Sunday, July 30, 2023

We are HERE!!! And it is SO Beautiful and COOL!

My alarm went off at 2:00 this morning!
Louis Dean and I had come in from watering at 11:00 last night so I pushed the SNOOZE button just ONCE!!


We were up and loading the last bit of our STUFF and on the road at 3:30 this morning!
See!!!! I really CAN get up early and get going when I need to!


First stop - Potty Break at Allsups!


We did, indeed, make it to Amarillo by morning!
Paradise Coffee Roasters is Jesse's traditional place to stop and so we did!
I was enchanted by the brioche! 


AND this scone!
I tasted the brioche - which was delicious!
Louis Dean finished it off in record time!

I had the scone and it was good to the very last crumb!


Jesse helped us order our coffees and the last drop in the cup was every bit as good as the first!


Third stop was at.....


Russell's Truck Stop on Historic Route 66!
The last Sibling Trip Deanie, Charlie, Nita, Mike, Lonnie and I took together was to Arizona for Nita's grandson's wedding!


Louis Dean is back to taking photos with his fancy camera and he got some really good ones today!


We are IN New Mexico - The Land of Enchantment!


And it IS!!!


Such beauty everywhere!!

We stopped to pick up a few groceries in Las Vegas, NM and then headed up into the mountains to Tres Ritos -  elevation 8,755 feet!
Tomorrow I will take a pic of the sign!


And here we ARE!!!!


I love going through gates! 
Knowing I am welcomed and seeing the locked gate swing open to grant us entry causes my heart to squeeze in joy and anticipation.


The guys unloaded us and I put things away.....
the perishables, groceries, staples we brought from home and things we bought in Las Vegas at the Walmart. Our Bible basket is in the big room beside the chair which is beside the fireplace.
All our things are in the proper places as if we live here - and I am honest in pretending that for the next 5 days - that's exactly what I plan to do - play like I am living in this amazing cabin - which is the truth! I will be living here and I rejoice in that reality!


Louis Dean has some memory issues - .and he came in and saw this wonderful cabin and all the beautiful surroundings - and he said, "I forgot how amazing this cabin is!!! I didn't remember until I came in!"


It's going to be a wonderful week!
Very low key. Jesse will be working from his cabin next door.
We have NO agenda!
Coffee in the morning - and Jesse brought his entire coffee bar set up so we will be drinking excellent coffees! - and wine in the evening - with meals and music and reading and writing filling in the other hours of the days. And maybe a movie or two and a possible nap - or two!


It is so good to BE here!
After we settled in, we took our wine out to the deck and had to go back in for sweaters and a pair of wool socks for me - and sat and enjoyed the peace and calm of this place.
The peace and ambiance is so thick here, I feel like you can reach out and cut off a slice, put it in your mouth and let it melt. 

This is a beautiful place to be.


As LD and I were sitting on the front balcony, this bird came to visit!

I went in to prepare dinner and LD took a good long soaking bath.

Then we all regrouped for dinner together.


This is the temp when we sat on the balcony....
and now it is 48 outside and 68 beautiful and chilly degrees inside!



God bless and keep you in his perfect wiil and give you peace.....








13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Seems like the weather is almost like fall there - your favorite season! I hope you brought your Neil Diamond.

Unknown said...

Wow what a beautiful view from that deck. So glad you all made it there safe and sound. Have a wonderful, peaceful, relaxing and cool week. So nice of Jesse to do this for you and Louis Dean. Enjoy!

Susie said...

Linda, I wish I could be there too. For the coolness and the coffee at least. LOL. Hold tight to your loving man. I enjoy seeing couples who hold hands or link arms... I always say they are toast and honey, they just belong together. Your children are so good and kind. Blessings to all, love, xoxo, Susie

MadSnapper said...

you had me at cool temps, peace and QUIET! I long for all three of those. the sweet cabin and the fire pit ate the cherries on top... glad you had a good and safe trip. 5 days of heaven, bring on Jesses coffee that adds another cherry on top

Deanna Rabe said...

How delightful in every way!

As we head into August, we still have summer temps for a few more months. But then those temperatures will come, with my beloved autumn.

Enjoy your week.

Changes in the wind said...

So happy you can have this special treat from the heat.

Jan said...

So glad you are there. You can't beat the mountains in summer for cool, quiet and peace. We lived in Los Alamos,NM for almost 8 years and we loved living up in the mountains! The summers were wonderful!

photowannabe said...

Oh, New Mexico looks so delightful and inviting.
Cool weather AHhhhh
Enjoy each day to the fullest..what am I saying? You always do!!!
Just enjoy...
Sue

Anonymous said...

What a delight! I know you are very happy to be there. You are so lucky to have such caring children and they are lucky to have you!
It's beautiful there!❤
Trudy

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like such a great cabin, Linda, and it is nice that the temps are downright chilly after all the heat you have been dealing with in TX. We have never visited New Mexico, but it is on our list for a future cross country road trip.

16 blessings'mom said...

That peace and ambiance melting in your mouth, love it! What an amazing place. Here in Central New York State, we're having beautiful weather, chilly tonight...sunny tomorrow and high 74. It's just beautiful. I know, I know, we get clobbered with snow in the winter, but our summers are gorgeous. You soak in that beauty there, and relax, it's so nice! Thank you for sharing with us all!
Della

Carole said...

Glad you have found some cool. We could do with some heat... Cheers

Debbie said...

as i started to read this i thought you were going to the country, now i realize you are in new mexico, how wonderful!!! it sounds like the place to be, in a cabin, in cool temperatures out of the texas heat!!

the cabin looks very nice, and yes, it will surely feel like home!! i am a little jealous, chuck and i need a vacation!!