Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Tuesday Treasures......and my first experience with acupuncture!

It was a Tuesday but not our usual one in some ways.
Today I made my first visit to a chiropractor in a LONG time....


and my very FIRST time to have acupuncture!


It was a wonderful experience!
Dr. T - as he is called - is a dedicated doctor as well as a Christ Follower.
He attends Fellowship Church and I recognized the band playing uplifting Christian music in the offices. There were several small water fountain features as well as soft lighting and even a humidifier. It was the most relaxing atmosphere I have ever seen in a doctor's office.

His name is Dr. Tetsuya Hasegawa! You can see why everyone calls him Dr. T!
He put needles in my head, hands and my TOES!!
I had two really BAD headaches last week! 
My toes ALWAYS hurt due to Degenerative Joint Disease.
I am  happy to say that as I sit here writing in our gazebo tonight - my toes do NOT ache!
Dr. T's office is in Rockwall - a good 45 minute drive from Irving.

Sweet Ruth Ann volunteered to go with me!
From there we had lunch at Black Eyed Pea - I love their vegetable plate!


Next up was a thrift store. Since we are cutting back on how much we do - if we can only do ONE thrift store - then the Salvation Army on Inwood Road in Dallas was our choice today.
We made a HAUL!!
Or I should say I did!!!
Ruth Ann bought ONE thing but I filled up two baskets!


 Ruth Ann passed by this little Garden Angel and said she winked at her, smiled and said, "I'm going home with Linda!" And so she did!! I LOVE her!!! $5.99 less 29%! Not 25% but 29%!!!


I also found another girlfriend who will live in the top of the closet until September 1st when she will come down to play on the front porch! Again - $5.99 less 29%!


A fall garland.....


and other 'debris!'
The L.L. Bean coffee cup was only $0.59 - less 29%!


More Easter Eggs!!!
I moved these to the planter under the den windows so they won't blow way.

Louis Dean and I managed to sit in the camper with a small glass of wine and survey the work we are about to do in there. We are both longing to be back down at his son's ranch!
We are going to have to make that a priority if it is going to happen.
And it WILL happen!!! I can't tell you how wonderful it is to wake up in the country and know all you have to do that day is drink coffee, read, walk, visit, eat, just do whatever you WANT to do! AND end the day with a good meal, good visiting, and  a good glass of wine sitting outside under the stars! Those STARS!!! You can actually SEE them at the ranch! There is so MUCH to do and enjoy down there!! Can you tell I am itching to BE there!!!

Time to shift gears and get ready for art class!


Summer came from work and then Sabrina and Rayne arrived. 


'Mummers' brought a craft for Rayne to do!


Rayne enjoyed the very same tiny tea set that Katy played with on Saturday!
I think I will leave it out for the quads tomorrow.


We are continuing to work on another Boot Painting.
These are the embellishments Sabrina bought for hers.


Ruth Ann made a lot of progress tonight!


As did Sabrina!!


This was mine when class ended.


Then I continued to paint for another hour or so.
Three more sessions and this painting will be DONE!!!

I think that will be IT for boots for awhile.
I do plan to take my art when we get the camper ready to go down to the ranch.
I hope to get a lot of personal painting done there!
The only way we get better in our art is to stretch ourselves to do things slightly beyond our capabilities.

This Tuesday is done. Louis Dean has been patiently waiting for me to finish so we can enjoy a few minutes together before bed.

Facebook

I close with this poster I saw on Facebook.

Good advice!!!





13 comments:

Kathy said...

I love your Tuesdays. I'm glad you got relief in your feet. I know what it is to have bad feet. I am hurting badly these days with all the rain we are getting. Rayne is so cute. I love her "OK!"

Can't wait to see you get back to the country and take it easy.

Penny said...

I am looking forward to taking this road trip with you to LD son's ranch. How exciting! Glad to hear you have had some relief from the acupuncture session Linda. Sending live across the sea to you X

Deb said...

Another wonderful Tuesday! I love the boots!!!!

Susie said...

Linda, Glad the dr. did you some good. Now at the end of the day, something(toes) that usually hurt were not hurting, that says something for the dr. Cute garden angel. Your boot paintings are really looking good. You are also having fun. Rayne's little project was cute too. Blessings to all, xoxo,Susie

MadSnapper said...

that last quote is so YOU... you always take the time for family moments and capture them perfectly... the boots are all looking fine from here... that is good news about the doc visit.

Beth said...

Acupuncture is great!!! I have had success with it for knee pain 5 years ago...it left and has never come back. I think it is good for stress relief and general health too. Glad you are feeling better.

Changes in the wind said...

Never experienced acupuncture but glad it helped you:)

Vee said...

The mere thought of acupuncture gives me the willies, but I believe what you are telling me and I am glad that you feel better.

What has to be done to your home away from home? A lot of work or a few tweaks? Is it the roof? John has a suggestion for the roof, I think.

The boots photos are shaping up...I like the embellishments. Was there ever a gal who did not love a tea set? =D

Ginny Hartzler said...

ALL of your paintings look SO good! What WILL you be painting next, have you chosen something? I love your sweet little girl scarecrow. And Ruth Ann's angel, so pretty. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the huge eggs outside! Will you have an Easter Egg Hunt? Will you fill these?

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Linda, you and Louis Dean live your lives for others. That is precious to see. Sharing your home, your hearts, your art with people. So good! I know they are blessed by it and I know you both are too! That's the way it works!

I hope you are able to get your camper fixed up and able to enjoy some time down at the ranch.

Deanna

Judy said...

So true...the poster you shared! Love your paintings!

Have fun anticipating your time on the ranch...

Unknown said...

Congratulations for having such a productive Tuesday, Linda! It’s really an exciting feeling to experience acupuncture for the first time, and I’m glad that you really enjoyed your sessions with Dr. T’s good service. Well, I’m hoping for your lifetime recovery. Have a great day!

Hannah Holland @ Berkeley Community Acupuncture and Massage Therapy

Shanell Custer said...

I love to hear about the lives of other people, who live far away from me, and I'm glad you enjoyed your shopping trip so much. I'm also a huge fan of thrift stores; more people should go to them. Sorry about your headache's, although I know your Chiropractor will help you out with that.

Shanell Custer @ Sage Health and Wellness