Thursday, July 27, 2023

Celebrating FAMILY!!!

Monday was a busy day!
I had an appointment with my dermatologist's PA for a skin scan of my moles.
Moles are hereditary and I got them from my Granny.
I've always wondered WHY?? My Granny and I were never close and I do not believe she even liked me - and yet I have her moles. And I have given them to Summer.....

Pam (Reaoma's daughter) has a scan every year so I told her I would add that to my check ups.
I did and I must say Dr. Carolyn Kim has such a sweet staff! 
Pearla - don't you love that name??- was so kind and PA Mai was excellent!
She cut off one mole that was at my waistline and found one spot on my right arm underside that looked suspicious so she cut into that one to biopsy PLUS she froze off several precancerous places on my left arm and my nose!

I go back on September 28th and I have promised to bring them a Crack Cake!
You know what made this visit so special?
While I did not see Dr. Kim.....I have to tell you that she is married to my beloved Dr. Keith Bloom!
I will bring them an entire cake when I come back - I know that is one of Dr. Kim's favorite!

I came home and switched into my grungy clothes and started cleaning and preparing the guest room for Summer's arrival!


I took a book and wine break and am rereading The Little Paris Bookshop! It's such a 'delicious' read!
I seldom read a book more than once.....although I read Gone With the Wind 9 times!
The first time was when I was 9 years old.


I bought a new set of sheets for when my Canadian sister Linda Chapman visited here last month - that seems so long ago! I miss those mornings when I would come in the den with my coffee and she had already been up for hours and we would sit with our coffees and visit!

I bought another new set for Summer's visit.....100% cotton in a pretty green color.


I lit a candle to cleanse and celebrate a clean room..... 
and I love the new lights I bought for in here.


I added a chair for the corner because every bedroom needs a chair.

Summer did arrive from Bar-J Ranch in El Dorado Arkansas on Monday afternoon at 5:00.
Needless to say, she was exhausted and went right to bed.
There's something so special about going to bed with one of my grown children sleeping under my roof.

Tuesday morning I was sitting in my comfy living room chair where I do my Quiet Time and reading when I looked down and saw two white knobs.


I started to reach down to see what they were when it dawned on me it was two white paws -
Samantha's white paws!
Apparently they were playing Hide 'N Seek!
It took Tabitha a long time to find her!
(I may have helped.... just saying.....)

So then it was Tabitha's turn!


I actually found her in the towel cupboard next to my shower!
The funny thing is - she stayed there ALL DAY LONG!
I guess Samantha needed my help and I wasn't here!


Summer and I met up with Brenda to go Tuesday Treasuring!
I found some really good treasures!


Brenda found these two pillows and knew I would love them!
They will live down at the ranch and look good on a denim sofa cover.


We leave on Sunday morning - or 'in the middle of the night' - for the mountain cabin in New Mexico and I will be wearing a brand new wardrobe PLUS a sweater or two!
The weather at Tres Ritos is amazing and I can't wait to get there.
As I write - the temp is there is 63 with a low of 54 tonight.
Highs next week will be in the '70's and lows in the 40's at night!


This cute green dress will go places with me!

When we came back from thrifting - Summer went on to Rowlett to pick up Rayne.


 How awesome to SEE her again with my own eyeballs!!!!
She is such an amazing young lady at 13 years of age!


Wednesday morning we were up and at 'em and heading to Fort Worth to spend some quality time with family!
\

We drove over to Mike's and then we went from there to meet up with Deanie, Charlie and Lonnie!


Table for 8 at the Olive Garden!


We were celebrating Mike's birthday as well as just being together!



This is our 'Funny Faces'.....except only FOUR of us did one!
Party Poopers!
Can you spot the four?


Uncle Lonnie is looking GOOD!


Charlie is a great photo bomber!


It was such a good lunch and time of visiting!


I can't explain how much I loved spending time with my family.
Time is precious.....


Raynie is 13 years old and the easiest young lady to have around.
She is chock full of info about her volunteer work with horses and dogs in Puerto Rico and I love to hear all about what she is passionate about!


Taking a pic of Deanie and Louis Dean is a tradition!

After lunch we went back to Mike's....
and I 'visited' with Nita in her back yard.

This is the view from Nita's to her beloved next door neighbor.....


Sheryl's landscape is amazing......so much garden area....


And then there's Nita's garden....
the one Sheryl designed for her in memorial.


I have to admit that it was an emotional experience to visit here with Mike and my siblings and also 'see' Nita everywhere I look. This was a GOOD thing!


I sat here and prayed and cried and thanked God for allowing me to be Lanita Mae's sister for all of her 68 years, 8 months and 1 day.
This was Nita's view over to Sheryl's garden and my view this afternoon.


I cried harder at this view to the left - the swings that held happy times with Nita in the swing and us all taking turns on the other one while Nita would jump out and seat someone in her place.
Our sister was an amazing woman and we are still reeling at her being gone.
A friend reached out to me this evening and reminded me of what Queen Elizabeth said after losing Prince Philip...."Grief is the price we pay for loving someone."
Thank you, Teresa, for the blessing of these words.

