Thursday, April 2, 2020

Tuesday Treasures and a Short Social Distance Visit.......

Yesterday afternoon we had visitors!


Mike had scored some toilet paper for us and Amber had picked up some fresh fruit and veggies along with a gallon of Ginger Peach tea from HTeaO.....which is delicious!


We maintained our social distancing as they played and snacked on the driveway after we went for a walk through the neighborhood. No other walkers but three bike riders were out.

It was wonderful to see Amber and the kids with my own eyeballs!
I missed being able to hug and kiss them but I was grateful for the visit.


They didn't stay long but we enjoyed every minute!


I love how Amber has made saying goodbye a tradition.


We had a really good dinner last night thanks to Stephanie and Mark, our next door neighbors.
She is a great cook and Mark is a master griller!
They sent over the brisket and I had the potato salad. I made coleslaw for myself and asparagus for Louis Dean. He loves the canned kind instead of the fresh.


Here are my Tuesday Treasures from Brenda!
Lots of Coldwater Creek garments and nearly everything fit me!
I have to hem a pair of two of jeans and I will be set.


She even sent some accessories!
It was a big Win! WIN!! for Tuesday Treasures!


We closed our Wednesday night out with a special cocktail I kind of made up.
It is Blackberry wine +  Chardonnay + Blackberry sparkling water + fresh blackberries + a sprig of mint. We took our drinks to the gazebo and sat out there for a nice visit to end our day.

I slept well last night as did Louis Dean......except he woke up early - as in 6:00 early - with some tightness in his chest. This always worries him....and me, too. Except he is up on his dotor visits and he's been taking his medicine.
I just made him an appointment yesterday with his cardiologist for the first week of June and the last week in May he has an appointment for an ECHO and a halter heart monitor.


I think his chest was hurting because he overworked in the garden a good bit yesterday.
We are going to have more tomatoes, cucumbers, onions and peppers than we will know what to do with!


He's grown these from seed in all the yogurt and cottage cheese containers he salvages from my kitchen trash. When I woke up he was already dressed and I found him asleep on the guest room bed and that's where he's spent a good part of this day. In addition to his aches and pains, working outside gave him an allergy induced asthma attack this afternoon - so he went back to bed again.

No new recipes yesterday or today although I have the page marked for a special popcorn.
TexMex with pepper sauce and chili powder! Maybe tomorrow. It would be good with a movie.


My dinner tonight was at a table for one.


The side deck and garden area is looking pretty.
I've been working on it a little every day.


Louis Dean rallied himself this evening and took out the trash.
Then he asked if I would like a campfire.
He knows how much I am missing the ranch so he hauled an old tin washtub over and built a fire in it using a good bit of the elm bark off the tree to get it started.
It was perfect. I roasted a couple of marshmallows and sat over on the bench by the fire just gazing into the flames for awhile. Wonderful.

I am sitting in the gazebo writing this journal entry and it has just started to rain.
I love the rain. Always have.
But we have a tank on the truck that we want to get down to Dean and Sherry and every time we think we can get in to deliver it - and maybe stay for a few days - it rains again.
It's only a two hour drive and we wouldn't have to stop on the way down or on the way back.


One of these days.......
and I'm not picky about which one!




16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a great visit with the Quads! Your garden looks so pretty! Keep us updated on Louis dean, & I hope you can get to the ranch soon.

Bluebird49 said...

Yep-Oneday will be a good day!
So glad you got to see Amber and those sweet kiddos. I know it helped all of you!
That salad looked so good.
You really mopped up from No-Shop Tuesday Treasures, huh.
Sorry about Lewis's allergies, mine are driving me nuts, too!
Have a great Stay at Home weekend!

Chatty Crone said...

Glad you got to see Amber the kids - properly. lol
Hope Louis Dean is okay.
That meal for one looked delish.
Stay well.
sandie

Beyda'nın Kitaplığı said...

Sosyal mesafe korunarak bizde anne ve babamızı ziyarete gittik. Çok şükür.

Vee said...

We are not allowed to be on the roads unless we are going to the grocery store or pharmacy. Essential people must have letters proving who they are. Who would ever have thought such a thing could happen? Crazy times.

Love visiting here to find out how you folks are filling your days. You are always filling them well! Wonderful to see Amber, Harrison, Logan, Trystan, and Kailey. Balm for the spirit.

What a haul from Brenda!

Your yard and gardens are looking lush and beautiful. Hope that Louis Dean paces himself with those gardening projects.

I know that you love the ranch and look forward to the time you can be there again, yet the choice you made to stay put was really wise in light of current events.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

How wonderful to have a driveway visit with your family! It does the heart good to see our loved ones. We have stuck to virtual visits for now...on he computer. No one wants to take a chance.I do miss the hugs a lot. Your friend Brenda really loaded you up with some treasures there. And you didn't have to go anywhere. What a sweet friend. Hope Louis Dean is ok and only needs to take it easy. Gardening is hard work and your place looks wonderful. I don't do anything but plant flower boxes any more. It got to be too much for me.

Donna said...

Great visit with your family, even if you didn't get to love on them. I will add Louis Dean to my prayer list (you too!). My oldest daughter and her family live in McKinney and are adhering to the stay at home rule, and working from home. My youngest daughter lives down the road from us and her employer provided paperwork in case she gets stopped. Crazy times, unprecedented in this country and I am praying folks smarten up and follow the rules.

Changes in the wind said...

So nice you have your daughter close and brings the kids and things you need. It would be so hard not to hug!!!! Glad you are staying busy and staying home...be safe.

Arlene G said...

Linda, thank you for your regular posts during this time. They are so encouraging. Love to you and LD.

MadSnapper said...

a special visit from the quads
a special drink
a special fire in the back yard
and really special Dinner at table for one with Patterson. YAY

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I’m delighted you got to see the kids in person!

What a wonderful haul from your friend! That’s so great that she thought of you!

I hope Louis Dean is feeling better. Your salad looked great, and your garden is so pretty! What a lovely spot for dinner.

One day we’ll all be out and about again!

photowannabe said...

What could be better??
Nothing...
Delightful visit from the quads
Scrumtious dinner from friends
A delightful time with marshmellows and fire
A LD who loves you dearly.
Tell him to not work so hard...
Take care
and I love the quote at the end..after a while I sure don't know what day it is either. HaHa
Sue

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How nice to have a visit from those sweet ones! Take care of yourself....both of you! Sweet hugs, Diane

Carole said...

Glad Amber's looking out for you guys. Stay safe

BeachGypsy said...

Loved seeing all the happy pictures, girlfriend!! My favorite (besides the sweet kids of course) is the one of the washtub fire.....I love to sit outside and watch a fire, so that one looks so inviting. All the flowers and seeds and garden areas are looking GREAT!! Can you believe it's the weekend already? Hope y'all have a lovely one. Stay strong, stay healthy, take care of yourselves. Hugs my sweet friend!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Nice that you had a social distancing get together with family, Linda, but sad it has to be this way for quite awhile. You do have such good neighbors and the meal looked so good. WOW on all those great clothes and accessories too. Hope Louis Dean will be feeling better as yard work can really tire you out as I remember...but now we don't have a yard. Yours looks lovely with all the plantings.