Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Tuesday! You Know the Routine......

Today started a bit earlier than our normal Tuesdays!


I picked Ruth Ann up at 11:00 for an 11:20 showing of our movie of choice!
We arrived early enough to get the Senior Combo of a popcorn and small drink plus a $1 hot dog!
$6.75 for lunch AND a movie!


This was a pretty funny one and we enjoyed it!
Next week we hope to see Hot Pursuit (filmed in Texas!) with Reese Witherspoon!


Next stop Goodwill!!
Well, actually third stop since we swung by Lowes and loaded the trunk up with the 5 bags of mulch for $10 sale they had going on!!


I found a BUNCH of good STUFF!!!


All sorts of things ranging from a denim jumper for me and two nice pillows (which are now on our front porch bench) and a toy cash register - which was just $2!!


I scored on a brand new canvas baskets and bought four of them - new in the package.
Amber brought the kids over so she could go to a doctor appointment. She spied them and said that while she wasn't a BAG lady, she DID love baskets! I gave her all four!


I also gave her these brand new spa booties that you can freeze or put in the microwave.


I am just weeks away from bringing out all my sunflowers!
This one is already living in Louis Dean's bathroom - and I'm sure he's THRILLED!


Trystan posed with this Children Are poster!


The cash register was the best $2 purchase I've made in a long time!
Amber brought home several new packets of 'money' when she picked them up tonight!


I started not to buy these cute dishes from Williams-Sonoma - but at just $0.59 each for the little plates and $0.79 for the bowls - LESS 25% - I could NOT pass them up!!! I will use them for a tea party tomorrow with the quads and then put them up until next year's Valentine time.


I know this is blurry but this sweet music box will be stored away for next Easter.
It plays Easter Parade.


I am REALLY excited about this set!
Cabernet hand painted collection featuring a three bowl compote - or whatever you call it!
I also got four small bowls and four smaller bowls and what is so nice is - I already have three LARGE bowls! I just think these are so pretty and I am going to do a table scape with them after the 4th!


This set of brand new Sarah Peyton glass coasters will be a Christmas or birthday gift - and I will add photos to them first in the small insets.


I know it's summertime but FALL really IS coming!
The whisk is battery operated and works!

As soon as I got home and unloaded, the quads arrived!!!
At first they gathered around Granddad and watched Paw Patrol while I bustled around getting things in order.


We went out in the front yard to water things and each other!


See what I mean?


Mike met up here and went to get pizzas for our supper.


Late afternoons under the shade of the pecan tree is a nice place to be!

Mike returned with a stack of pizzas and Amber arrived back from her doctor appointment.


The girls were already in 'art mode' with their coloring......


so when Ruth Ann and I started painting,THEY wanted to paint, too!!!
So here's Kailey adding some burnt umber and Payne's gray to the background......


while Logan painted in some cadmium red and alizarin crimson on Santa's hat.


Trystan worked on the white trim on his hat!

Harrison did a bit of painting on the lower corner of the canvas but he didn't last long!


After Kailey's turn, she sat on Ruth Ann's lap and watched her paint.......


paying VERY close attention!!

Amber and Mike loaded the kids up and left for home.
Sherry arrived shortly after they left, just barely missing them!
Louis Dean has not had a good day. His blood pressure has been on the high side and he has felt achy all day from his waist down. He has spent most of this day in bed.
We agreed that it would be best to go down to the ranch next week after he gets his stitches out - so that's what we are going to do!
I have to tell you - I am so disappointed but I am a big girl and can deal with it!
There are many reasons I love going to the ranch.....
I love my step son and he is SUCH a delight!! He's funny and witty and smart and entertaining - a total charmer! It's beautiful down there - in ALL seasons. I work really hard here at home. That's my own doing! I live in a high maintenence house and there is SO much to do - always!
When I am at the ranch, I live in a 31 foot camper with great A/C and comfortable in every way for me. AND I do NOT work!!! Sometimes I help Sherry with her projects but that is NOT work for me.
I've always been a Type A person and I can't seem to help myself - I work.
It's beginning to make Louis Dean feel guilty since he's been in bed so much.
I tell him I only do what I can do - and he does all the things I can't!
Still, I get tired and I am SO looking forward to getting away and RESTING!!
Down at the ranch we wake up, drink coffee, read and then it's just a little of whatever until late afternoon when we sit sipping wine and then we eat, talk, sit out under the stars and finally go to bed.
Life seems to revolve more around meals there and we are always talking about food.
HEB is my favorite store so we always stock up on groceries on our way down.
There's a specialness to nearly every day down there - whether feeding the goats, going berry picking, fishing, walking, exploring, or just sitting in the shade with a glass of iced tea.....life is good on the ranch. 8 days and a wake up and I am THERE!!!

