Friday, June 23, 2017

Tea Time, the Makings of a Bathroom and Snapshots From Puerto Rico!

This morning (Thursday) Grandson Robert and I went to town to buy a shower!
I say morning - but since I slept until after 9:30 and GR slept on until nearly noon - we made a late arrival. Louis Dean had been up and working since 8:30! By the time I carried my coffee out to the 'new room' - he had already put up the frames for two of the bathroom walls. Alas, he forgot about the window that was to go in one of them but that can be fixed later.

Robert and I headed to Waco - actually Belmead - to the Home Depot.
While Robert loaded up the lumber Louis Dean needed, I went to the bath department and bought a shower big enough and sturdy enough for my 6 foot husband who is working hard and eating less and losing weight, He still needed a bigger shower than the tiny, inexpensive one I had originally picked out.


Next we went to Collin Street Bakery for a much needed tea break.
We are having a special dinner tomorrow night for Sherry!
She has been commuting for the last few years from Irving but at long last, she will be working from home now and we are all so very excited! I wanted a special dessert and Apple Pie is her favorite.
Tennessee Apple Pie from Collin Street Bakery! Perfect!!

From there we shopped HEB for our Friday Night Celebration!


Shrimp Boil Foil Packs!
Looks yummy!!
We are looking forward to this meal!

Home to unload the shower!


Grandson Robert is a big help and we are so happy he is here!


Can you see how the plan???
We can!
Nothing is hooked up yet - but it will be soon!!

I visited with my Summer Dee this evening and she shared some pictures from paradise with me so I thought I would share them with you.....


Yesterday I thought a brown recluse and an exotic wasp was amazing!
I can't wait to visit Puerto Rico and see all this for myself!


Flowers are everywhere!


Please think of my Summer in prayer.....


She's still dealing with several things right now - including her health.
God is good and God is faithful and Summer is a woman of great faith.




9 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I surely will pray for Summer! Does she have anyone she knows there? I hope she finds a support group and a church. Her pictures are amazing and beautiful. The bathroom is shaping up to be so nice, and bigger than ours! I think Louis Dean is getting plenty of beautiful mouth watering food!

Vee said...

Added my prayers to yours for Summer...she is certainly living in a little bit of paradise.

Fun to see the bathroom set up with no walls... 🙂

Enjoy your amazing Friday evening supper and congrats to Sherry for the changes in work location.

Kathy said...

Praying for Summer. I know what back pain is. I liked seeing your open air bathroom. LD is a wonder! So glad he has Robert there helping him. So glad Sherry is finally finished with that long commute. I know she will enjoy working from home.

Susie said...

Linda, I will pray for Summer and for you, as I know you worry for your family. Even in paradise there's creepy crawlies. Exotic colors and shapes but still creepy. LD is a man on a mission...he's getting that room built. LOL I am thankful your strong grandson is helping. Hooray for Sherry, I bet she will love less time on the road. Blessings to all of you, love, xoxo,Susie

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Praying for Summer. Pain is difficult to deal with especially in an ongoing situation.

Your bathroom is going to be great! LD is so amazing!

That's so exciting for Sherry to be able to work from home! I'm sure she and Dean are both happy to not have her commuting anymore!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

Oh what fun to have your grandson helping you! Looks like a nice shower. Prayers for Summer....I saw your blog at Ginny

MadSnapper said...

I thought Summer was visiting there, this sounds like she moved there. sorry she is still dealing with health issues, and I am thinking it will not be long before you visit her.. the new bathroom is much bigger than mine.. good job boys

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I will pray for Summer Linda. Hope she is more relieved by the time you receive my note.
Your bathroom for tall hubby looks like it's gonna turn out great.
Thank you so much for your sweet complement, maybe is because I was so happy to visit sweet daughter all the way across the pond.
Please keep us update on Summer.
Hugs,
FABBY

Arlene G said...

Have fun celebrating Sherry!! That bathroom is going to be amazing. Prayers for Summer...health issues are always worrisome.