Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Update on Summer and Louis Dean......Tuesday.

I am so happy to tell everyone that Summer enjoyed the first practically pain free day she has had in three years! It.was.wonderful. She called me earlier this evening to tell me all about her day and I could tell a huge difference in the sound of her voice. She had more clarity of thought than she has had in quite some time. Her words were clear and she was like the Summer we all knew - three years ago. No telling how long this is going to last but she was simply thrilled about feeling better!
She is planning on coming over here on Thursday and I am so looking forward to seeing her face and eyes.....without the shadow of pain on them.

Next I have an update on Louis Dean.....I took him to the doctor this afternoon.


He didn't really want to go but he was just afraid enough not to.


We really thought he might have a bladder infection but that didn't seem to be the matter.
The doctor ordered blood work and he will see the results tomorrow and call us.
Louis Dean had been in bed until it was time to go to the doctor and when we got home - he went straight back to bed! He's been pretty much in bed ever since Friday.
Perhaps he got a dose of heat exhaustion. All Wednesday and Thursday of last week he worked outside. Yes, he would come in and cool off. He would spray his head with the water hose. But he was still outside in 100+ heat. For days he's been saying he feels like he's got the flu. And he gets chilled.
He's lost his appetite and food doesn't seem to interest him - which was a huge red flag to me!

It's more than likely a combination of things. The heat. Exhaustion. Maybe he got a bit dehydrated.

He got up for a couple of hours tonight and watched some news and ate some chicken and dumplings.
He's back in bed again but I'm not quite as worried about him as I was.
We were planning on going back down to the ranch this weekend to do Critter Chores but I sent word we might not get to come. Even if he feels better tomorrow - he has to load stuff in the truck and I think it's just too hot for him to even try that right now.
I'm thinking we might get to go on Monday so we can go to the Bee Meeting and honey tasting on Tuesday. Quick trip down and back.

I can't believe I only took two pictures today and those were to send family to reassure them.

I have kept myself busy cleaning, doing laundry, decorating and I baked some Cream Cheese Swirl Brownies to take to the nursing home tomorrow.
I had planned to be gone all day but that's changed.
Lillian and I are going to meet my sister, Luann, at MiMi's Cafe for lunch and then I will take Lillian to Walmart for a bit of shopping. Then I'm coming right back home to keep my eyes on Louis Dean.
Thank you for each and every prayer prayed for my daughter and my husband.
My heart is much lighter tonight as I close this journal entry than it was last night.

Never underestimate the power of prayer......

22 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

So glad Summer had a good day. Louis Dean may indeed have heat exhaustion! It'll be good to hear about the blood work, and I'm glad he went to the doctor!
Hug Lillian for me!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Huurrah, prayers were answered!! Summer must be elated! I have also been praying for Louis Dean, and am waiting to hear the results.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Yesterday was a worrisome day for LD and Summer. Prayers that the positives today will continue on for both of them.
Love and hugs.
Joy.

BeachGypsy said...

It sounds an awful lot like heat exhaustion, but I am no doctor!---keep us posted please! So glad Summer is feeling so much better!!---see, it it works, then those shots are WORTH GETTING!!!! No way of knowing until you try I always say. Make Louis Dean continue to rest and let us know how they are both doing okay?

Susie said...

Linda, I have been praying for LD and you. For LD to stay in bed that long, something has to be awry. So glad he went to the dr. even if you were prodding him. Good news about Summer. I too pray that last a long time and that she gets more relief from the procedure this week. When the heat is high always be safe. Take care of yourself also. Blessings to all, xoxo, love, Susie

Arlene G said...

I am glad Summer is doing better and glad you persuaded LD to go to the doctor. I think you may be right about the heat exhaustion. It is a real thing. We have to be very careful of not getting overheated especially as we get older. I had a friend who got a trip to the hospital due to heat exhaustion and her electrolytes were out of whack. Her doctor told her that water was not enough. She hates Gatorade but he told her of some tablets you can get at the health food store. Hope the doctor has some answers for you!!

