Friday, September 13, 2013

Lunch With Levi and Playing Dress Up With my Sisters!

Today has been so much fun! I am way past TIRED but it was such a good day!!


Any day you can play DRESS UP is a GOOD day!


It's EXTRA fun when you play dress up with your sisters!

We gathered this afternoon to help with the set up and preparations for my niece's wedding tomorrow.


First, Deanie started twirling in Leah's petticoat!


Then I found an exquisite piece of beaded fabric.....
and one thing led to another!
We had so much fun! It was the first time the three of us have been together - cutting up and playing  - in over 6 years! Even when you live close - with the responsibilities of life being what they are - you don't get to PLAY much anymore!


Since we were there to HELP we got down to business!
My sweet Leah gifted me with this GORGEOUS tea pot!
I'll be certain to use it next month when I have an Autumn Tea Party!


Deanie looks like a kid again here! Who KNEW she was CRAFTY???


Look at her dimples!


We were hoping for some bling earrings!


A little too big for our ears but perfect for hanging in the tree!
Deanie did GOOD!


Mother tucked her feet up under her and just listened and watched the activity!
I can tell her 'mother's heart' was happy at seeing so many of us gathered around celebrating LIFE!


The groom's parents had Fuzzy Tacos catered in for the rehearsal dinner.
It was FUN like a PARTY!!!


The canopies and chairs were all in place and
tables lined up on either side of the yard.


The weather for tomorrow looks promising! Low 90's and low humidity.
A perfect day for a wedding!


I left the house Wednesday morning when I went to Quadville.
 I left Quadville this morning to go to Fort Worth.
Tonight I returned home to a house as fragrant as any bakery!
Louis Dean had been making dinner rolls for the wedding dinner - 96 perfectly uniformed and weighing exactly 2.25 oz each before baking.
He cooked brisket all day yesterday so along with a pound of butter we will be loading up and heading back to Fort Worth in the morning. Those homemade rolls MUST have real BUTTER  to spread on them!
Before I close to join Louis Dean in a glass of wine and one of those yummy rolls along with a slice of cheese.......


I must show off my little Levi!
He is a first grader and today was Grandparents Day at his school.
We had lunch together in the cafeteria and shopped the Book Fair afterwards.


I will treasure the card he gave us forever!
"My grandparents cook peach cobbler. They make me feel speshel when they hug me."

It's been a long week and I am ready to turn out the lights!
THIS party is now over - but there will be ANOTHER one tomorrow!!



12 comments:

Cheapchick said...

Have a wonderful time at the wedding. I am off bread now for 3 months (lost 8 pounds) but I would break that for one of those home baked buns - I am so jealous that your hubby is a baker!

Bernice said...

What a fun day, and what a beautiful wedding, the colors are beautiful. Best Wishes to your niece and her soon to be hubby, I hope their marriage is filled with as much love and happiness as you and Louis Dean enjoy!
Your grandson is sooo cute, I love Grandparents Day. Will have two attend this year:)
Thanks for sharing:)

Lynne said...

WOW! Linda! This was one busy and laughter filled Friday! I know that wedding is going to be a blast of love and joy! Party on, my friend! I'm sipping a kick "bottom" bottle of Cabernet with Mr D. We are BEAT after this past work week. Here's a toast to you as you sleep soundly before another wonderful Texas day and night!
w/L

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

A week to treasure.
Joy

Vee said...

You packed a lot of fun into your day! And I know that this day will be full, too. Have a great time! LD outdid himself!

MadSnapper said...

i enjoyed your dress up with your sisters, i have no sisters and that is not fun... i know your mom loved seeing you all play together again

Kathy said...

I was thinking the same thing as Sandra. It must have made your mom's heart happy seeing you gals fooling around and laughing together. Have fun at the wedding today. Tell LD he can cook for me any time.

Isn't Levi so cute! I love his note to you.

Pondside said...

What a weekend you'll have. I love that LD is the baker for the wedding. I imagine that I can smell those rolls and I get hungry!

Susie said...

Linda, Levi is "speshel" and so are his grandparents. We are having g.parents day next week. You and your sister look so happy together. I bet your mom was happy too.:):) Blessings to all of you and the new bride and groom. xoxo,Susie

Jackie See said...

Have a great time Linda, thank you for sharing! We have been blessed with great weather here in the Ozarks, hope your Texas weather is the same! Have a wonderful day!

bj said...

YAY....so happy you had such a fun time with your sisters and mama. I so envy you having sisters. I always wanted one....but I was blessed with a cousin my age and we were just LIKE sisters. I don't get to see her too often, tho.
Have a good Sunday

Nonnie said...

What a wonderful weekend! Everything about this post is "speshel" as your grandson says.