Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Summer Time.......

We have really enjoyed our time with Summer the last few days.


Louis Dean has been helping her with a custom van conversion and it has been a fascinating project.
Right up his alley - thinking creatively and definitely outside the box!


I went to church Sunday and came home to find them putting their heads together figuring things out.


I fixed lunch and then we took naps - or at least I did and I think Summer did, too.
It was hot Sunday and the best time to work outside is mornings and late afternoons and in the evening. Once I got up from my nap, I pitched in to help and then we all came in to eat a dinner of cold tuna salad since we were all so hot. Since night time is actually nice once the temps have fallen back to a more bearable number - we worked some more and then came in and took showers and cleaned up.


We closed out the night with Patron Margaritas.
Perfection!

That was our Sunday.

We had planned on going to the ranch this Monday morning, but - in all honesty - Summer was more important to both of us and we tweaked our plans.

She was up early and out working on her van when I woke up.
Louis Dean was up some in the night so he slept in.
I suggested we have a mother/daughter day and allow Louis Dean time to wake up.

Our first stop was Lovely Nails on Beltline Road right here in Irving.
They are the NICEST people and treat everyone like they are family.


It's always like a party there!
People laugh and talk to each other across from their chairs
Summer's phone was nearly dead and the lady next to her had a power pack and invited Summer to plug hers in to recharge.
Now Summer has NO reflexes in her knees or feet.
She hasn't since she was 16 years old and suffered numerous injuries in a short amount of time....
falling out of a car, falling off a horse and more.......


but she is very ticklish in her feet!!!


So much so that she had the whole shop full of staff and customers all laughing along with her!

Once our pedicures were done we went right next door to K Hair.


Yulisa did a repair cut to one Summer had just paid big bucks for and that was so NOT working for her. I hate it when that happens.....which it never does for me because I have Yulisa!


She fixed Summer right up and did her usual magic on me!


We had a great day!

We shopped for certain things and Summer made some returns and then we chilled at Chili's with a great lunch and took home enough for another set of meals. We both love Chili's and our server was amazing. Since we ordered a bottomless soup and salad with chips and sauce - we asked to make our soups to go - and ended up with the entire meal times two. I told our waitress we already had our salads and she said since they were bottomless - she packed some up for us.
Needless to say - she got a really good tip! AND our thanks and appreciation.

We got home and Summer was worn out and had to go to bed for awhile but she woke up feeling pretty good.


I stayed up and tweaked the sewing room.


I emptied yet another tub and finished up the sewing room.
All I have left is the guest room.
No fall decorations in the master bedroom or my bathroom.
Or his music room which is never touched by me in any way. It.is.all.his. 
And nobody wants to see that!!! Trust me!

Then it was all three of us out there on the driveway getting the lead out on this project!
Time and daylight had run out.
Tonight was the last time the sun will set after 8:00 this year.
It was also - hopefully - our last 100+ day this year.
Today was 102 degrees. For the second time this month.


So it's been another late night but we had a happy finish to the van project!
It is done and Summer was crying with happiness and I just wish I could have caught the moment when she flung her arms around Louis Dean in gratitude. They make a good team.


I close with Summer's post on Facebook today......
Especially if “Iron has entered her soul!” 

That's always a good thing when 'iron has entered your soul.'


18 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

So good to hear how the van project is going. She'll be so cozy in it! It's wonderful when families enjoy both working and playing together.
I love both the hair cuts!

jackie said...

How is Summer's pain? Is she still feeling good? Sure hope she is. You both look terrific!

What is she doing to her van?



Arlene G said...

So glad you and Summer had a good day together. What was her van conversion? I am nosy!!lol

Vee said...

Now I’m wondering what the amended plans will be...a quick run down to the ranch today for tonight’s meeting maybe or maybe not. ☺️
Praying that Summer is still feeling good. I can’t tell since she’s always smiling. That last photo of her and Louis Dean...one can see the weariness in both of them, but with that heat! Good heavens, you folks need a break down there in Texas. I will have to watch the clock to see about sunset, I think it’s been before 8 already in the Northern Hemisphere, Eastern Standard Time. You gals look lovely!

MadSnapper said...

I hope you took photos of the van finished. I want to see it. for years I had a blog friend who lived in a van and traveled from place to place. if I can find her blog will send to you, it has lots of good ideas Summer could use.
I enjyed your girls morning out, and your hairdresser is soooo good

Debby said...

I’m glad she is feeling a little better. What did they do to the van? Stay safe in that heat. ❤️

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I so agree, It's important to be flexible and tweak those plans when it comes to family. So glad you had your time together. With that kind of heat it's no wonder you wait to evening to get outside. Glad the job got done to Summers satisfaction. What a happy girl she must be. Hope you have a more relaixing morning. happy Monday!

Susie said...

Linda, The last picture of LD and Summer, I thought she looked sad...well it was because you said she cried from seeing what all LD did to her van for her. So sweet. It was good you two could have a girls day . She needs those fun times. Glad it will cool down soon. We have a beautiful weekend, then two days of rain to start our week. Blessings to all of you, be safe, stay cool. xoxo,love you, Susie

Deanna Rabe said...

What an awesome time together! Louis Dean is a wonder! Reminds me of my Tim! We've got good men!

Thankful too, for Summer's relief from pain!

Changes in the wind said...

There is nothing more special than family pulling together. Nice you and Summer could have some fun time together and not all work:)

Chatty Crone said...

You both looked great and you had a good time together. Those are the days to remember. Your lunch looked delicious. Sandie

Ginny Hartzler said...

My favorite picture is you and Summer looking in the mirror. What a wonderful Mother/Daughter day!! You just KNOW how to make any and everyone have FUN. I hate it when the sun starts setting later, as I lOVE the light!!

Art and Sand said...

Your nail salon sounds fun. Mine is not quite that fun, but people talk all the time. I've been going to my "girl" for over 30 years.

Have a great day and say cool.

photowannabe said...

Summer and Summer...what could be better???
I'm so glad you could have some special time together.
Loved the giggles and her new "do".
Can't wait to see the van update.
Now you can enjoy your time at the ranch.
Going to be over 100F here again today...I'm so ready for Fall.

Carole said...

Summer time ... and the living is easy.... Lovely post. Cheers

Saimi said...

Summer time is the best!! Man you girls sure had a great day and Summer's giggle was just too cute as was yours. You both walked out with lovely new hair do's and I'm sure your toes looked all freshened up with new polish. Glad you took the time to grab some lunch Chili's is a great place and it's always a treat when you have good service. I know I've said this before but Louis Dean and my dad have so much in common, always have to have a project to do. I love it! So glad you were able to have some mother daughter time!!

Saimi said...

Oh and I gotta say, I LOVE that sign it's perfect!!

Haddock said...

Doing things with your own hands is so fulfilling (van conversion)