Vee said...

Yes, prayer changes things. Reminds us that we are not in charge and lets us know just Who is.

So glad for this news from Summer. What a gift of a day and I am praying for many more just like it. It is a challenge to have a child be chronically ill as you know so very well. How good that you take it to The Lord.

Well that Louis Dean is looking mighty handsome, if a bit tired yet. Hope that he gets a clean bill of health and just needed some rest after all that heat and work. I am glad that you are adjusting schedules. Praying for him to get righted around and feeling better, but not so he can do it all over again. We know him now!

Love to all, prayers for healing, strength, and to be encouraged. God’s got this!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad Summer is feeling so great and glad :Louis Dean went to the doctors. Better to get checked out for sure. Th heat can get us down and he did spend a lot of time outside working in it. Not a good thing for any of us. Will be waiting to hear how he is.

Diana Ferguson said...

Prayers for Louis Dean!!

MadSnapper said...

so glad he went to the doctor. praying for good results and for him to be back to normal soon.. I told you bob had the same symptons and the not wanting to eat was my sign he was really ill. he always said if I stop eating call the funeral home. I am beyond happy for Summers day free from pain and pray it will continue on and on.... hugs

Debby said...

Great news for Summer. Hoping LD feels better soon.

Changes in the wind said...

Such good news for Summer but sure not like LD to stay in bed. Glad you took him to the Dr.

Tina said...

So sorry Louis Dean is feeling poorly! Maybe he has a bit of a bug too in addition to working too hard out in the heat! I just try to stay in the cool inside between 10-3 and get my work done outside in the morning or the late afternoon/evening. It's just too hot for me in the middle of the day in the summer anymore! Glad Summer had a day free of pain -- that is such a gift for her after all of her suffering! Prayers that it will continue and that LD will be back to himself soon! Don't forget to take good care of yourself in all of this too!

Teresa P said...

So happy that the injections have worked for Summer and she is pain free! My stepfather had chronic pain like this and injections helped him. Hope LD will soon feel better. Please everyone take the heat seriously as even young people can have severe heat exhaustion and its nothing to be taken lightly. Glad you made him go to the doctor to get checked out. He needs to take it easy for a while and not over-do it.

Chatty Crone said...

I am so sorry about Louis Dean - I hope it is not his heart. Do let us and and in the meantime pray without ceasing. sandie

photowannabe said...

Thank you so much for the updates...
PTL for the good news on Summer. It sounds like the new shots are doing some good.
Continued prayers for her.
Yay, I'm so glad you took LD to the Dr. I like how you phrased it that he was too scared to not go.
Heat and dehydration can really do a number on ones health.
Praying the blood test will help in perking him up again.
Glad you have put off the trip to the Ranch for a few days.
Home can be the best medicine.
Prayers for you too as you keep all of your ducks in a row...
Please take care of yourself too!!
Love you
Sue

Jan said...

So happy to hear about Summer! Hope you get some answers for Louis Dean and that he starts feeling better. You are so good to take care of everyone-just be sure to take care of yourself too!

Carol said...

Thankful to hear that Summer is feeling much better and I hope that they can figure out what is going on with that man of yours. Maybe his body is just telling him to slow down a bit. I hope you get to the ranch as I know that you love to go.

Debbie said...

i am so happy to hear that summer is pain free, it's like a miracle!! i hope ld is ok, good thing he saw a doctor and had bloodworm done, that will be helpful!!

it sounds like a good day, the brownies sound awesome!!

Carole said...

Yee ha for Summer. Now LD will recover too! Cheers

Blondie's Journal said...

I'm glad to catch up with you but I'm sorry to hear about Summer and LD. He looks like he has lost weight. I hope his blood work turns out good. I do know the heat can have a lasting effect. Keep us posted, my friend.

Jane xxxx

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I've been catching up on blog reading after we were away for our anniversary road trip and was sorry to read about both Louis Dean and Summer. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of you, Linda.