Thursday, July 16, 2020

The Last Few Days......

We are loving our sweet little kittens!
Samantha prefers to hang out with me in the girl bunk while Tabitha can be found at Louis Dean's feet anytime he is lying down.


Monday morning, I took my coffee back to bed and Samantha kept me company as I did my prayer time and diary writing.


I used the eggs I had gathered while doing Critter Chores to make breakfast.
They were all small ones so I scrambled them with peppers, cheese, a little milk and some Slap Yo Mama seasoning.


Rolled up in flour tortillas from HEB and served with salsa, sour cream and tomatoes - YUM!
We tend to eat only two meals a day since we get up so late.


Louis Dean was having a good time out in his 'garden!' 


Water ponds are wonderful.
I love the sound.
We spent Monday doing what we wanted to do.
I painted. He played outside - coming in to cool off often.
By day's end, I cleaned up the art table and started the process of of preparing to go home.
Louis Dean started loading the truck with the empty water containers and such.
He fills the bottles up with Irving water for drinking and cooking.
We left most things here since we are coming right back!


Tuesday morning we had Panettone bread toasted with butter along with cottage cheese and strawberries.
Sometime simple meals are the best.
And I love using pretty dishes.

I spent a leisurely day cleaning up the front room and the camper.
Louis Dean spruced up outside putting away all his tools plus he worked on his pond.
He added a bird bath and redirected the water to flow into it.
He also put the stones around the pond leaving room for a herb garden between the pond shell and the stones. He filled that with sandy loam soil and a bag of top soil and planted my oregano, two kinds of basil and a few other herbs. The mint we are keeping in a pot! Plus I bought one pepper plant - jalapeno - and he planted that as well. We had a trumpet vines in a pot and he planted that at the base of one of the thorn trees. All the trees out there have thorns on them. The birds love those trees. Hummingbirds and mockingbirds. I will have to use my plant finder app to see just what they are called.

It was 6:30 by the time we left the ranch and headed to Bellmead.


I shopped Walmart for a few grocery items and tubs for our frames of honey when we harvest this weekend. Love that they were clear with yellow handles and black lids!

I lingered too long and it was dark when we got home.
Not good driving in the dark and we swear that will never happen again and it still sneaks up on us.
I had my night driving glasses and tried my best to help Louis Dean. It takes both of us!


Summer had been house sitting and a great salad for us when we arrived - Caesar Chicken Pasta!
AND a pineapple fluffy salad for dessert!!

Wednesday morning Louis Dean tried on his bee suit that had arrived while we were at the ranch.
Thanks to my sweet neighbors who are so kind and thoughtful to watch our porch for packages while we are away and to water our flowers when they start to look sad.


I ordered him the XXL since you do not want a tight bee suit!
Plus he is so tall!
His suit is the same as mine - just bigger and newer!
I bought EXTRA LARGE gloves for him and they fit perfectly.
It's good they have yellow on them so we can tell at a glance which are his.


He looks happy!
In truth, he is not nearly as enthusiast about being with the bees as I am.
But I am 100% confident in our bee suits so he has nothing to worry about!


He put the truck in the shop on Wednesday and had them put in a new thermostat, replace some hoses and change the oil and such. Money well spent since it was triple digits and he just doesn't need to do everything even if he does know how and wants to do it!


For the most part, we have been chilling like our kitties.


Naps and a little TV watching.
We caught up with Madame Secretary. And watched a few MacGyvers.

I have washed all the canning jars and pared them up with rings and lids.


I'm pretty excited about the honey harvest!!

 

Last night I went to bed at 9:00 and spent hours reading and playing Words With Friends.
Thank you, Ginny, for playing with me!
And today I took a good long nap after reading a few chapters in this book.
I am loving it!


I finally finished the quilt for great grandson, Piercyn.


I added the overall pocket since it's kind of a TV watching quilt and he can use the zipper and button pockets for his treasures. This was Louis Dean's idea and he and Piercyn are so much alike - so I went with it!


SO glad to get this done!


Thanks to my friend, Linda Beth, for the jeans and overalls that went into this quilt.


All ready to box up and mail!
But I may hold on to them so I can give them to him in person.
Chandy is scheduled for August 2nd to be induced.
I started on the quilt for Baby Jax tonight!
Bella's birthday is in September and Kaitlyn's is in December and Chandy in January and Chris in February. I am making quilts for all their birthdays.

I must sew faster!!




20 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is the coolest quilt I have ever seen! Quite manly, yet a lady could use it as well. And the pocket can hold the remote and snacks! He will never have to leave the couch. OH, I love your fountain! Now it comes into a bird bath, right? I enjoy playing Words with you. You are better than me, so you challenge me!

Vee said...

That's some pressure for quilt making right there! ๐Ÿ˜

Perfect containers for bee business right there! ๐Ÿ

Louis Dean does look great in that beekeeper's suit right there! ๐Ÿงก
(Of course, he'd be a titch nervous, He's heard the stories.) I think he's going
to have a wonderful time. It has to be very interesting.

Happy days to you...

Susie said...

Linda, I think Ld might just love the bees once he gets going. His little pond area is really going to be nice. As long as it's not in the area that floods from some of those rains. I like that quilt with the bib front. The kittens are so cute and fun. Blessings, stay safe, xoxo, Love Susie

Tina said...

