Friday, May 1, 2020

Chili's Take Out on Thursday and Back to the Ranch on Friday!

I keep wagging my book around with me and am determined to finish it!
I have enjoyed all of John Grisham's books but this one took a good while to draw me in.


Thursday was such a gorgeous day that I fixed myself a fancy drink and settled down to read for a bit out on the kitchen patio. My drink was sparkling white grape water, both halves of a freshly squeezed lime and a good sized sprig of mint!! Served in a jumbo glass - it was a refreshing drink!
Normally I drink ice tea but I wanted something with a little sparkle and zip to it!

Louis Dean was still so tired that he spent the better part of the day in bed.
I did a lot of sewing and watched another good movie......


And then I started on the Bramwell series.


It helps pass the time when I am sewing to have a movie or a program on.


I did a tiny bit of yard work - as in I pulled up a couple of weeds!
I really need to get out here and pull all the mint,honeysuckle, and lantana away from the roses.
There's a fine line between the look of an English garden - which I love! and a green jungle of hodge podge - which is what I tend to have.


However, instead of working outside, I came in and baked a cake!
A Pistachio pound cake with a glaze of sugar, butter and white wine.
I wanted to have a dessert to go with the Chili's take out that Amber was bringing us!


It was the first restaurnat food I have eaten since March 10th when Lillian and I ate at Jason's Deli!
It's been even longer for Louis Dean!
Amber got him a big cheeseburger and he ate every bite.
This was pretty much the only meal he had Thursday!


I had the best chicken with rice and steamed broccoli......


I don't know what kind of sandwich this is but it was beautiful!
Amber could only eat half so Louis Dean finished it off for her the next day!


AND I had a margarita!!!! 
Who knew they would be serving alcohol to go??
In Texas?? It came in parts. Two small bottles, a container of salt, another with a lime wedge and a cup with the margarita mix in it. Amber put it all together for me and it was really good!!!

It was a late night for me since I stayed up sewing but I still woke up early this morning all excited about getting back down here to the ranch.
Louis Dean wasn't sure he even felt like going. He took his medicine. I checked his blood pressure.
Slightly high. He used his asthma inhaler since he was short of breath - and that's what scared me! I took his temperature - normal. He had a cup of coffee and sat for awhile. 
After a bit he rallied around and got dressed and said he thought he would be okay to go if I would drive. So I did.

He wanted to stop at a Home Depot on our way out of town but I suggested we wait and go to the one in Bellmead. There have been 3,240 cases of Covid 19 reported in Dallas county. 


In McClennan county there have been 87 cases!


I think it was safer to buy what he needed here!
They are limiting how many people can be in the store and directing flow of traffic to maintain that 6 feet of distance.


I love this bend in the road!
Sometimes we bypass Mart and come in to the ranch the back way.


We are here!
There wasn't much to unload this time!

Louis Dean walked around the perimeter of his garden-to-be and that wore him out!


We sat on the deck and enjoyed the golden hour - which is actually an hour and a half!
From 6:30 to 8:00 the birds are singing and the air is soft and you can feel the evening slip down around your shoulders.



Dean and Sherry brought us up some firewood - compliments of that tornado that came through on Easter Sunday morning!

We ate a simple supper of ham, mac and cheese, salad and a slice of brioche bread.


I took this photo right before we went in to eat.
It's good to be back in the country and I hope Louis Dean feels more like his old self tomorrow!



18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your sky picture is gorgeous. What you say about between 6:30 & 8:00 is worded so beautifully, it is like a poem!

Bluebird49 said...

That sky was beautiful!
I do hope Louis Dean wakes up feeling better. I hope he didn't overdo it that day he asked Dean to come finish the fenceposts. I worried about that.😨
I loved all your pictures and news of what you are up to. I know you will be glad when you can visit Lillian again. The nursing home up the road has become a hotbed of Covid-19 cases. 😟
Glad to hear you got to see Amber. I don't get to see my son too much right now, but he calls everyday. We always find a lot to discuss..I am so thankful for him!!!my
Enjoy the Ranch. (Haha---as if you won't!) 😍

Kathy said...

