Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Monday Blessings.....

Brenda and her cousin, Patty, invited me to go thrifting with them on Monday!
Patty lives in Lewisville and had done her research on thrift stores in the area. She's a brand new newbie at thrifting but she went with Brenda a few weeks ago and found two cute Chico's dresses for just $12 so she was game to go again!


Brenda picked me up and drove us to Patty's amazing apartment!
This Queen Bee was custom made for her and hangs in her bathroom!


Her apartment is stunningly beautiful!


I wasn't surprised to find she is in the decorating business in South Lake.


I love that she keeps her table set for the seasons.


I loved this sign, too!!


We shopped two thrift shops with a classy lunch at Chante Mexican Grill & Cantina.
Brenda and I each found treasures in both shops and Patty found one - but it was a real beauty!


She bought this beautiful rug for her living room for just $28!
It was in pristine condition and just perfect!
She and Brenda rolled the old rug up to take to the trash when I said I would love to use it in my gazebo! So Win! WIN!! for me, too!!


Some of my other treasures!
I have always wanted curtains on my porch and I bought two white duck panels which I hope to hang once we get the porch painted later this month.
Brenda also spied a set of green king sized pillow shams that match my bedroom and/or guestroom colors. 
Louis Dean has been wanting a watering can and when I saw the bright orange on for $8.99 I popped it right in my basket. It's from Crate & Barrel.
The floor lamp was just $2.50 and replaced the quirky little lamp by Louis Dean's side of the couch on the den.
Pioneer Woman measuring cups for $3 and two pair of mud boots both of which will go to the ranch with us tomorrow and I will see that the two worn out pair get put in the trash!

Look what the 'other' Linda Chapman made for us!!!


A beautiful BIG scrapbook of her visit to Texas!


What a treasure!


It was a wonderful week - just not long enough!


We are already looking forward to her coming back and I hope to visit her someday.
We are truly kindred spirits and more like sisters than I dreamed!

I hope everyone is having a great 4th of July.
We took and extra day to rest and recover and prepare for our trip to the ranch.
I was there in June with Linda but Louis Dean hasn't been there since the end of May.

I'm writing my journal entry early tonight as LD is out there loading the truck so we can get and 'early'' start tomorrow! I'm 'fixing to' go over and water at Stephanie's and then do ours.
I love that phrase 'fixing to!'
Louis Dean says whatever would we do without it??



5 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the Texas scrapbook!! It is the representation and home of so many good memories!! Sleep well, and get ready for the trip!

Judy said...

That is just so special...the scrapbook of the other Linda C's visit to Texas! Enjoy your trip to the ranch & safe travels!

Donna said...

Beautiful apartment...and a sweet scrapbook for you to always cherish!
hugs
Donna

MadSnapper said...

each time i get a text from my brothers wife, she says
fixin to go wash my hair'fixin to cook dinne, fixin to go to doc appto. that is a southern thing, I used to say it but don't now. lovely scrap book. looks like your luck in thrift stores is contagious to people who go with you. we don't have things here in ours like yours does. the rug looks new. asnwer to question about Beau and fireworks, he hates them and doesn't sleep until they stop,but he will lay down but not go to sleep. I despise them for myself. our neighbors 7 houses of them did fireworks from 7:30 to 12:30 last night, non stop, i almost went crazy. only got 3 hours of sleep and even after 12:30 about once an hour they would set off really loud ones. I hate them more than beau does

photowannabe said...

Wow that was a Win-Win for all of you at the thrift shops. the rug was an amazing bargain for sure.
Love the scrapbook. what a treasure from your "SIS"
Have fun at the ranch, stay coo and enjoy.
Sue