Saturday, July 23, 2016

Friday and It's All About Logan!!

It was late last night when Logan finally drifted off to sleep. She started out on a fluffy pallet on the floor right beside my bed. In the course of the night, she was in bed between us and then Granddad was on the pallet on the floor right beside my side of the bed. That didn't last too long before he went to the den to sleep in the chair. Everytime I got up to go to the bathroom, I would have to get back in bed on the opposite side because Logan would automatically roll over into my spot. Suffice it to say that none of us got much sleep last night. I felt sure she would sleep well into the morning but around 8:00 she was whispering in my ear, "MeeMaw, the sun is UP!"


We had coffee and Bible reading in the den and I finally and successfully put a couple of coloring games on my iPads.


Breakfast was cereal ( Faith's choice when she was here earlier this week) out on the deck.
This deck, which is outside the kitchen wall, faces west. It's a nice place to be in the mornings until around 12:00-12:30.


We took advantage of the shade and did some arts and crafts out there this morning.
Logan is pointing to the picture of Granddad she had painted!


This was a combination of stencil and free form art.
The one on the far left is a 'calendar.' Logan said, "This is my very first calendar to paint!"
The third from the left is the painting of Granddad. Can you see the similarities!! ?? 
I gave a little more instruction on the next two and the last one on the right was my project.


My main accoplishment today was organinzing all that craft paint.
I have an entire drawer. It was annoying to open a bottle and it be all dried up so I cleaned and dumped and sorted this evening.
Only two more drawers left in my craft dresser to sort so that will be my weekend project.

We went in to make lunch just as the shade was starting to disappear.
I have black out lining on the curtains on the kitchen French doors to keep that sun from heating the house up!


This photo is brought to you courtesy of Logan.
Like mother/MeeMaw - like daughter/granddaughter!
All of us take a ton of photos and a lot of them are of food.
I didn't even know she took this until I sat down tonight to blog.

After lunch, Logan piled up in our bed with a stack of books while I cleaned up the kitchen and then she and I both took good, long, serious naps!!! It was wonderful!

Today was a home day.
The only time we left the house was to FINALLY pick up my prescription for my toe.
You know, the one my PA was going to call in yesterday?


Logan and I celebrated with a Lemonade!


We came back and baked a cake. A carrot cake from a box mix but it does smell good.
I used milk instead of water and will make a cream cheese frosting for it in the morning.


Dinner tonight was straight from the freezer and all Trader Joe's!!!


I must admit, I love eating together in the dining room.
Louis Dean usually talks me into letting us eat in the den but I have never been comfortable doing this and I usually use the table I keep fixed with complete table settings out there.

As soon as we had fininshed our meal, Louis Dean went to bed.
I don't blame him.
He didn't get the nap we did plus he worked outside cleaning up an area previously occupied by Sanford and Son. He plans to move our chest freezer there instead of being on the deck he built outside our bedroom door. I am loving it because this cleans up one area and then frees up another that is already clean!! Win! WIN!!


Since Louis Dean was already in bed, we three girls ended this Friday night in the gazebo together.
Logan on my iPad coloring a princess.....


Mother with her feet up and enjoying a glass of wine.
It's been a good day.
I took Logan in to give her a shower and shampoo while Mother enjoyed some alone time in the gazebo.


 We rejoined her after Logan's shower. Her hair is so thick and long that after a shampoo, it takes a good while to comb out. We picked up some of that old faithful 'No More Tangles' while we were out today.

As I write, Logan is fast asleep and so is Mother. I admit to loving any and all time I have to be all by myself. I have enjoyed writing and now it is time to go out and water. Last night I accidently left the water on (on a slow spray) in the front yard. I woke up abruptly around 7:00 and remembered it! I ran out and turned it off. Too bad I didn't remember that we hadn't taken the trash out last night. That would have been a prefect time to do it. Instead I went back to bed.

Oops! I hear Louis Dean is up now. Perhaps we can water together!
That always makes a chore so much more fun.


13 comments:

Susie said...

Linda, It sounds like a long day but lots of fun too. It's a bit different with one at a time, right. Funny how kids do things they see us do...the food picture. :):) Blessings, get some rest. Love you, xoxo, Susie

MadSnapper said...

i love the photo of Logan tapping on her ipad. not the one her face is lit but the one in the rocker. that is just precious. she is little Logan housemaker.. i hope you are staying off that toe while cleaning out drawers.. that is a LOT of paint. i love how you quads are following in your steps with art and photography... Blake Sheldon and Gwen Stefani are having twin girls... i saw it on the front of a magazine in line at publix today, so that makes it true. right?

Changes in the wind said...

What a fun day...Love the picture of Logan with her feet propped up.

Penny said...

I am sure Logan just loved her time with you. The story of night time bed-hopping reminded me of many many nights when my two were small. It was rare that any of us woke in the morning, in the same bed we had gone to sleep in the night before! Very tiring times! Lovely photographs. Hopemthe medication starts to help your toe X

Ginny Hartzler said...

Logan is so beautiful with her hair all wet!! You can really see her lovely features better. NOW, WHO is Sanford & Son? And is your medicine an antibiotic? Logan's picture is perfect! She is a little photographer! The food looks so good! NOW I want to know how all those Trader Joe's foods tasted! I have been wanting them, but did not know if they would be good. Can you tell me? The iPad coloring apps are wonderful!! They also have vet games for kids, where you can take the pet's temperature and things. One just cannot have small grandchildren without NAPS. Gosh, I have been all over the place today with my comment! Train of thought I guess.

Vee said...

Happy times, simple and sweet... Life is good. Hope the toe is responding to meds and behaving itself.

Linda said...

So glad you got to have some one on one time with your mini-me. I can tell all of you loved it. You are one artsy lady. You see art in everything and have the supplies to do anything you see. Hope the toe is better today.

Sweet Tea said...

Lots of summertime fun!
Great to have some one on one time with Logan.
Hope your toes is mending nicely now.

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

What a cutie little Logan is - sounds like you had a fun time together. Jane

Jane@Bluebird1959 said...

What a cutie little Logan is - sounds like you had a fun time together. Jane

Pondside said...

This is such a summertime post - right down to the watering. I've just come in from doing that and had to take the boys right out with me to see the huge raccoon in the tree. Excitement!

Linda said...

What a good time! I have a question tho: What is a pallet? I think of it as a wood 'stand' for hauling stuff...that can't be what it is 'cuz no one would want to sleep on that. I have hear it used so many times in regard to sleeping.

Bev said...

I just don't know where you get your energy!!