I hope Louis Dean is feeling more like himself soon. He tends to forget his age, doesn't he? I'm glad Dean and Sherry are there to help him out. Things opened up more quickly there than here, although it is starting to open up a little. We still have a lot of cases though. I would love to have a treat of fast food. Enjoy your time at the ranch.

Carol said...

Linda, I am thankful that you are back in the country. I also hope that Louis Dean is feeling better today. I am glad you thought of going to a different Home Depot. Our county has only had 15 confirmed cases but we are rural and the county just north of us, which we live almost on the county line, has had many cases and are still reporting new cases daily.

Lokeish Umak said...

I cook cake first time in this Pademic and learned to be independent

Sandi said...

That drink looks refreshing!

And that thick cheeseburger and fries...😳Hard to make them like that at home, but I still don't feel comfortable with take out.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The sky photo is gorgeous! I sure hope L.D. feels better today! Give him hugs from all of us! Take care!

Luann said...

Bramwell is an excellent series. What a nice dinner, your daughters are very good to you. I am looking forward to eating out again myself. The photo's are so peaceful. Glad you can spend time at the ranch during this crazy period of all of our lives. See you soon.

Changes in the wind said...

I don't know how I missed you coming back from the ranch but somehow I did. How special of Amber to bring you take out. Glad LD perked up and you are back at the ranch, that seems to be a healing place for you all.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I do hope Louis Dean is feeling better soon, not like himself to be so tired out. Hopefully the country air will revive him some. Nice you had that take out dinner. I've only had my own cooking since my birthday back in March. I love a squirt of lime in anything I drink because it's so refreshing. But I'm partial to margaritas too.I didn't know that had take our beverages like that. Nice surprise for sure. Enjoy your ranch time and take it easy !

Arlene G said...

You tell LD that the nurse says to take it easy and pace himself. We cannot have him wearing himself out!! He is part of a dynamic duo.:) So glad you are back at your happy place. Marvin got home yesterday and he says the girls seem to be settling in. He met another bee keeper who has bees on the farm across the road. He told Marvin his only advice on bees is to remember they are unpredictable.lol

photowannabe said...

I'm so glad you are back at your Happy Place.
The Ranch is such a healing place for you two.
Praying LD will continue to perk up and feel better.
Sometimes our bodies have to yell at us to slow down a little.
Love your descriptive words about the evening wrapping it's self around your shoulders.
Such a perfect picture.
Our daughter in law dropped off some masks she had made for us. So thoughtful and much appreciated.
Take care and enjoy your yummy sparkling drinks.
Sue

Vee said...

Wow! Already back to the ranch. 😁 Hope that you both take days to just lie low, relax, and enjoy the view.

LC said...

Prayers for LD and you. Your cake and all the take-out treats had me drooling. Hope the ready- to-plant garden doesn't entice LD to overdo. Stay safe.

Carole said...

I was exhausted and discombobulated for the first month of lockdown but am gradually improving - it helps that NZ is getting on top of things. cheers and stay safe

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Praying for Louis Dean. Hope he’s feeling much better and has his energy back.

Enjoy your time at the ranch.

Wanda said...

Beautiful photos. I see you have to be spaced at your stores too. When I went to Trader Joes, every 6' they had a strip of tape with a joke on it. One was "Why are spiders so smart? Because they surf the web"..HaHa It helped the 45 minute wait to get in the store.

The ranch is so beautiful. Hope Louis Dean is feeling better after his long nap.


Carla said...

Dang hate that LD isn't feeling himself. Glad he got to feeling better so you could go to the ranch. So far they haven't limited the numbers in Home Depot or Lowe's in Bryan/College Station. I just hope this soft opening of the state doesn't backfire but it needs to happen. That sunset picture is beautiful

Relax out on the ranch and stay safe.