Monday, June 26, 2017

Happy Anniversary to US! 12 Wonderful Years!

Today is our 12th wedding anniversary!
The following is from a post from 2010 - the first year of keeping an online diary known as Linda's Life Journal.



"I joined eHarmony on January 1st, 2005. My mother helped me do the 4 hour profile procedure which was pretty in depth! eHarmony matches you with someone compatible in LIKES and DISLIKES as well as character, interests, education, spiritual qualities and a host of others. I married at such a young age that I had never 'dated' before and was not at all sure what I was getting into. After recently ending a 41 year old marriage I had no real intention of getting serious about anyone but I did think it would be nice to go to dinner and movies and have a bit of a social life. I was matched with a banker, a minister, several truck drivers, a couple of postal workers, several business men.....and then on April 16, 2005 a retired school teacher! He, too, had been married 41 years .......happy years! Sadly, he had lost his wife in 2000. When we matched Louis Dean had clicked on 'Fast Track'....meaning skip right to the chase and exchange emails. I was talking to my mother on the phone when I received his message through eHarmony. My mother said, "Click YES!" So I did....and the rest is history!
Our first date was at the Fort Worth Zoo.....he was the tall, dark and handsome man standing on his 6'1" tip toes looking out over the parking lot for ME! He had prepared a picnic lunch for us which we ate on the tailgate of his truck......2 kinds of chicken, potato salad, baked beans and homemade rolls. We walked and talked and spent the entire day and into the evening together. I was so comfortable with him from the very beginning! I had become very wary of men in general and barely even allowed myself to  be hugged by my own brother and dear brother in law. You know how when you first meet someone there is a bit of hesitancy and self conscientiousness? I felt none of this......I was as comfortable with him as if I had known him my entire life! He held my hand and we had a word of prayer in his truck before he left for his home in Brownwood. (169 miles from my front door to his!) I believe our match was a God-thing. We are perfect for each other. After a very short time I was as surprised as anyone to find myself married to the nicest man I have ever met in my life! I thank God for Louis Dean every day!
We have been through a lot in these few years but never have we had harsh words with each other or stress between us. The stress has come from outside pressures....supporting a granddaughter which required him to go back to work for awhile, me losing my job, surgery for me, a heart attack for him, sadness over some of his family deciding not to share our life as well as the usual ups and downs of life in general. Through it all we have supported and comforted each other as well as laughed and had more fun than we thought possible. We are truly better together than we would be apart! Life is always an adventure! Life itself is a blessing! To spend the rest of our lives together as soul mates.....well, that is PRICELESS!"

I did another post about our eHarmony experience in 2012 if you would like to read it http://lindaslifejournal-artlady1948.blogspot.com/2012/06/seven-amazing-years-thank-you-e-harmony.html

For the first several years we were married we would go to Galveston and celebrate and most years we have dinner at a Saltgrass Steakhouse as that was where we went on our wedding night.


We are as happy today as we were when we married....... even more so.
God has richly blessed us and we are grateful for every day we have together and look forward to as many anniversaries as God sees fit to give us.


Now for Country News......


Grandson Robert went home this afternoon. 
We will miss him. He was such a big help to his granddad!
The next time he visits, the new room will be a done deal and he can bring an air mattress and sleep more comfortably out there than cramped up in the top boy bunk.


Sherry and Dean brought dinner down tonight.
Dean is a real foodie and loves to cook.
It was delicious!
After dinner they left to go into Mart and on their way back they stopped to pick a flower for me!


This is the biggest, heaviest sunflower I have ever seen!!


I just LOVE it!!!


Even the back is beautiful!
Instead of setting it out on the table in the new room.......


I put it right smack dab in front of the kitchen sink!
I smile every time I glance over there!



23 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

That last quote describes you and Louis Dean to me! Bloom with Grace!

I sincerely hope that those family members who chose not to be a part of your lives have changed their minds over the years. I've always thought how special it is that LD's dear wife's sister and you have become such wonderful friends.

You are blessed and I am so happy for you!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Happy anniversary! I just loved reading your story!! YES! I believe you two were meant to be together, and God had it planned from the start! That is why you weren't hesitant around Louis Dean!! Your wedding pictures are wonderful and beautiful! And the huge sunflower is AWESOME!!I have never seen one like it! I wish there was some way you could save it.

