Sunday, April 12, 2020

Celebrating Easter.....

I want to be real if I am nothing else so I have to say that this Easter Sunday did not start off well for me. Once again, I didn't sleep much - as so  many of us aren't these days.
As soon as I woke up, I got my phone and clicked on Fellowship Live and listened to the most beautiful piano music played outside at the Grapevine campus which is where we go to church...normally. But this is nowhere near a normal Easter Sunday.
I got my coffee and then listened to the Easter message from Ed Young. 
Still.....I was not in a good place with my emotions.
Louis Dean was in the den and had The Winning Walk ready to play.
That's Ed Young, Sr's TV program.....but I told him to go ahead and watch it without me.

We rocked on through the morning and into the afternoon.
I did my routine housework and finished the quilt for Markie......who is really MARK but will forever be 'Markie' to me. I listened to Andrea Bocelli live from Italy. I prepared to do some house painting and then I did just that.


Stephanie (our beloved next door neighbor and Mark's mom) sent me a text and was bringing a ham bone to me. They were in their backyard and I dearly love hearing them laughing and talking and just being 'family' together.


She also brought us Easter Dinner.....


as well as this beautiful meaty ham bone!
May I just say - I dearly love a good ham bone!!
There will be beans and cornbread at our house this week thanks to Stephanie!!

Chandy (Louis Dean's granddaughter who lives in Big Spring, Texas) started sending me photos around 3:00 and I could feel my spirit lift with every single pic and text.


They had an amazing Easter Sunday!
Husband Chris is a master griller and had that smoker smoking!


They continued their family traditions.
Cooking. Coloring Easter Eggs. Being Family.


They know how to do food!


And there's another ham bone!!
Thanks to Chandy and Kaitlyn for the photos.
Made us feel like we were part of the celebration!

Then I got photos and texts from Amber!


Would you just look at how those kids have grown????


What a beautiful family!
Amber posted these on a family message thread and Jesse and Leigh Ann posted this....


My oldest three grandchildren after their Easter Egg hunt.
Makes me smile that they continue the tradition.


And they sent this pic of their three dogs!!!


Louis Dean and I have been out in the gazebo this evening and it has turned sharply colder.
From 77 degrees to the 40's.

I have other news today from Dean and Sherry.
I talked to them this morning and they had a tornado tear through their property pulling up a tree down in the meadow and taking down a shed but their home and our camper was not damaged.
Sounds like the tornado zigzagged across their property and on to Mr. Jackson's place and then to Steve's next door to him doing some damage and then on to Tim's place.
I am so thankful no one was injured.
I have pictures to share of Dean's and photos of what Louis Dean and I did today.....
but they can wait until tomorrow.

Tonight I want to bask in the glow that families still celebrated Easter and I have been blessed to be a part of it all through their photos and texts.





12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

In the morning, we are to get these storms and tornado possibilities, the same storm will be going right through here. The quads look almost grown!! You have such wonderful neighbors.

Buttercup said...

Love seeing all of your pictures. I ate well today, but seeing your pictures made me want a second dinner. I'll be making barbecue chicken tomorrow, though no grilling, unfortunately. So glad that your camper came through the storm. Take good care!

Bluebird49 said...

Loved all the pictures! All the grandson are growing up!
It has been quite a different holiday for sure. I hope all the isolating will do what they hope, although there are some just flagrantly ignoring it! 😵

Vee said...

Oh those family photos are fabulous! No wonder that they brightened your day! Yes, it was odd yesterday here as well, not bad odd, just different. One of the pastors I listened to yesterday described fear as torment and torment as punishment. Gracious! No wonder it is so unpleasant. I must practice daily even though, as you said yesterday, He has ALWAYS been faithful to me. Love to you folks! (That was something about the tornado at the ranch! Good to have missed out on that experience.)

Deanna Rabe said...

Your neighbor is so sweet and I'm sure its because you have been such a good neighbor to them through the years! You build community with people.

I didn't sleep well either. I had sciatica and was in quite a bit of pain for a while. Did somethings to deal with it and it finally went away.

I'm glad you got to see all your beautiful kids and grands and granddogs! So thankful that Dean and Sherry's home and your trailer were undamaged! Tornadoes are so scary!

I pray that you'll be encouraged today, friend. People need love, and community at all times, but especially during very hard and scary times. You are good and sharing love and friendship. This is your time to shine!

Changes in the wind said...

You are not alone in the emotions deal. I guess it is normal for our abnormal circumstances. What a great neighbor to bring you dinner and that ham bone! Loved all the pictures and can see how it brightened your day.

MadSnapper said...

the first thing I thought when I got to the quad pic was WOW look how tall they are. I am an emotional basket case and getting worse by the day. I keep thinking how long will this last? 4 weeks on shut down and I feel like screaming. so glad you got all the photos and your day ended better than it began.. I have a hambone too, and black eye peas. the bone is in the freezer, we ate the ham a week ago. planning meals is a pain right now and eating right is even harder.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Easter was different, but like you said basking in the glow of families that still carry on with traditions and send lot of pictures do make it so much better. I was happy to see that every one is well. No small matter these days for sure. Glad the tornado didn't do any more damage than what it did, most importantly everyone is ok and your camper too. It'll still be there waiting for your return. Glad you day ended better than it started.

photowannabe said...

God knew what you needed.
Your family through photos and face-time...so precious.
I'm glad the day turned out better as it went along.
Easter just doesn't feel the same when I can't be in church physically and when I can't get my hugs from friends and family.
Here's to better days ahead.
Love you
Sue

The Feminine Energy said...

((((((((((((((Linda))))))))))))))))

A socially distanced hug from me to you today, my friend.

Lovingly and always, Andrea
XOXO

Carole said...

Loving that socially distanced hug! I might have to use that one. Stay safe. Cheers

Kathy said...

I was fine when this all be8, wanting to be safe. But as the days go by, I feel more and more down. I think it's normal to feel like that. Hopefully we are seeing a down swing and we will be able to enjoy our summer.

I can't believe how big the quads are. And your other grandchildren too.

God was so good to protect your camper and Dean's house.