Sunday, September 18, 2016

A Three Movie Weekend!

As I sat down tonight to write about our weekend I realized I had taken only ONE picture!!!
This whole weekend!! Louis Dean even reminded me to take THIS one!!
I must be really relaxed or I'm losing it......


This afternoon, after watching the Cowboys WIN their football game, Louis Dean and I took ourselves off to the movies to see Sully.


It was AMAZING and we loved every single minute of it!
Tom Hanks is always wonderful and I believe I have seen every film he's ever made - over 60!!!
I found a list online and, yes, I have seen NEARLY all of them except for A Hologram for the King - which I plan on seeing soon and a few others that slipped by when I wasn't looking.



Louis Dean actually requested we go to the movies and he doesn't do that often!
However, he only likes to go to The Movie Tavern where he can eat and have a big Shiner Bock in their famous refillable glass beer stein.


The seats are so comfy and the food is good.
This is a brand new theater having opened recently just around the corner from the old one.

Saturday I woke up at 8:30 and hit the floor running. Louis Dean slept another few hours while I stripped the guest room bed, remade it, started the laundry, emptied the dishwasher, made two batches of homemade cornbread to go with the pinto beans that had cooked overnight in the crock pot, vacuumed the den and tidied up the house in general. I was on a roll.

Amber came over in the afternoon to hang out and catch a breather from Life as a Quad Mom.


We rented Civil War and settled down to watch it with a platter of fried potatoes with onion, pinto beans and slices of buttered cornbread. GOOD eating!
I also opened the tin of Popcorn Crunch for munching after wards.

Louis Dean came in to join us towards the end of the movie and then we stopped it and hopped up to leave. "Where are you going?" Louis Dean asked.
"We are going to see a movie!" we said!


We rushed up to our local AMC with its luxury recliners just like the ones at the Movie Tavern to see Bridget Jone's Baby.
It was HILARIOUS!!!!
We laughed so hard at one scene that we had tears in our eyes!!
Amber said some of the patrons were just chuckling until they heard me laughing so hard that THEY started laughing too! It was fun!!
Then we came home and finished the OTHER movie!

All in all, this has been a wonderful weekend and I'm looking forward to a semi normal week ahead.
I'm still dialing it back and it sure seems to be working.

The quads will be here in the morning. I baked up my fourth batch of Pumpkin Spice Muffins tonight so we will have them for a snack when they arrive. Rayne loves these, too, so I'm going to box up a tin for her and a tin for our friends, Kimmy and June. After that, I'll start turning lights out and head for bed! Louis Dean is already there.
It's only 9:30!

15 comments:

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Oh, your doing so well! I'm so glad you both are on the mend!

Gypsy Heart said...

Well, these activities do not sound as if you're dialing it back! :) I know...if you feel better, you want to do more. I hope you'll take it easy!

xo
Pat

Ginny Hartzler said...

so glad you are up to doing so much and just having a fun life! This foot seems to be a breeze compared to the first one. Movies are a good way to relax! Your muffins sound do good! Wow, those move seats look awesome! I have never heard of a theater that sells beer!

Kathy said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Three movies! Glad you are feeling better and that this second foot is doing so well.

MadSnapper said...

I love the selfie of the two of you, one of your best. I have not heard of a movie tavern, I am sure that will be a big hit. I once watched 4 movies in one day, but that was in my living room.

peggy said...

I just saw that my library has A Hologram for the King. Maybe I will check it out and let you know. I haven't seen Sully yet but it's on my list.

Changes in the wind said...

Glad to hear the movie was good, would like to go see it too. You are indeed feeling better and I am so happy that you are.

Diana Ferguson said...

Love the pic of you two!

Arlene G said...

Y'all are so cute!! We have plans to see Sully if we have a rainy day here at the beach. And who is the father of Bridget's baby? I am dying to know.

Bev said...

We want to see Sully...looks like a cool place to go at the Tavern!!!

Susie said...

Linda, I am glad you are coming along nicely on your healing. Fun for you and amber to have time also. I loved the pic of you and LD. So cute. I really want to see that movie of Sully. I remember the day that happened. I bet your house smelled great with the pumpkin muffins baking. I just love those scents. Blessing to all. xoxo,love you, Susie

Vee said...

Dialing it back? Your schedule would wipe me out! =D

You and BJ are both saying the movie Sully is good so I believe you. May have to look for it up my way. We do not yet have a theater where the seating is a recliner and a meal can be enjoyed. More's the pity...

Linda said...

Good grief, a 3 movie week-end. I've yet to work in 1 movie since my resolve to start watching movies.

Penny said...

A busy but relaxing time! I like tomread about those special times you and Amber spend together. Mother and daughter time is very precious x

Carla said...

Love the picture of you two. You've seen some movies that's for sure. I can't tell you the last time David and I sat and watched a movie together. mmmm He doesn't relax and well I probably relax tooooo much