Saturday, June 11, 2016

Celebrating LIFE With Siblings and Cousins!!!

At long last I was able to set my eyes on my sisters and brother of whom I have been so concerned about!! Ever since Lonnie turned 60 years old, we have been meeting every season for a CELEBRATION of LIFE - together!!! NOW is all we have so we need to celebrate being together while we ARE together!!!


We all four have worked through a bunch of challenges lately!
It was wonderful beyond words to be together again and simply rejoice in BEING together!
I freely admit to being so concerned for the health of Deanie and Lonnie! I am STILL concerned but greatly relieved to have spent some quality time with them today!


Deanie has that rolling footstool of Nita's down to an art!!!


She ROLLED over to the end of the room and picked Anthony up and ROLLED back over to visit with first one and then another!!!


Lots of food and fellowship going on here!


If we don't PLAN it - it will NEVER happen!!!
We decided we all wanted to visit with each other every now and then and not wait for a wedding or a funeral!



Lonnie is telling us about his recent hospital experience!!
We laugh......NOW!


Lonnie went into the hospital HUNGRY and he stayed hungry the entire week he was there since he kept having to have surgery!!


We now know what Lonnie considers a 'Good Wife' to be!!!
She doesn't let him go out in public without underwear!!!
Unless, of course, he's in the HOSPITAL!!!!


Gay is one of EVERYONE'S very favorite people!!!!


Anthony and Joyce, along with Mother are our oldest relatives and therefore, our most TREASURED and precious ones!!! Anthony is the patriarch of our family who has made annual family reunions where we gather each October at a Texas State Park a yearly tradition. We enjoyed slowly getting to know our cousins and their families so much we decided to add them to the seasonal sibling gatherings! Win! WIN!!!


Charlie and Mike are ROCK STARS!!!
We have such good men in our lives.....now!


The food was amazing!!
Everyone contributed but the stars of the show were Nita and Deanie!!! And GAY! SHE brought the cake!!! (Not pictured!????)


This is Lonnie and Michele's sweet granddaughter sitting in a dinosaur track!


After several hours together, it was time to say good bye!


SWEET, sweet little girl!!!

We left and headed straight for Hobby Lobby to get a doll head for one that accidentally broke this week when Trystan was loving on it! They didn't have one but we may just buy another doll at a thrift store and use the head.....??? That may work! Louis Dean is determined to fix it for her! 


THIS was on display and I have to say it is all sorts of WRONG!!!!!
While FALL is my all time favorite season....I do NOT expect to see it on June 11th!!!!
I'll try not to shop until August when I would EXPECT to see this display and get so excited!!

From there we went over to Deanie's to visit with Mother!


I asked her if she would like to come home with us and spend the rest of the weekend and she JUMPED at the invitation!!


We scooped her up and headed off in the blink of an eye!
Deanie may take notice that I took a pic of her in her pajamas!


Never mind, Sister!!!  I went straight home and put MINE on!!!


Then Mother and I went out to the gazebo where I had freshly sprayed Yard Guard and zipped up all the mosquito netting!


See? PJ's!!!



Pizza......


and wine! A perfect Saturday night menu!


Louis Dean loved it!


We ended our night in the gazebo with music!


Paper Rosie is one of Louis Dean's favorite and a perfect final song!!

Tomorrow will come EARLY for me! I will be up at 4:00 AM putting a big roast on to cook!
We have a very special celebration at church in the morning and a BIG Sunday Dinner over in Quadville!! LIFE is just FULL of all sorts of celebrations!!

12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh, what a beautiful, glorious, and joyful happy family you are! And you are right! You cannot say...we will get together soon. It has to be planned or it will never happen. So happy your brother is home. The food looks amazing, but more important is the family and fun! And at the end of the day, beautiful music with L.D., what could be better?

Kathy said...

I'm so glad your foot was well enough for you to go join your family. It looks like a lot of fun. So many laughs to be had.

Linda said...

Lonnie looks good. I'm surprised they aren't wanting him to get some weight off and eat a low fat diet. Your mom seems to be enjoying herself. LD loves to sing and she loves to listen. Win, Win. I'm with you, I don't want to look at fall decorations right now either. Boo on that store. Will be looking for a report on your day tomorrow.

Bluebird49 said...

I never visit your blog without "hearing" your love of The Lord, of your family, and for life. I check each night to see if you have a new post up because... well, I think coming here makes me feel a tiny bit kin to you!
What I mean is: who wouldn't want to be a part of your wonderful, loving family!
I am glad you share it with us. :)

MadSnapper said...

you certainly know how to have fun with family, all that laughing is so good for the soul... the videos made me laugh and i was not even there... laughter is contagious.

Susie said...

Linda, All you girls are blessed with wonderful husbands and a charming brother. I think your mom may have a favorite in LD.:):):) He just wins her over singing to her. You are so right about enjoying life now. I am keeping all of you in my prayers today. Love you, xoxo, Susie

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Linda, you had an amazing time together with your great family, starting from your mom that looks wonderful and so does LD. That lil'girl is so cute, I wish your quads would have been there to play with her.
Laughing and fun with people you love keeps you healthy and thus live longer.
Have a super week my friend.
FABBY

Nancy Chan said...

You are right. I like the idea of meeting up as often as possible and not wait for weddings or funerals. To appreciate each meeting and celebrate each day as a special day being together.

Cheapchick said...

So glad you are out there living life, so many don't and you truly cherish each moment of it :)

Arlene G said...

So glad you got to set your mind at rest Linda. And I agree, if you do not plan special times they will never happen!!

shortybear said...

sweet post dear

ellen b. said...

We were just talking about planning fun get togethers since it seemed the only time we saw old friends was at funerals these days. You have shared a ton of fun in this post and it's good to see!