Monday, August 29, 2016

Quad Monday!

Today was the first time to host the quads on a Monday instead of Wednesday!
We were excited and waiting bu the door!!


I told Louis Dean the kids take turns ringing the bell so he could NOT open the door until he heard it!


Excitement all around!


The kids loved looking at all the fall decorations ......
and meeting the old banjo playing skeleton again.
The girls were afraid to push the button so they got Harrison to do it first.


Then they all took turns!


Busy kids! There's always lots to do!



Lunch was served on the deck.
Homemade pizza, sweet potato fries and fruit.
And juice. Lots of juice.
Amber had sent lemonade in their Dickie cups so I used those for lunch.
First of all, Trystan knocked hers off the bench and it fell and spilled.
She cried. I gave her more juice. NOT lemonade but juice. 
She tried to console herself and said, "My mommy will give me more lemonade when I get home."
I came back out with her juice and picked up my phone to take a pic when Harrison knocked HIS cup off. I went ahead and took my picture and then rinsed his cup and filled it with fresh juice.
JUST as I sat his cup down, Logan knocked HERS off! 
These were all truly accidents, too!!
Never a dull moment and by the time I sat down to eat my pizza, well, I didn't have to worry about it being too hot!

We are on a firmer schedule now that school has started so lunch was aimed for noon but it was 12:30 when it actually happened. Reading and naps followed and we ALL slept well.
I admit to hearing it thunder so I snuck outside to clear up the craft work we had been doing before it rained - which it never did!


This afternoon we had a BIG tea party!!! As in ALL the ingredients - sandwiches, cookies, fruit and cake and, of course, TEA!!! WITH sugar cubes.


Harrison dearly loves the  Miss Debbie  white tea cakes!
He eats the most!


They remain fascinated with watching the sugar dissolve.


Everyone had a good time and no one left the table hungry!


I just loved this picture of Logan......


The kids played inside, outside and in the gazebo.


Our craft for today was decoupaged clear glass saucers using these fall paper napkins.
I will clean up the edges and paint the backs of the plates before next week.
We still have a set of dinner plates to make to match.

I made the quads pajamas a few months back and they are still their favorite PJ's.
Amber picked up some lightweight knits at Hobby Lobby on Thursday and I stitched up a pair for Harrison this afternoon.


Amber had bought a package of plain white t-shirts and I added some matching trim to the neckline.
Harrison personally requested a pocket and a small heart.
I sewed on the pocket and thought I would leave off the heart, thinking the reason he wanted one was because the other ones I made for them I had sewn a matching heart to each t-shirt so they could keep up with the sets better. No, he said. He still wanted a small heart. I said okay and put one on for him.
Then he told my why he wanted it......
"Now I will have a heart on my pajamas for Kailey! It will remind me to pray for Kailey's heart."
Harrison has such a sweet heart!!!
All four of them do.
Trystan was out of sorts this afternoon because she wasn't feeling well.
Logan came up to her and instead of fussing at her, she simply put her arms around her and kissed her on the forehead.
We had a lot of object lessons today.
The quads are good teachers and we learn as much from them as they do from us.
Tonight I was so tired I didn't think I had the energy to even put my photos on the lap top much less write words! I showered and went to the den where Louis Dean was watching the news and I admit to being a total zombie. He just reached over and gave me a shoulder massage and then when I stretched out on the couch he rubbed lotion on my feet.
Today I saw a lot of kindness in action.


15 comments:

Carole said...

Kindness - how lovely! I'm so impressed you can manage a whole day with 4 energetic little ones! Cheers from Carole's Chatter

Linda said...

I love the photo of Logan holding her teacup like a little lady. My, how much your family would have missed if you'd lost Harrison on that awful day four years ago. He is such a precious little boy. I don't like to be touched much. Bob would love it if I rubbed his feet with lotion and rubbed his back. Doesn't happen often around here. LD is such a love and such a rock for you to lean on. Enjoy him. Sounds like the day went well.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the video of them all running into the house best of all! So full of love and happiness. They certainly have developed empathy at a very young age. What a great craft! And a beautiful fall one.

MadSnapper said...

It really warms the cockles of my heart to hear that these sweet children take care of each other and such good care of each other and it's because their mother and their dad and their grandparents have trained them that way they act like what they see. You have such a wonderful family I love seeing them sitting at that outdoor dining table.

Vee said...

Awwww...sometimes that's all we need...a little pat on the back, a gentle kiss, a foot rub, an "everything's going to be okay." It is. It really is.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

There lives are so different...so many to love! And they are just precious. What a wonderful childhood they are having and tucking away in their memories. I love that they have proper tea cups for their tea party! Hugs to you all, Diane

Susie said...

Linda, It is obvious the kids love you and granddad, so much. Wow, Harrison made my heart melt...what a sweetie. My weekend with my grands and great grands...wore me out. I carried the babies some times but I could never do that every day. Blessings to all there, Love you, xoxo, Susie

Arlene G said...

I always enjoy seeing what you are up to on Quad Days. Which days do they go to school? Are they in the same class at their school? I had some twins when I taught preschool but never Quads. We did have a set of Boy Quads and they were split up two and two in their preschool classes. The twins I taught were inseparable..both sets were identical. I have twin great nieces but they are like chalk and cheese...they prefer being in different classes at school. I find all these relationships so fascinating. Loving your fall decor by the way!

Pondside said...

These post always make me feel so good. You and LD and the Quads have such a special bond. Harrison's reason for wanting the heart on his shirt was so very touching.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

They have seen love in action since they were born, and are living out what they've learned! What a joy that is!

Bev said...

What a fun day!!.... You guys are the best!!!.. love those quads... they are very blessed children!!

Summer said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing the happiness ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Kelly said...

It looks like you had a nice visit today with the quads. They are all so cute sitting at the table together. I bet Logan feels extra special being the only boy in the group!

Blondie's Journal said...

I love hearing of your days with those sweeties! I have to say that you and other blogger friend-grandmothers are teaching me how to be a better one. It's a different ballgame than when they were your own. And I know for sure, after just a bit if time with our 19 month old, they wear you out and thankfully go home!!! ;-D I have two more on the way! God help me!!!!!! :))))

Jane

Gypsy Heart said...

They truly are the sweetest children and always so kind to each other! Harrison's statement would melt anyone's heart.
It's so heartwarming to see the memories you're creating!

xo
Pat