Monday, September 26, 2016

Finally! It FEELS Like Fall!

I am SO excited!!! The cooler temps and much lower humidity has finally arrived!
Louis Dean and I got up and, after a quick cup of coffee, we packed, loaded the truck and got on the road headed down to our camper! 

Our first stop was the HEB in Bellmead  - one of my 'happy places.'


I treated myself to two of my favorite magazines - Country Living and Victoria.
There's two things I always get when I shop HEB.....
steak seasoning and.....


.......these Made in Texas candles!
We stocked up on our favorite wines and a few other things and then we were ready to go to the ranch!!!


But FIRST - we stopped at Luby's for a good meal!
IF you can call chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and TONS of gravy a 'good' meal!
He thinks since he also got black eyed peas and carrots that this qualified as a 'healthy' choice.
Oh, well. I will feed him salads and soups the rest of the week.


Camera ready!!!


The countryside looks more like spring than fall!



I'm not sure this video uploaded right so if it's not there - I guess it didn't!


I just LOVE looking at the cows, fields, goats and scenery along the county line road that leads to the ranch.




We arrived! Only to discover that Louis Dean had left the keys to the gate in the CAR!


We called Dean and he was just up the road and said he would be right there to unlock the gate for us.


I couldn't wait!
I climbed the gate and then walked on up to the camper!
Notice I am wearing a SWEATER!!!! I love it!!


It's rained a good bit lately but the road wasn't all that bad coming in.



Louis Dean waited at the truck for his son.


Home, sweet away from home HOME!


We came in and opened up the camper letting in the cool fresh air!
Father and son enjoyed a good visit while I stayed busy fluffing my nest, lighting candles and sprucing things up.

We are now in and settled with the truck unloaded.
Louis Dean caught some of the debate on the radio in here while I did my journal entry.

Now I am going to pour my wine, wrap a blanket around my shoulders and go out on the deck and soak up the ambiance of the country! I love the night sounds here!!
I am in my most favorite Happy Place!!!!

14 comments:

Kathy said...

Have a fun and relaxing time at the ranch. I've been wearing my sweater too. I think Autumn is really here.

Linda said...

I'm so excited you blogged tonight. So fun to see pictures of the Texas countryside. I just know you're going to to have wonderful weather. I watched about 10 minutes of the debate and that was enough for me. I look forward to seeing what you're going to be cooking. Have all the fun you can.

Blondie's Journal said...

Sounds so heavenly, Linda! I've never seen this gorgeous countryside or the restaurants that serve this sort of comfort food. I love those magazines, too.

I would have nested, too, but probably then collapsed! You are good! Can't wait to see what you do on your trip!

Jane

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your videos DID load! What is that noise? Such a cozy camper! I hope you see lots of signs of fall and have a ball. You actually climbed the gate? SURELY not!! And even with your foot...

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Good, happy you are at your camper, good place to rest, relax and be happy. Hugs.
Joy

Susie said...

Linda, It is so nice that you and LD could get away for some camper time. I know you love that place. Glad you are getting cooler weather...we are too. It's 7:15 am and 50 degrees. So nice to be able to go outside without sweating. Enjoy yourself and be safe. Blessings, xoxo,love, Susie

Latane Barton said...

I'm disappointed, Linda. Where is the photo of you climbing that fence. huh?

Arlene G said...

Have fun at the ranch!! Cooler temps here as well...yippee!! Your sweet card is sitting on my kitchen hutch where I can see it and think of you.

MadSnapper said...

I would love to see a sweater weather. we got a break today, for the first time since april, we woke up to 73 degrees going to 90 though. but we have been waking up for 6 months to 80 or 81 degrees.

Debbie said...

one of your favorite places to be (you look so happy) it's sweater weather here as well!!!

i love autumn, it is my favorite time of year!!!

ps...where is the picture of you climbing over the fence????

Bev said...

I know you love autumn....(I don't like cool:) Glad you got away!!!

Linda Reeder said...

I grew up in rural Oregon, and I like to visit there too. then I like to come back to my home, my happy place. Have fun at your retreat!

Kelly said...

You're so lucky to have cool weather! It's still super hot here in GA! Hope you continue to have a great time there.

Penny said...

I always love reading about your life down at the camper. You and Louis Dean are looking well in your photographs, hopefully now both gping to have a spell of good health and good times X