We left Fort Worth in heavy traffic and I was so happy and relieved when we got HOME!
I totally underestimated the TRAFFIC!

I shifted gears and went to the dining room where my art table has been left in place for over the past month and more. I've worked now and again on finishing up art projects and gave son Jesse the painting for Jim of the New Mexico cabin as well as THE BARISTA painting for Jesse.

I still have a couple of paintings in progress but tonight I decided to start on my Christmas in July Santa painting!


How appropriate to find this Tuesday Treasure!
I propped it up on the art table and then put on a selection of Christmas CD's.....


This set the mood.....the only thing I was missing was hot chocolate with peppermint candy canes to stir in!
Back in my art class days I would do all of this and it was so much fun!


It's late in July but I managed to start my 2023 Christmas Santa painting!


It's a start and that's all I needed!

I'll be honest.....it's been a day. 
It's been a few days.
Feelings and emotions and all sorts of things going on....
things of my heart, my mind, my spirit......

I love and pray for all of you who read my words....
just as I know that you love and pray for me.

I'm winding up things here and preparing for our trip to New Mexico next week.
It will be wonderful to be up in the mountains where the high temps are in the 70's and the lows are in the 40's! I am packing long sleeves and a sweater!

















13 comments:

Donna said...

I'm jealous of those low temps you'll be enjoying! 70 sounds like Heaven!
Love all of your fun finds at the thrift store...and happy that Summer has arrived!
I really need to get busy with my Christmas decorations for this year! Thanks for the reminder!
hugs
Donna

Ann said...

Oh my, those are perfect temperatures.
Glad you had a nice time with family.

Carol said...

What perfect temperatures! I know you will love the mountains. I hope that I don't melt this weekend. My trip is going to be HOT!!!

Susie said...

Linda, I loved seeing all the pics of your family. Rayne is almost grown, better squeeze her down some. I use to tell my grands that I would squeeze them little again , now I have to say it to my g.grands. They all grow up and away too soon. Or seems so in my old age. My heart felt your longing as you wrote of Nita. Grief is strange...it will just lay you flat out at times. Other times , it's just a wee visit , long enough to say a prayer or "I love you still". Be safe and cool. Blessings to all, love you guys, xoxo,Susie

Arlene G said...

Can I go with you to the mountains? We have had a mild summer here in Alabama but this week the hot temps are here. We head to Grimmwood on Sunday but it is hot there as well. Loved seeing all the pictures of your family. I know it was a blessing to be together.

Deanna Rabe said...

I, so excited for you and your trip to New Mexico! Enjoy those cool temps!

Precious family time makes us feel those who are missing, but as you do, it’s good to remember and be so thankful for their lives! Nita lives on in the lives of all those she touched!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I hope you have a blast in Mexico and show us plenty of photos! I love your pretty green dress! and what an adorable pic of Samantha's paws and Tabitha hiding! Rayne has grown so much!

Valena said...

This is a happy blog to visit. Seeing Ran

Estelle's said...

I love reading and seeing your family celebrations Linda...it's apparent how much members of your family mean to you...I'm certain you have been a real blessing in their lives also...great post!

photowannabe said...

Ah..yes Family!! There is nothing like them to feed our souls. they are the warm hugs for the tender hearts. Summer looks terrific and I'm glad she is there for a visit.
The Christmas painting is going to be one of your very best I think..Love the theme and oh yes, I do love that green dress for New Mexico.
Journey Mercies and prayers for a wonderful and refreshing time.
Sue

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Such a lovely visit with you here today. So many things to take in...I just sit in awe and wonder how you do it all! Loved seeing your family together at Cracker Barrel...that's something our family loves to do as well, although it has been awhile since we did it at CB. There isn't one near us where we live now nor at a good in between spot for the family to gather, so we've picked some other places to meet. Still, it's the time together that matters, not the place. Love that your sister Nita's neighbor has a memorial garden for Nita. That is really special, and certainly speaks to how wonderful your sister was that her neighbor would want to have a garden in her memory. That's priceless. I LOVE the new Santa pic you are painting. That is going to be a real work of art when it is complete. I think you should tweak the faces to be you and Louis Dean...just saying...maybe you are already doing that...I love it. Such a tender picture. Okay, that's enough. I love all the cool clothes you found and other items while thrifting. I don't know how you do it. You have a real "eye" for bargains. Please take care and Oh, I envy you the trip to the cabin in the mountains. That sounds delightful. We could sure use some of those cooler temps about now. Take care my friend. God bless you and keep you real good.

MadSnapper said...

Have fun sitting by the fires and enjoying that gorgeous perfect weather. wish I could have that weather here. love the new green dress. hope your days get better and better and you get refreshed by your visit to NM

Hina said...

Dear Linda, wishing you the best of times of at your NM vacation.