The kitties are so cute and well behaved! All of your meals look delicious to me! Small, light meals are the best in this hot summer weather! I think you are smart to leave the mint in a pot. I planted one in the yard a while back and it spread EVERYWHERE!! I would love to play Words With Friends if you need another opponent. I tried to get my son to play with me but he's so busy! Hope you and LD have a great weekend! Stay safe and cool!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That pond feature is going to make for a little oasis there in the heat. Perfect place to cool off a bit and I think the sound of running water like fountain is ver cooling and refreshing. Love that you will have herbs aroud it. Nice you have Summer and your neighbor watching out for things while you are gone. Makes coming home a delight. knowing all is safe and watched over. I never drive after dark anymore. Glad you have 2 sets of eyes to do the job. Keep cool and enjoy your cool house while you can.

MadSnapper said...

Love the quilts and cremation point and love LD and his new bee suit he looks quite handsome. I now wondering why you both have trouble driving in the dark do you both have cataracts or have you had them removed? I don't like driving in the dark but I don't have any trouble doing it.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

LD looks very handsome in his bee suit! He looks like he could do an advertisement for them! He's a model!!! Love the quilts. You do so much for others. Sweet hugs, Diane

Bluebird49 said...

Wos, I didn't know you went home. I knew the honey harvest is Saturday.Glad Louis got his suit and that he is game for doing this
The quilt is darling, and yes, you DO have a lot of sewing to do! ๐Ÿ˜Ž
Good luck with the honey harvest!

Linda said...

I would love that! Find me on Facebook and let’s play!!

photowannabe said...

I absolutely love the pictures of LD in his Bee get-up..adorable.
I'm glad he is going along with you, even if it's not his favorite thing.
You two make a fabulous couple.
The quilt is such a treasure. I know all the grands will love theirs.
Even on your take it easy days you sure manage to be "Busy as a Bee".
Linda
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog.
The Lord has been so Faithful and good to Dave and I.
We have been able to go on mission trips and do a lot of serving at church . I love that we do most of it together too.
It makes me sad to realize that our days of mission and humanitarian trips have come to a close..I truly miss each one of them...the latest being my yearly trips to Baja, Mexico and serving on the kitchen team for 1200 high school, college and adult people as they build homes and love on the beautiful people of Mexico.
MY...that was wordy
But I guess you get the feel for my bit of nostalgia and feeling a bit older this AM.
Sue

Debbie said...

i am not sure you could do anything faster, i am always exhausted after reading your posts!! you are always so busy, i do not know how you fit it all in!! ld looks so happy in his bee suit and the finished quilt and pillow are perfect for any guy!!

Sandi said...

I love your flower print dishes!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Linda. I love the quilt. I am thinking that I may start doing some quilting. I want to learn how. I like Words with Friends too! Maybe we can play sometime. I'm not that good though. I would be an easy win for you. I love Louis Dean's Bee Keeper suit. Such cute Kitty pictures! Hope you have a good weekend! See you again soon.

Chandy Johnson said...

You are just SO amazing! Piercyn is going to go GAGA over his quilt ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ. Its awesome! I cant get over Granddad in his suit lol. I love it!!! ๐Ÿ˜ Don't be overdoing it with your sewing. Hopefully someday I will learn how to quilt like you and Aunt Ruth Ann. ❤

Carole said...

Good luck with the honey harvest. Cheers

BeachGypsy said...

Linda, your quilts are works of art, I love em all! The denim one is just awesome and I know it will be treasured!! YOU are a treasure for always making these for people! Love Louis Dean's water pond.......gosh it's so darn HOT....I would probably just be GETTING IN IT and calling it a swim pool at this point, ha ha LOL! Are y'all gonna put those big goldfish in it? I read the Pioneer Woman book a few years ago. It was good, I liked it. I have a few of her cookbooks and I love them as much for the gorgeous pictures as for the recipes! LOL The kitties are adorable and seem so sweet and precious, always playing together. They will be happy together for life for sure. Well, y'all have a real nice weekend, stay cool! And stay safe and healthy!

BeachGypsy said...

PS...GOOD LUCK WITH HONEY HARVEST!!! Have fun!!!

Wanda said...

You are the poster child for the slogan "Busy Little Bee" God is blessing you with supernatural strength to accomplish all the wonderful things you do.

Love reading all about it, and the pictures of your every day life, including all the yummy food.

Blessings and hugs

Deanna Rabe said...

LD will be very helpful to you and Sherry lifting all the heavy things while your getting the honey. His garden is looking great! I’m glad your able to be at the ranch so much. How is Lillian? I miss seeing her here.

Keep as cool as you can and stay hydrated!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Looks like LD is all set for helping with the bees, although I must confess that I would also be a bit nervous as well. However, the right protection should ensure everyone's safety. Looks like you are expecting a great honey harvest this year and hope all goes as planned, Linda. The quilt looked great and that pocket and zipper were a quite the nice addition, kudos to LD for the suggestion. Also, my husband, patrick, thanks you for the birthday wishes. It was a very low-key celebration but we celebrated together and safely.