Sunday, September 15, 2013

Birds of a Feather!

The wedding of my niece, Leah, to Patrick yesterday will long be a day to remember!


Leah is one of THE most interesting people I have EVER known.
Her wedding reflected that.
I love a wedding - especially one as unique as the bride and groom!
They are truly 'Birds of a Feather.'
Exquisite!


Leah chose pinwheels in lieu of flowers.....


Deanie outdid herself on hanging tulle and bells......


and other beautiful fabrics.


The beautiful bride in white and blue.
Remember how much fun we had with her petticoat Friday afternoon?


An outdoor wedding in Texas in September.
The weather could have been anything!
This day was in the low 90's with low humidity.
Still hot but not oppressively so.


Smiles all around.



The beautiful Mother of the bride and her handsome husband!

The reception dinner was a Pot Luck with several guests bringing their favorite dish.
This resulted in a HUGE feast with all kinds of delicious foods.
Whoever brought those yummy chocolate spoons with the creamy filling - we would love to have that recipe!


There were so many cars parked along the street the drivers were letting people off before finding a place to park a block or more away! This is Raynie doing her 'Runway Walk!'


We were all gathered curbside waiting for the quads to arrive.


Amber and Mike left their house early allowing the babies to nap in the car on their way over.
Love those little pink shoes!


Logan liked to explore but wanted the security of knowing Granddad is right there!


I love this picture!


The babies loved walking on that lush St. Augustine grass!


Everyone was happy to see the quads AND their parents! 


This was their first grown up social occasion to attend.
I have to say it was a lot of work for Amber and Mike to bring them but we really appreciated it!


My sister relaxing after the ceremony on what she called 'The Margarita Couch!'
Robin is on the left and Judy on the right of Nita.
Good friends celebrating together is a wonderful thing!


I LOVE this picture!
Waving the newlyweds off!
They are now enjoying their honeymoon on an Alaskan cruise!



We lingered in the front yard taking more pictures.
Nita is wearing an award winning designer dress.
I think it is vintage and I know she bought it on a trip to Arizona.
Just beautiful!
MINE is a $10 bargain from an estate sale Nita and I went to one Friday.
Louis Dean said I look like a little DOILY! 


What a great looking couple!


I seldom get to see my brother!



My sister, Deanie, and her husband, Charlie, and Andie.
Andie is a natural born dancer!


She and Deanie entertained us with some impromptu performances!



Deanie wore what she calls her 'Car Wash' skirt.
I tell you what! She knows how to have fun!


It was a great way to end the day.

Best wishes to Leah and Patrick!
We all loved being a part of your wedding day!









7 comments:

Pondside said...

A family wedding is such a joyous occasion, and it sure looks like your family celebrates in style!

bj said...

Oh my goodness...what a fun and beautiful wedding. So glad the weather was nice and everyone had such a good time.
The babies are growing so fast, I can't even believe it. They are all so precious.

Susie said...

Linda, Your family is beautiful and lots of fun. Who would not want to join all of you? Blessings to the bride and groom and the family. xoxo,Susie

Vee said...

A beautiful family! There is nothing much more fun than watching folks have a great time! From Texas to Alaska...that should be quite a temperature change...all best wishes to the newlyweds!

Debbie said...

linda....i must be honest here, not a big fan of weddings. i LOVE being married but there is a big difference. weddings are so expensive and i find most to be very impersonal. this is a wedding i think i would have enjoyed, fun and low key!!

what a beautiful family and a gorgeous bride!!

Kelly said...

Looks like y'all had a nice day. Weddings are often like a family reunion. Great photo opportunities everywhere! My niece just got engaged and will be getting married outdoors next August. It will be HOT! I loved your dress. I thought it was beautiful.

Angie said...

What a beautiful day. I love the Peacock touches. The bride looked beautiful and so did you and all your family. I'm glad it was such a special occasion for you all :)

Oh and just so you know, I made my blog public again. Everyone was having so much trouble with it being private that I decided to just open it back up public!