Monday, August 22, 2016

Wake Up and Smell the Coffee!



We slept long and hard last night and it was 9:00 before we knew it. That's my normal wake up hour although I sometimes go back to sleep for another hour or so if I'm really tired.


This morning Louis Dean got right up and started cooking up a breakfast that would bring anyone out of the bedroom! I simply LOVE waking up to the smell of coffee! Add sausage and eggs to that and I was heading to the kitchen! We both enjoy leisurely mornings having our coffee, reading, sharing our devotionals, watching a little news.


Today was the first day of school for Rayne.
Every fall I choose a special place in the den for this photo of Rayne when she was a baby.


Six years old and in the first grade now!
Wow! Time has flown by!
When Summer was a little girl, I always made her a special 'First Day of School' outfit and it was always red, white and blue.  She carried out that tradition all the years she was growing up so it is no surprise that Rayne starts every school year in Red/White and Blue!!

Louis Dean went off to work on his music and, even though I was itching to get back to my cleaning and decorating, I first did some Tai Chi.


My step son gave me this DVD and I am slowly but surely getting the moves down.
While I'm still nowhere near being as fluid in motion as I should be - I can see progress.
I figured with my surgery coming up I better work out while I can!

While I worked in the foyer, Louis Dean worked in the kitchen making his special goulash for our late lunch/early dinner. While it was simmering, a thunder storm blew in and he poured us a glass of wine and we went out on the porch to watch.


I think Louis Dean is just about the sweetest man I have ever met and I have had so much fun being married to him.


He's also CUTE and he KNOWS it!!!
Just look at that face!
However, shortly after I took this picture, the lightning was striking WAY too close to home so we retreated.......


to the den to watch the rest of the storm.
Thankfully we are NOT getting water in the house since Louis Dean put in that sump pump, had new gutters installed and keeping them cleaned out.


We went back outside after the storm was over.
The rosemary smells SO good!!!


We went to the back yard and the rain had filled the ponds up.

I managed to finish the living room and foyer today.


I didn't overload the living room this year.


Am I the last person in the world to have a stereo? Louis Dean bought this one for me for my birthday the first year we were married. It holds 5 CD's and can play cassette tapes, too.
I change the music every week and right now I'm listening to Enya as I sit here in the white rocker writing. Louis Dean is on the couch and it's a thousand wonders I'm making any sense at all since he's carrying on a conversation with me about his truck being in the shop. He misses it badly and frets over it not being in the driveway where it belongs.


This is my view as I look up from my laptop.
That's tomorrow's work - the dining room.


The foyer is clean and I'm calling it done.


This looks much busier in the photo than in real life - or maybe I'm just used to it.


The front porch is all decked out except for some real pumpkins.
I haven't seen them in the grocery stores yet but I'm hoping to buy some on September first!


So that's my Monday!
I think I may just have squeaked in under the midnight hour!


14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the guitar in your rosemary bed. So now you are finished with the decorating? It is beautiful!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I love the way you celebrate life!

Kathy said...

As usual your decorating is beautiful! I love your pond picture. It looks so peaceful. I could sit there for a long time. Glad you got some rain and your house stayed dry! I am still working on cleaning up my house so I CAN decorate.

Susie said...

LInda, Yes , your LD is very cute. :):) He made you a wonderful breakfast. I am sending hugs to that sweet little Rayne. So cute. I like to watch storms too. It's the lightning that's scary. Your house is looking very pretty with all the twinkle lights. I love those. Blessings for a great new day there. Love you guys, xoxo, Susie

MadSnapper said...

love the guitar in the plants.. and yum breakfast for me if bob cooks it. you are all cozy and ready for sept. we are watching 3 storms in the Atlantic which is what this time of year means for us. I hear nothing but good things about Tai Chi.. our lifeguard at the YMCA swears by it... for people who don't have the dvd there are many on youtube to follow. they do wheel chair tai chi at the nursing home.

Arlene G said...

That LD is cute Linda!! You got a treasure. I have put out one or two fall things. I just could not put away my Autumn piece I finished. My Jolly Jack is out as well. He was too cute to put away until September. But I am looking forward to sprucing up the place for fall. When I pull out my bins I always find something that I have forgotten about and it is like Christmas.:) Hope you two have a wonderful day.

Linda said...

LD has apparently brought you happiness you were missing for many years. I'm delighted you found him. There's nothing beats being in a safe location watching a Texas thunderstorm. Rayne is darling and I'm betting she loves school.

Bev said...

Love all the lights you put up!!

bj said...

wow...you have fall decos out...i am hanging onto summer with both hands and both feet...not any where NEAR ready for fall...HOWEVER, it is knocking at our door early mornings and late nights.

Carole said...

I did see some of the synchronised swimming and it was simply fantastic! I also enjoyed the gymnastics and the fabulous showjumping. Wish I had some of your heat right now - it's a cold rainy day here.... Cheers from Carole's Chatter

Nonnie said...

Linda, you sure have the gift of getting into the spirit of the seasons. Love the tradition with your daughter and granddaughter. So sweet. And so is your husband. What a dear. We enjoy sitting on the patio to watch a storm, too. I'm glad you got your water problem resolved.

Pondside said...

You two pack more into a day than anyone else! I loved the photos of LD watching the storm - such a fun thing to do.

Vee said...

"He's cute and he knows it." Does he now? LOL! Well there is no sense pretending otherwise. May Rayne have a wonderful year at school! Everything looks terrific at your place...warm and cozy like fall, which I know you are eager to have arrive. I love the scent of rosemary, but can not for the life of me keep it alive.

Blondie's Journal said...

I think everything looks fallish and beautiful...its hard to get night pics.

Love hearing your day to day happenings. I love to watch a good storm only to test my courage! lol!

Love that you are a late sleeper, too. What is so special about getting up at 7 a.m. other than you can pass out by 9 p.m.?

Jane