Monday, October 21, 2019

On Country Time.....

Louis Dean and I were slow to get going Sunday morning and it was 3:00 in the afternoon when we finally pulled out of our driveway in the city and headed south to the country.


We had planned to go in on I35 to Bellmead at Loop 340 to pick up a few groceries at HEB.
I happened to check WAZE (our navigation app) and saw there were multiple accidents there and traffic was all red zone! WAZE took us off the Interstate and along quiet calm country roads all the way to Mart.

***It turned out that the daughter of our friend Linda - who lost her husband recently - was involved in one of the accidents. Her baby daughter was taken by Care flight to Temple with a brain bruise and Linda's daughter was taken to the hospital in Waco with multiple injuries.***

This is the reason I always say a prayer when I hear sirens. 
Prayers for those in trouble and for those who are helping.
You never know who you might be praying for.......



They are doing improvements on even the Farm to Market roads!
This is along the 7 mile stretch from Hwy 31 to Mart.


We made it to Read's Grocery before they closed and had half an hour to pick up what we needed.
Win! WIN!!!


Sherry was there to meet us at the gate!
What a welcome home that was!

Alas, the evening did not go as we had planned.
We came in and started unloading.
I flipped on the water pump and - nothing!
I turned on the AC - it was in the 80's and HOT in the closed up camper.
Again - nothing.
No worries. It was going to cool off in the night and we could hook the camper direct to the water bypassing the pump. Except there was a pipe break in the line from the duck pond to our place.
So....Louis Dean went down and repaired that and we went about our business of settling in.
Dean and Sherry came down and we all had a nice visit.
Still no water in the camper since the repair had to dry overnight.
We went to bed feeling certain that it would be easy to find the cause for the power not going to the the water pump and AC, having also discovered the kitchen and bathroom lights as well as the light on the oven vent hood were not working. Obviously a circuit breaker problem.

I went to bed in the girl bunk sipping a glass of wine and reading while waiting for the temps to fall from 80 degrees to the 60's. I was asleep before 1:00 in the morning and woke up at 3:00 when the storms rolled in. It was magnificent! No damage - just a beautiful storm here....although  there were a couple of tornadoes that did a good bit of damage in Dallas. Irving fared well and just had rain and some hail. 

We watched the storm for a few minutes and went back to bed to sleep well in the cooler weather.

Today Louis Dean has tried to figure out what the electrical problem is to no avail.
We have turned the camper upside down trying to locate the correct circuit breaker.
Later in the morning, Louis Dean did go down and turn on the water and thankfully the camper hot water heater was good to go and not on the damaged breaker - wherever that is!

I was still not feeling well and was overwhelmed with the chaos and frustrated.
So - I went to bed. Once I had put all the canned good from the pantry back where they belong because I had cleared that all out so Louis Dean could get to that set of circuit breakers.
I slept for a couple of hours but it was not all that restful.
My dreams were of chaos and confusion......
so when I got up around 4:30 - I did what I always do when I am in such a state as this.....


I find a corner and make it pretty.
I cleaned, fluffed and decorated.


I love this boot vase I got at the Whitfield Family Reunion!
I made me a pretty nest and poured a nice glass of wine and sat and read several chapters in Coming Home. A never fail therapy that works every time for me.


Then I moved on to do some art.
I hope to paint every single day we are here.
This small Santa scene will most likely be my Christmas card for this year.
I meant for it to be the Santa and the horse but that's a 12 inch square and harder to edit the size for a card. I will see what I can do and may have to ask Amber to help me.


Speaking of Amber - she is in Nashville and looking like an Angel!!


I close tonight with a cool evening to sit by a small campfire.

It's always good to be in the country!!

17 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Rest and paint and make another spot lovely and then rest some more dear Linda. Hope you are feeling better in the morning. Hope that circuit breaker is located too.
Hugs.
Joy

Vee said...

If you say so... 😉

I’d call it the power of positive thinking.

That is a cute background for taking pics—Amber with those giant angel wings.

Keep fluffing, painting, writing, praying...

Bluebird49 said...

