cute that Louis Dean enjoys his camera, and you are downloading all his treasusres.

Love and Hugs dear friend.

Wanda said...

PS I see we both love Sunflowers in our "headers". They make me smile.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

It sounds like you had a very relaxing time in a lovely place.
Beautiful pictures.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Echoing the previous comments in saying how wonderful the cabin looks and how relaxed you both look. So glad to read that you are enjoying every day and away from the heat of TX.