Sunday, June 14, 2020

Sunday With Summer

This has truly been a day of rest!
All three of us slept late this morning......Summer, Louis Dean and myself.
He was actually still asleep at 1:30 when Summer and I left to go to Chili's this afternoon!
He didn't sleep well in the night and has made up for it during the day.


It was so much fun to go out and eat!


Chili's is like a PARTY!
Everyone was smiling and so happy to be there - the diners and the employees alike.
And there were not many diners. I thought places would be busier than they are but we are all still being very cautious and I suppose we aren't all getting out at once.


The food was delicious!
I ordered the Margarita grilled chicken and it came with black beans.
I only ate a little of it so I'll get to enjoy it again tomorrow.


Summer could only eat half of her hamburger and she said it was GOOD!

She and her friend, Karen, had spent a few days at the beach down at Galveston and on to Surfside.
They are shell seekers and found some real beauties. She took Karen home on Thursday and when she called I invited her to spend the weekend with us. We had the best time!
Having Luann over on Friday just made it even better!


She enjoyed the kittens and didn't mind sharing the guest room with them.
At night we put them in their kennel where we keep their beds and that is working great!


She took this little video of Samantha and Tabitha playing.......

We brought Louis Dean a classic hamburger back and left him in the den eating it while we went to bed to take naps. It was a perfect Sunday afternoon! Good food and lots of visiting and resting.


Alas, all good things must come to an end and it was time for her to go back to Rowlett.
She will be going to the doctor in the morning about her hives. They have continued to spread to her arms, hands, forehead and more. 


Bye!!!!
With all the Covid thing going on, we don't get to see each other as often as we would like.


Before I close my journal entry tonight, I wanted to share this really cool pic of my son, Jesse.
After the party was over last night, everyone sent their photos in and Leigh Ann shared them in a group text this morning.

It's been a good Family weekend.
Louis Dean was asleep in the den when I woke up at 6:00 from my nap and didn't wake up until nearly 9:00! I tiptoed in there and programed the TV to record Grantchester and have been waiting for him to wake up so I can watch it!


In the mean time I sewed on the quilt I am making for great grandson Piercyn.
I watered the side gardens and got the coffee ready for in the morning.
I fed the kittens and played with them.
No real housework today and that's unusual for me.
No cooking since we ate out and have leftovers.
It's been a really good day and now Louis Dean is awake and I am going to go in and watch my program. Chances are - he will watch it with me.




14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Just your kind of day, and no housework OR cooking, hurrah!! But I think I would have been like Louis Dean, still in bed after 1 P.M. I'm glad to hear Chili's is open. Here, Ruby Tuesday finally had to close down permanently. Sounds like Summer has an allergy to something, keep us posted. I don't know much about Grantchester, but considered watching it the other day. We love PBS. I will heartily recommend PBS Last Tango In Halifax. It is about high school sweethearts who happened to meet in their 70's, and married. Partially true. It is REALLY good, on once a week and we are still watching it.

Bluebird49 said...

I've got Grantchester dvr'd, too! Just haven't gotten as into it as before, it seems.
You had a beautiful salad there at Chili's. I don't think we have that chain in Virginia.
It has been a long day, it seems, without much to show for it. I've got Vladimir Horowitz on youtube playing Chopin, and Ed is asleep in his recliner! 💕

Nancy Chan said...

Nice to have Summer over to spend the weekend with you. Great outing with Summer and the meals looks wonderful. Cute kitties. Hope the doctor will get Summer's hives under control. Have a beautiful new week and stay safe.

Carol said...

So much fun and plenty of rest, which you all three probably needed. I am thankful for the time you have had with Summer and I am glad she was able to visit again before she headed back to Rowlett.

Susie said...

Linda, So glad you had time with Summer. Hope she gets a good report today. She deserves a break. Ted and I went to daughter Karen's, visited with her , Jeff and granddaughter Savannah. We wore our masks and kept our distances. No hugs. That's the hard part. What fun little kittens. Blessings to all of you, stay safe. xoxo,love, Susie

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Your Sunday sounds wonderful. Hopefully you'll feel all rested and ready for whatever this new week sends your way. Hopefully they'll give Summer some meds for her hives and she soon be good as new. Hope you have a wonderful Monday. They seem to set the tone for the whole week.

Vee said...

It is wonderful to be able to say the things most deeply on our hearts as your family seems to do so well! Loved seeing the kittens play even if it looked rough sometimes. Ha! That's how they do it. That is a fun picture of Jesse in "the mists" of grilling.

A happy week to you folks.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What a lovely Sunday! Ours was lovely, too! We met as a church for the first time since all of this began. We had our annual outdoor service. We’re going to continue to meet outdoors, as long as the weather is good, into mid July. It was wonderful to be back with everyone in person!

Glad your weekend was filled with family fun. Hope Summer’s hives get resolved soon!

Changes in the wind said...

It is indeed a treat to go out to eat these days and am so impressed with the great care most restaurants are taking. Those kittens are so cute....

MadSnapper said...

I hope the doctor can quickly find out what's causing the hives. Prayers for a quick healing! Love the picture of your son hiding in the smoke. Glad you got to go out and eat out. I have not eaten in a Chili's since I retired 14 years ago but we used to go there for lunch once a week and there was so much food that we would take home half of it and then we started my friend and I started just ordering one and splitting it they would give us an extra plate

Arlene G said...

We had a big weekend as well Linda. Now to do laundry and catch up with housework here. I am trying that new blogger but I sent them a message saying that it would be helpful if they did a tutorial on You Tube so we can learn the new ends and outs. I hate change.:)

photowannabe said...

That's my kind of day too...no housework, fun and good food. Sunday rest is perfect.
I'm so glad you can see so many of your family and just enjoy life.
Hubby Dave and I have been to Chili's twice since they have opened for Dine-In service. The servers all wear masks and the dining is social distancing..ie about every other table...
I see you probably had the 3/$10 meal. What a bargain, appetizer, beverage and main course. Lots to eat for sure.
Thanks for the blessing at the end of your post.
My feelings exactly.
Sue

Wanda said...

Love the pictures of you and Summer with your margaritas. I had my first one this year Sunday. We have a little Mexican café that opened up to customers. The margarita was yummy! So was the Taco Salad.

Your kittens are so cute, and your busy hands accomplish so much.

Love and Hugs, and thanks for your daily prayers for us. God is answering big time.

Carole said...

So glad you are both staying well and rested. Cheers