Thursday, September 29, 2016

Quiet Gentle Days........

Our days are being spent enjoying nature and basking in the glow of being in the country.


Normally, outside our camper, we see mockingbirds up on the lines.
Not so this time. I think these are scissor tails. The field in front of our camper are full of them!
They dip and twirl and try to impress one another and have provided wonderful entertainment as we sit out on our deck.


I know my friend, Annie, from Hootin'Annie's could tell me just exactly what this bird is!


I watched them as I sat on the deck whacking up a dozen pair of jeans from my friend, Brenda.
Probably a good two quilts will come from this stack!


The view in front of me as I cut the legs off, split them up the ribbed seam and then cut that ribbing to be used as ties or on some sundry project and then fold and stack the denim for my next visit down here when I will cut them into squares.

This evening was our 'Shower Day.'
I COULD use the thimble sized shower in the camper but it's just easier to go down to my step son's place. I bathed first and I visited some of the critters while I waited for Louis Dean.


The geese were honking.....



and eating.


The chickens were rummaging around in the grassy meadow.


The swallows have built more than one nest by the roof line of their new house.


It smells so good down here.
I have been working the last two days on my book.
After a couple of hours this afternoon, I decided to take a nap in the girl bunk with the window right there open to the country air. Ah, the scents and the sounds lulled me right to sleep.


Everywhere I look I see a 'picture!'


I do love it here.


This is a zipper spider and he eats a ton of insects so he is a friend.


I wander around and find all sorts of fascinating things I haven't seen before.....
like this box of vintage metal toys.


It's so much fun to look around down here.


After our showers we came back to the camper and Louis Dean built us a fire while I grilled some smoked sausage and hot dogs for our dinner.


Cheers from the COUNTRY!!!!

18 comments:

Carole said...

that spider would scare me to death! They obviously build them tougher in Texas! Cheers from carole's chatter

Cheapchick said...

Your happy place! A great place for both of you to do some relaxing. Enjoy it - you both deserve it

Ginny Hartzler said...

These are pretty geese! We have the Canada geese. The rooster is beautiful! Is it too late in to still hear crickets and see lightening bugs? Probably so. The old toys, I bet they would be worth a pretty penny! Lovely fire!

Susie said...

Linda, How peaceful. I would have that little car in the back of the truck when it pulls out if I were you...How cute would that look in a flowerbed, or on a porch with a planter in it? LOL You sure are seeing lots of fun things there. But that spider totally creeps me out. Glad you are getting some naps, writing and relaxing in while there. Hope LD is enjoying his time too. Blessings, love you guys , xoxo, Susie

Linda said...

So glad you're having such a good time. Those birds look like scissor tails to me. First time I've seen a Swallow nest. One of those roosters is pretty enough you could paint his picture. I know spiders are helpers in our world but they do make me nervous.

Blondie's Journal said...

You've introduced me to a lot of new critters~~~the birds with their long tails are very interesting and I think it's awesome that you know your spiders. Me...not so much so they are doomed if I happen to see them. :(

I had a friend who made quilts for her son and daughter when they went away to college, all with their worn out jeans and backed with soft flannel. Both of you ladies amaze me!

Sounds like life is slow and good there in the country. All of these little moments are the BEST!

Jane

Kathy said...

All these people are nervous about the spider but I had one just like that in my yard and I just loved watching him (or her) make his web. It only bothers me when they are indoors or make their web across my back door so that I have to break it to get outside. Have fun in the country. You have so many interesting things to see and do.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

So happy you are both back in the country relaxing and relaxing and breathing that wonderfully clean air. Hugs.
Joy

Vee said...

Quiet, gentle days ahhhh... Just what you two have needed. I am hoping for a few soon myself.

MadSnapper said...

I love all the things you do with denim and love the shot of the scissors.. beautiful chickens and that last shot through the wine glass is gorgeous..

Debbie said...

I enjoyed this post very much. It makes me homesick for our farm. You are lucky to live in the country with all of nature surrounding you, and the animals so close...enjoy!
Have a wonderful Autumn!
Debbie
xo

Carol said...

Sounds like a beautiful getaway and I am thankful that you are enjoying yourself. I love living in the country and I am thankful that you also are able to enjoy some of the same sights and sounds.

Gypsy Heart said...

I'm so glad you're experiencing quiet and gentle days! It seems the country is good for your body, mind and spirit.

xo
Pat

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Perfect in every way!

Nonnie said...

So peaceful. The pics make me want to get a camper and go off to the country. I don't like those zipper spiders, but the geese and roosters are so pretty. I had a little car like that when I was about 4.

Lowcarb team member said...

Quiet, gentle days are the best.

All the best Jan

Penny said...

Glad to hear you are managing to get some work done on your book. The photographs of all the chickens and other birds are perfect! X

Carla said...

You're gonna have a hard time convincing me that the zipper spider is a friend. Spiders and Snakes are not my friend