Linda said...

I'm so glad these last years are making you so happy. I believe you're keeping Louis Dean younger than his age. Win, win, good for both of you. Looking forward to seeing your building project finished. Want to see Louis Dean able to sit and enjoy the fruits of his work.

Jan said...

Happy Anniversary!

Carol W. said...

Happy Anniversary! You two are truly a match made in Heaven! I love reading your posts ... it's like you live next door. God bless you all!

Susie said...

Happy Anniversary to two of my favorite people. I enjoyed your love story. God does work things out for us. Linda , I think you and LD left the wedding and went right to work and haven't stopped since. LOL Funny you call Dean a foodie, You and LD like cooking too.:):) I pray you and LD will shares many,many more years together. Bless you both, love you guys. xoxo, Susie

Vee said...

🕊A Happy and Blessed Anniversary to one of my favorite couples! I have always loved your story. 🥂



Estelle's said...

Happy, happy Anniversary to you both. There is no doubt that you each bring love and happiness to each other and have created a beautiful life...many more years to come.

Arlene G said...

Happy Anniversary Linda. I do believe God brought the two of you together. I enjoyed reading your post...I think I had read it before but it is so sweet and uplifting, I was glad to revisit it. Hugs to you and LD.

MadSnapper said...

wildly clapping and standing ovation. what a wonderful story. yay e harmony and of course God... happy anniversary and I wish you many many more. I loved the picture in my mind of the two of you, he tall, you short eating lunch on the tailgate. love you both

Changes in the wind said...

This was a great post and Happy anniversary! That indeed is a HUGE sunflower....

Cheryl said...

Happy anniversary, you two love birds!! What a gift it is to find the right someone to walk the paths of life alongside you.

Enjoy your time in the country! (What a sunflower! Wow!)

Mrs.T said...

Happy Anniversary to you both, Linda! What a wonderful story ... a love story that only God could write. Loved reading it and went back to your 7th anniversary post as well. And what a wonderful first date that was ... oh my. Blessing upon blessing.

And that is one amazing sunflower, too. My first thought was that it will feed a lot of birds!

Cheapchick said...

Happy Anniversary! You two make a great couple

Gypsy Heart said...

Looks like that guy from eHarmony knows what he's doing! :) A belated Happy Anniversary to you ~ and wishes for many more.

xo
Pat

Hootin Anni said...

Oh Linda....this has to be THE BEST EVER post you've published! I'm serious!!! Your words..."I was talking to my mother on the phone when I received his message through eHarmony. My mother said, "Click YES!" So I did....and the rest is history!" sends goose flesh up my spine. What a wonderful courtship, honest and trustworthy to the end....from the beginning. You two were matched by heaven's gracious arm....and hope you both have many many more years of happiness. Sad about some family members, but in my opinion, it's THEIR LOSS!!!

Nonnie said...

I absolutely love your love story with LD! A beautiful life you have together and how rich. You two have packed a lot of life into those twelve years. Happy Anniversary and here's wishing you all the very best for the rest of your days! God bless! Two of our very good friends were also matched up by eHarmony about 15 years ago and they too have been happy ever since.

BeachGypsy said...

Happy happy anniversary y'all!! I loved seeing the pretty wedding pictures! And i love reading peoples love stories-- dont you? MERCY THAT SUNFLOWER is from another planet!! They are cheery-- just like you!!

Carol said...

Happy Anniversary! I love sunflowers and that one is beautiful. I am so thankful that you and Louis Dean found one another.

Pam said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Louis Dean....what a great storybook, fairytale, dream come true, so happy for the two of you, so deserving of each other. Thanks for sharing, I enjoy reading of your adventures and life in general. A friend in East Texas, Pam

Debbie said...

happy anniversary to both of you...what a sweet, happy couple you are - meant to be together!!

beautiful images and quote...i know you love sunflowers!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Happy Anniversary and God bless you both! I'm so glad you've shared your story with all of us. It's something we can give thanks for. We love you both...oh and that big sunflower! Hugs, Diane

HOney said...

Beautiful pictures, Happy Anniversary to you both. Hope you have a wonderful day!! =)