Surely hope you get things straight tomorrow! I like the way you lighten up moods by making things pretty.
Amber is an angel--now we have proof! :)

Susie said...

Linda, I will pray for your friend Linda's daughter and grandchild. Glad you got to the ranch safely. Hope you can get the power problems fixed. It's good you rest while there...although I wonder if LD ever does rest...being a never say never working man. :) Take care of each other. Love you both and wish you a good fum time. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Deanna Rabe said...

I hope LD was able to find the right circuit breaker and all is well in the country!

Glad your home was not harmed in the storm!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Oh my what a crazy start to your visit at the ranch. I hope it only gets better. Can't et much worse. May today be better than your yesterday. Nice you could enjoy a campfire anyway. They are so restful and peaceful.

Changes in the wind said...

Nothing like arriving to problems and I hear you on being frustrated. It just seems to me it takes very little to get me in that state these days. I hope the rest of your stay at the ranch goes more smoothly.

MadSnapper said...

I hope by the time I am typing this you have your power problems worked out and can rest and paint. prayers for your friends that were injured in the accident. good thing you could by pass all the back up of traffic. I think you should paint Santa and a Wonky Donkey. hope all is well and back to normal today and so glad the tornados did you know harm

Latane Barton said...

Oh you poor dear. I felt so sorry as you went through your struggles with water and lights and storms and being tired and confused and ... don't we all have our days (and nights) like that sometime. So happy you are in a better situation now... a campfire... oh geez. That fixes everything.

photowannabe said...

Oh my, I just prayed for your friends family...how sad but God is over all.
Sorry you are still under the weather and hope being at the ranch will FIX everything.
Circuit Breakers and no lights or AC...not good...Expecting LD to solve the issue...as he always seems to do.
Enjoy your time fluffing, decorating, reading and painting...oh yes also enjoying a sip or two of vino.
Sue

Arlene G said...

Hope you figure out the problem...so frustrating. I did see the storms in Dallas. So glad your house was spared.

Hootin Anni said...

Country living is the best. Hope all involved in the accidents heal 100%.

YOU HAVE BEEN IN MY THOUGHTS (Dallas Fort Worth tornadoes).

BeachGypsy said...

Howdy there my green eyed girlfriend! Tell Amber that picture of her is SO CUTE! OH my gosh, I had no idea you and I had matching leaf necklaces.....yes, that would be so sweet of you to add that to your September 1 holiday!!--in memory of our Mothers, and in CELEBRATION OF US AND OUR FRIENDSHIP, RIGHT!! I love the idea! Yes, it's entirely possible it came from Colorado, i think they went through there,it could've been Nevada or Arizona or Wyoming or somewhere else even! LOL!!! she talked about that big cross country trip all her life. I know she loved it.And IF WE EVER MEET........LET'S WEAR OUR NECKLACES AND MAKE PICTURES, OKAY???!!

Stacy said...

It sounds like you've had a couple of "eventful" days. I'm glad everything is straightened out and that none of the really nasty weather came your way. The photos and stories out of Dallas were so sad. I hope your friend's daughter and her baby are both doing okay. Enjoy the rest of your week!

Carole said...

Amazing in a place as big as Texas that you knew someone in the accident! Hope they are recovering well. And good luck with your electrics. Cheers

Blondie's Journal said...

I hope all is back to normal by now, Linda. We saw on the news the devastation in Dallas from the tornadoes. And your friend Linda, are her daughter and granddaughter okay?

I feel so much like you, when I'm stressed I try to rest. It eases my mind. But I'm not so creative so I clean! lol!

Love ya, friend!

Jane❤️

Debbie said...

going back to the beginning, and the accident your friends were involved in, i hope they are ok and improving. and you are right, you never know who you are praying for. i am happy you do that, and that it brings a positive outcome for you!!!

i am happy that you find so much joy in the country, that you have such a positive thought process. i could not sleep (or be happy) in such warm temperatures or in such chaos. i need things to go smoothly, otherwise i am impacted in a negative way!!!

i like the boot vase, the picture of amber and the fire to close. it's always so nice to come here and feed off your positive energy!!!