Thursday, September 22, 2016

Fall IS Coming......

It may now officially be FALL but it still feels like summer here in North Texas!


Indeed! 95 degrees!!! 


Our 10 day forecast from my favorite weather person, Colleen Coyle, shows that cooler weather IS coming! I want to get up in the middle of the night next Tuesday just to FEEL that 61 degrees! I will wrap a blanket around my shoulders and sip a cup of hot coffee and sigh......I am yearning for cooler temps and open doors and sweaters and being chilly and see the leaves falling.
But none of that happened today.

Louis Dean took himself off to do errands around noon and I decided to go back up to the little resale shop I visited yesterday.


I bought this skirt which will totally make me look like I'm wearing a doily but I don't even care.
I love lace and loose clothes.


I went up there for this top - which is UNDER the sweater. I like the way it is angled with the sides tapering in points. As an act of anticipation, I hung this up to encourage my heart that it will be cool enough to wear it - someday and hopefully soon.


I painted Tuesday night and then last night and Ruth Ann came over to paint with me this afternoon.
She's finishing up a Santa from last year before we start our new one in another week or two.


I based in another sunflower painting......


actually, I based in three canvases!
Two sunflower ones and the truck painting.
Once they are based in and dry, then I will bring them into focus with more definition and colors.
Right now they don't look too promising,,,,,but they will!

I made two pans of cornbread for Louis Dean this evening. We made a deal. If he promised not to crumble the cornbread into his glass and get crumbs all over the place but instead take it to the sink and crumble away - I would make him the TWO batches he requested.
He's a man of his word!


All the plants were in dire need of a good watering so that was my chore this evening and it took a couple of hours. I would set the hose to spray in the back and then go out front and set the hose up and then go back and forth. Louis Dean was really busy watching football but at halftime he came out and helped me finish up.


I blew out the gazebo and both decks, wiped things down and watered everything pretty good.


Fall is a messy season outside with all the leaves and pecans and twigs falling but I do love it so!


It's been a productive day and I am happy with all I got done.
Now I am so tired all I want to do is get a hot shower and go to bed!




18 comments:

Kathy said...

You have had a very productive day. No wonder you are tired.

Ginny Hartzler said...

A lovely day, with you NOT in bed! We are still hot here too. But a cold front is coming Sunday (cold being 70!) Your first quote gave me a laugh. I see Spiderman was visiting. I think you will look very good in this top. It is so YOU.

Ginny Hartzler said...

P.S. I bet your bulletin boards were colorful and awesome! Phil teaches S.S. too. But he teaches adults, so no bulletin board for him. For quite awhile I had my own bulletin board in the church fellowship hall. I put cute seasonal things on it. It was to only have thanks and uplifting things posted on it. Then one day someone had posted a mean political rant on it. I took it down after that.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

The temperature will cool down eventually!

Summer said...

Hope you start getting some weather that looks like fall soon ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

Estelle's said...

I just had to laugh and getting up at night just to feel the cooler night air! I am right there with you! It does promise to appear.....festive decor everywhere at The Chapmans! Enjoy your weekend!

Latane Barton said...

It will get cooler and perhaps you'll get some rain. We are blessed to have seasons, but some people get the hot weather longer than others. I don't like HOT.

peggy said...

I had to laugh about the cornbread. I love it hot with buttermilk. What does LD like?

Cheryl said...

"Fall is coming." I am counting on that! Hey, I might join you for your middle-of-the-night coffee! I love that idea!! :)

Linda said...

Our daughter is complaining bitterly about the heat in Texas. She's coming for a visit middle of the weeks, and temps should be in the 60s while she's here. She's going to think she died and went to heaven! I can picture you dressed as a doily. We all have our own look. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished painting of Dean's truck.

Susie said...

Linda, I loved seeing all the pictures you posted. You are a wonderful artist. I love the paintings...especially the old truck. We are about 10 degrees higher than normal...so I am ready for normal...what is that anyways? LOL If I had an enclosed porch I would probably get up in the night just to enjoy it. I used to see and look out my windows in town if I could not sleep. Smelling the night air and listening to crickets and night sounds. I love a man of his word, don't you. LOL. Was LD putting the cornbread in milk? Blessings for a fabulous weekend, xoxo, love you guys, Susie

Gypsy Heart said...

Love the sunflowers and the truck ~ can't wait to see more. Call me when you go out and drink coffee and enjoy the night air! :)

xo
Pat

Judy said...

Smiling here...at the Texas version of 'fall'! My sister in South Texas told me they have had over 100 degree weather for more than 82 days straight. Yikes! Glad you are up and about and accomplishing much again. :)

Nonnie said...

That's just too funny about the cornbread! I thank God every day for another day of life. Nice graphic. I love Fall too and am looking forward to cooler weather and different clothes and snuggling under a blanket!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

Hahahahhaaa your Texas Fall cracks me up Linda !!
I love your lace outfit too!
You are so talented my friend, I love your artwork ! How wonderful to have an enclosed porch to enjoy evenings drinking a little red wine, lol..
Enjoy your weekend dear friend.
FABBY

Carole said...

Glad you are taking it so easy, Linda!!! Cheers

Penny said...

Your sunflower paintings are just gorgeous Linda, the colours are so vibrant, love them. You must be desperate for the cooler weather, I would simply melt in the temps you get where you live X

Carla said...

You were productive this day. Can't wait to see the old pick up painting. I seem to have a thing for old trucks.