15 comments:

Jutta said...

No doubt - soon there will be three more artladies around! The more the merrier for sure and they are so blessed to have You to teach and motivate them. Win win!!

Small Kucing said...

I have watched part 1 of the movie. It was a good show. Hoping that i can catch part 2 when it opens here ☺

Penny said...

We took the boys to Mall Cop 2 and we all loved it, a good fun film. Sensible to wait until,LD's stitches are out I think, then you can truly relax when you get down to the ranch x

Deb said...

You deserve a rest you are one busy lady! I sure miss seeing your sweet self but I feel like I'm part of your life reading your blog ...prayers that LD is doing better today

Vee said...

It is wise to wait just a little longer. More healing time for Louis Dean in the comfort of home.

You know what? I look forward to Wednesday morning just so I can find out what you gathered on Tuesday. Looks as if the cash register was the hit of the day...that and the baskets and socks for Amber. A great haul...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It sounds wonderful to be in your camper! Makes life much simpler, time for having fun...or resting! You really did find some neat items! Makes me want to go to the thrift store today! Have fun! Hugs, Diane

Susie said...

Linda, I love your posts about Tuesdays...it's my Tuesdays with LInda...LOL..I love to know what movie you saw and what all you hauled home from the junk stores. LOL. Tickles me. I would be right in there with you if I could. I love seeing how your painting are progressing. I think LD is feeling poorly...cause he is not used to be in bed that long. He is use to running and doing...it is rough on active people to sit still. Tell him to be a bit more patient...so you both can go on a ranch vacation and relax. Blessings, xoxo, love you, Susie

Kathy said...

Going to the ranch will be good for the both of you. Rest and relaxation is probably what you both need right now. Wise to get another doctor visit in and the stitches out, though. I know I always start to feel better once those stitches are gone.

NanaDiana said...

Love your Tuesday posts. You and I are so much alike. I have a hard time relaxing and doing nothing--because I am always working. But- I, like you, enjoy doing that. Sorry LD is not feeling well. Hope the rest at the ranch will fix him up!
Enjoy your 4th. It will be a super busy one here. xo Diana

Arlene G said...

Hope the trip to the ranch will give you both a rest. That is why we are thinking of building a cabin on my family farm in Georgia. Just a place where we can get away from it all.

MadSnapper said...

i like that you are letting the quads help with your painting. and good news on the Rand R at the ranch. hope LD feels better today.

Cheapchick said...

I am sorry you have to delay going to the ranch - you definitely deserve some time away to relax and rest. Here is hoping LD feels better soon!

Wanda said...

You had a great Tuesday, and I love your Goodwill store...wow,,,,what fabulous finds.

You are truly teaching your little quads the love of art and painting...and tea parties....memories that will carry them in to adulthood and beyond.

Hope LD feels better soon.....know you will all get rested up at the ranch. What a good change of pace...then come home and get ready for your Fall Decorations.
I put my little flags up in the flower pots on the balcony this morning.
Happy July....sending Hugs

Diana Ferguson said...

So sorry to hear LD is not feeling well. The ranch will be a good change for both of you!

Linda said...

I am continuing prayers for you and Louis Dean, Linda. I love all your thrift store finds! :)