Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Allergies Are Nothing to Sneeze at!!!

Tuesday started off fairly well but as the day wore on I went downhill at an alarming pace.


I tried to make it a regular Tuesday but the only tradition Ruth Ann and I managed to accomplish was a trip to the Goodwill. I spied these sunflowers and popped them right in my buggy!
The print is from Home Interiors and I plan to study it when I finish MY sunflower paintings.
The sterling plated napkin rings have a spot to hold a place card.

From Goodwill we went to the salon for manicures and pedicures.
By this time I was not feeling well at all.
It was NOT the best experience I've had there.....
still, it felt good to get my nails done.


I then went straight home, took my shower and went to bed - at 5:30!!!
This is my birthday month and Summer gifted me with my all time favorite book from my all time favorite author. What a perfect month to read it once again.
I even love the book cover. It looks just like September to me!


Another thing came in the mail.
The cool touch tissues are amazing.


Then THIS arrived on the porch today.


Five brand new fragrances from Este Lauder!
Summer knows how important fragrance is to me.
I hear the next thing that will arrive is a new supply of Zyrtec!!!

I've stayed in bed for much of the day. I used my Netti Pot often. I rested.
I took my temperature more times than I can remember.


Lastly, I baked up a batch of Spiced Pumpkin Muffins to take to the nursing staff tomorrow.
My fever never topped 100 degrees and it has stayed normal all day going up to 99 tonight.
I'm hoping all will go according to plan and I have my surgery early tomorrow afternoon.
If not, I think I will make the best of it and go see the new Tom Hanks movie - Sully!

19 comments:

Mummers AKA Summer said...

Prepare the worst and hope for the best - good creed to live by. Plus, you taught us to make the most of what we got and the least of what we've not. I'm glad you are my Mom and you practice what you preach. Love you!

Linda said...

I hope all goes well for you tomorrow. Looks like Summer is already pampering you. Bob & I both read the book Sully wrote. It was interesting to us because he grew up right by Perrin AFB at Sherman/Denison. Bob was stationed at Perrin when we married & we lived in Sherman for about 3 years. Hope you enjoy the movie.

Kathy said...

Linda, I am so sorry you've been feeling so badly. Hopefully all will go well and you will get your surgery over with. I'll be praying for you.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my. I have never heard of having fever with allergies. At at just the worst time. I am so sorry! I sure hope you feel better in the morning!

Ginny Hartzler said...

So both you and Louis Dean have allergies? I take three different allergy medicines, since I have been in the E.R. twice with anaphlactic shock. Zyrtec is very good!

Jackie See said...

Prayers for you Linda, these allergies are so uncomfortable. Our weather is beautiful tonight and we have to keep our windows shut because everything outside has a brown dust on it. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain so maybe that will help. I didn't know they made those tissues, may need to look for some. Hope you are feeling much better in the morning and your surgery goes as planned!

PATI CLARK said...

I always have those tissue stocked in my home I also like the ones with vicks ...Take some Vitamin C tablets ... make some bone broth & feel better my friend !

Estelle's said...

Oh dear....not a good way to go into surgery...hugs and prayers that all goes well. Take good care!

MadSnapper said...

I don't think you run a temp with allergies, here there is a sinus infection disease passing from person to person. I know 3 people who have it and it is contagious.. bet that is what you have. they all had to go to the doctor... hope you are feeling better today and I am thinking no surgery since you are sick.

Latane Barton said...

Poor thing. Sure hope that whateveritis goes away soon. Oh, and I want to see 'Sully' too. I know it will be heartwrenching but good.

peggy said...

You got some good stuff! I want to see Sully too, we went to see The Light Between Oceans. Bet you would like it too.

Cheapchick said...

Good luck with your surgery. Hopefully the fever held off.

Gypsy Heart said...

The ragweed is out to kill us all! I've just been miserable and having migraines wayyyy too often. So sorry LD is still not feeling well and that you had a rough time too. I'm so hoping that the surgery went well and you'll soon be home to recuperate.

Please let me know if you two need anything!
xo
Pat

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Good luck with the surgery. So sweet to bake muffins for the nurses. Not good both of you suffering. Allergies are so bad for people.

BeachGypsy said...

Oh no! I hope both of you are 100 percent better soon! Your new book does indeed look like September! And i bet all the petfumes are wonderful!

Vee said...

Your life is too complicated for me to figure out. Praise God that I can leave you and Louis Dean with Him. He knows best. You make me grin knowing that you have a Plan B worked out!

Carole said...

I had to look up what an neti pot was! Good luck with those pesky allergies - I hope your being sick won't affect the op. Cheers from Carole's Chatter

Anonymous said...

I would try those cool touch tissues right now more than the perfume.

Penny said...

Ooh poor you Linda, a rotten day x