Friday, September 6, 2013

Card Carrying Members in the PORCH SITTING UNION OF AMERICA!

We are 'Bono Fide' members!


Got our cards in the mail today!!
That makes it official!

You have not HEARD of this union??? GASP!
It is an Official LINK!


The president is Leo Brown and the secretary/treasurer is Victoria Brown.
You can find them on Facebook as well as their blog.
Louis Dean believes SITTING is an ART and should be practiced as often as possible.
(HE is very good at it!)

In other news today......


Friday Lunch with Mother at Luby's.


She said it had been 'long time' since she had eaten there.


Louis Dean has had a hankering to go to a cafeteria for weeks now.
I think it was a good choice.
I had the 'Luann' plate - which is one of my sisters' name!
Her pastor told her he always remembered HER name because he always got the Luann Plate at Luby's!

After lunch I showed Mother all the pictures from September (so far) and the videos I've taken of the quads.
She LOVES to be able to watch them as they grow!

When we drove back I dropped Louis Dean off at the house and went on to an appointment with my dermatologist. He removed a harmless but growing mole behind my ear. Louis Dean had kind of wanted to go with me but I thought he would enjoy being in his room listening to music instead of sitting in a waiting room waiting for me. My appointment was at 3:00 - I arrived early as a new patient at 2:30. I was HOME with the procedure DONE before 4:00! As I came in I noticed Louis Dean was not in the house but his truck was in the driveway so I assumed he had gone out in the back to work. I spent several minutes making yet another medical appointment and fixing a glass of tea and was about to play Scrabble and Words With Friends on Facebook when my phone rang. It was Louis Dean. He asked me where I was and I told him in the den. I asked where HE was and he said, "I'm at your doctor's office." He had WALKED up there thinking I may have needed him to drive me home! It's not ALL that far but it was HOT! It took him 'about' 37 minutes he said. I, of course, drove BACK up there to pick him up! He really touched my heart when he said, "Don't ever stop needing me, Linda." As if I could!


So tonight Louis Dean sang a song to me......
it was really romantic in spite of his stern expression in the only pic that turned out NOT to be blurry!

The song was ....


Look at Us by Foster and Allen....


I finally used up all my fall decorations today - or DEBRIS as Louis Dean calls it - in the sewing room!!


Lucy is now sporting her FALL collar which our friend Dawn gifted her a few years ago!


Lucy is a funny dog!


I close this journal entry with a pic I used as my Facebook cover this evening.

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend!
Louis Dean and I are taking our wine out to the porch - or in our case - the driveway - and putting in some serious SITTING time!!!









19 comments:

Bernice said...

You have a great weekend also!
We are heading out of town to our first Tailgate/Football game of the season tomorrow, kickoff is around 2, and it is suppose to be in the upper 90's!! It is not football weather that is for sure:)
LD is the greatest!! Love Lucy's new attire my pup won't allow us to put anything on him.
Take Care:)

Kathy said...

What a sweet song for LD to sing to you. You two make such a special couple.

Glad to hear all your fall decorating is done. Now you can sit back and enjoy it.

Jutta said...

Linda, what an awesome husband you have! The song that LD played and sang to you brought tears to my eyes. A perfect way to tell how wonderful time you have together and how much he loves you. Priceless!
I wish you two a great weekend!

MadSnapper said...

such a sweet story of the walk to drive you home, made me feel good. i love the song and am listening as i type. your new blog look is beautiful

Nonnie said...

I've said it before and will say it again: LD and my DH have so much in common! (DH sings, but doesn't play guitar.)
How thoughtful of him to walk all that way in the heat. A loving companion in this life is one of the greatest gifts.
We need to apply for the sitters' cards.
Would that be a chicken fried steak (or chicken fried chicken)?

Vee said...

Awwww...that man is a sweetheart! Give him some extra hugs and kisses!

Gosh, I wonder if we should set up our chairs in the garage and watch the world go by?! It sounds so relaxing.

Vee said...

You know what I just realized? Granny Clampett is younger than I am! Accckkkk....

Pondside said...

Just keep practicing that porch sitting - perhaps you could even go on the road giving courses on how to do it properly!
I love that song :)

Susie said...

Linda, You are blessed...LD loves you. That was a touching story about him walking to the office for you. The song is special. I like your new header photo too. You are surrounded by love. xoxox,Susie

Cheapchick said...

You make me laugh Linda, Cheers!

Sweet Tea said...

How sweet of LD to WALK to check on you, and how sweet the song is. He's definitely a Romantic!
Great photos!!

Linda said...

Linda, your husband is a wonderful man! Lovely photos here, looks like you and your dear mother enjoyed yet another lovely lunch together. I love your Autumn image...well, I love Autumn! :)

peggy said...

Sweet song. I always enjoy hearing stories about yours and L.Ds love life. Mom is pretty too. Your blog is looking so good.

Carla said...

What a sweet heart. I think by george he's a keeper.
But crazy for walking in that heat. LOL

Unknown said...

I was wondering if you have any idea what has happened to the Porch Sitting Union of America. I noticed I hadn't been getting in posts from them on Facebook and went looking and it's like they have disappeared???

Unknown said...

Brenda I was thinking the same thing. I loved the posts.

Linda said...

MAY 08TH, 2014
05/08/201418 Comments

I visited their blog and this is what I found....

Our Facebook Page will be down for several more weeks...we are taking some private time without any distractions. Thankyou for all the cards and emails for "well wishes" for Leo. We greatly appreciate all the thoughts and prayers. Thanks again.

nature gram said...

this is July 11 2014, I haven't seen any posts from Porch sitters union of America for at least a month. What is going on with Leo?

Anonymous said...

Found this post because God directed me here. Was happy to see you live where my late husband and I lived a couple of times on Rochelle and Pleasant Run. Those were very happy years.