Thursday, October 24, 2019

An 'I Love Lucy' Kind of Day!

This has been a long day.
Last night just as I cranked myself around and pulled my feet up in the girl bunk - I heard a hissing sound. The toilet was pouring out water at the connection! Louis Dean raced out to turn the water off and we were back where we started. No water. At least we still had water in the big bathroom. 
So I made several trips out there Wednesday night.

This morning - for the third time - I pulled all the bedding off the girl bunk including the mattress.
Louis Dean started back to work trying to get that water problem corrected.
This time it was a hose and he managed to make that work - for awhile anyway.

I left the bedding off since Don, the electrician, was coming by later.
All the time Louis Dean was working on the bathroom, I seemed to get in his way. 
No matter where I was!
So I fixed a big glass of tea and sat in my pretty corner in the front room and, either read or stared into space. It was 80 degrees today and at least that corner has a cross breeze so it wasn't too bad.
Seemed like every where my eyes looked, there was either disorder or chaos or just plain ugly and dirty. So! I gave myself a good talking to and ventured back in the camper to get some Comet and Pine Sol and took them to the big bathroom and started scrubbing the laundry sink in there.
Wouldn't you KNOW- Louis Dean said he needed to get to that sink!
"Of course, you do," I said - in my NOT most loving voice!

Back to my chair and I read several pages before thinking the coast was clear enough for me to try cleaning that bathroom again.
I scrubbed and cleaned both the sink and the toilet.
I tried my best to get the red paint spatters off the commode lid and noticed it was also on the porcelain in front. Where did that come from, you may ask??
Louis Dean spray painted a tub inside the bathroom!
I know!!! When we were first married, he spray painted a desk IN the house!
It was in his music room, thank goodness. Now you know why I seldom take any pictures in there.
Y'all wouldn't believe it even if you saw it!!

I digress. 

It was now about 1:30 and I decided to take myself to town and cheer myself up.
I also thought that if I left - maybe Don would come.
You know how you wait for food in a restaurant and finally get up and go to the bathroom - and then the food comes! I had called him earlier and he said he would be by after he fed his horses, which are not far from the ranch.

Louis Dean asked me if I would pick up a bottle of Gorilla Glue - the kind that works on metal and plastic. He handed me the bottle of old dried up glue - dry due to not having the lid on - so I would know which kind to get. I dropped it in my purse and put myself in his big white truck and was on my way.


It was a pretty day and I started to feel better about things.


I stopped to take a couple of pictures and decided to go the back roads and come up beside the Dollar General store and shop there before going on down Texas Avenue to Read's Grocery for the fresh vegetables I needed.


They had just set up their Christmas display.


This isle is in the very center of the store and is always fixed up so pretty.
I needed 'pretty' today!
I fished around and found the glue bottle in my purse and, sure enough, they only carried the Gorilla Glue for wood. I went ahead and got it along with another small Gorilla something that you combine two bottles together to make it work.
I checked out and loaded my stuff in the back of the truck and then just sat there in the truck and ate a snack of cheese and crackers that I had just purchased. Life was feeling much better.......until.....

I fished out my phone and a pair of glasses and noticed sticky stuff on the phone.
I got my cloth hanky out - I had taken the insert out of my purse before going in the store since it was so heavy - and tried to wipe what I thought was honey off of the phone. WHY did I think it was honey? Same color and I had just had honey dripped down on me yesterday when I was sitting on the couch. Alas, it was the not-so-dried up Gorilla glue!

I took my shoulder wallet/bag and went back in the store and purchased some Goo Gone that said it removed lots of things including glue! I had to ask the checker to open it for me. Everything I touched got glue on it because my hands were covered. Glue was even on my credit card so she poured some of the GOO on a rag and wiped my card off for me and then put it back in my wallet.
The truck keys were sticky. What a mess! The wallet/bag had been inside my purse and the strap had glue on it so that meant where it touched my shirt was sticky. I decided to forget about the tomatoes at Read's and go straight back to the ranch!

And, NO, Don had not come while I was gone!

Louis Dean helped me unload. Praise God that I had taken the insert out of my purse.
Still, some things were a total loss. I put the ruined purse in the fire pit and was grateful I had bought it at a Goodwill.

That's when it hit me that I was living like I Love Lucy and I started to laugh - much to Louis Dean's relief! It was now 4:00 and we were friends again sitting out on the deck visiting when we saw Don up at the gate.


Long story short - Don finally ran the problem to ground but it took awhile.
He had a flat bed trailer behind his truck loaded with horse feed.
 He has 50 horses! 
Well, the 3 down here were out there eating like they were at a Golden Corral buffet!
So, Louis Dean had to stay out there and guard his truck so I sat in the camper and acted as a gopher for Don. Guess what I did while I was sitting there? Picking dry glue out of the hair at my temples....where I had slid that sticky pair of glasses on!

Like I said, he found the problem and hooked up a temporary fix so everything works now....
if you don't mind the big coil of wire running from under the built in fridge over to under the girl bunk! Louis Dean will do the permanent fix himself which involves getting underneath the camper. 

It's a good thing the pump works now because the repair to the toilet is not going to hold so we have to turn the pump on whenever we need water in the camper and then turn it right back off again.
I was going to ask Louis Dean when that is going to get fixed since he needs to buy a certain kind of hose.....but I have decided to come in and write this journal entry and go to bed.
I didn't make the bed up very well since I have to tear it all apart again in the morning.
The girl bunk is right on top of the water reservoir and the toilet place he is going to fix is inside that area.

Dean and Sherry left this evening for the 50th wedding anniversary celebration for Roy and Ruth Ann this weekend. Our Critter Chores start in the morning.
Sadly, Summer is in too much pain to make it down here for her birthday.
Everything is in such a mess anyway, it's probably a good thing she won't be here but I hate that she's hurting so much. She has an appointment next week for the pain management doctor and will know more about the upcoming surgery then.


I close tonight's journal entry with Rugar and Remmie.
The cold front arrived along with some rain.
And with that, I am signing off and going to bed.
Just hoping most of what I've said made some sort of sense!


20 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh MY!! Just another episode of "I Love Linda". I am glad you can laugh about it. It was really a bad day, but at least you both have your health, and this too shall pass. I am so sorry about Summer, that is the worst part of all this.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I just read parts of this to Phil and he got a good laugh out of it! Good thing that store had to Goo Gone, or you would have really been in a pickle.

Vee said...

Stuff like this is a frustration for you both. It would have taken me years to laugh over it. So glad that it only took you to four o’clock. Love you both. Rest well and tackle it on a better day. Saying a prayer for Summer to feel better as she waits for her surgery, God love her.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

A day to forget - or a day to look back on and be amazed at how well you coped with the string of 'what the heck is going on here!' day Linda. Prayers for Summer.
Hugs.
Joy

Bluebird49 said...

Girlfriend! Life can be a real mess sometimes. I think the glue mess would have broken me right there, and men in white coats would have been summoned!
Ed used spray paint on the kitchen ceiling! Gravity is real. Got it on the table and two chairs. :0 Later, thinking he could defy physics, he sprayed it over the range, too.
To get yourself to laugh after all that just shows me your sweet, big heart.
I sure hope Don and Louis can fix all this stuff.
The "October 2019 Ranch Visit" will be memorable, won't it! (For years!)
But yay for all the great painting you did!
Hope your allergies are better, my friend.

Bluebird49 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy said...

Oh my gosh, I just hate those kind of days. They sure can get to you if you let them. I hope today is a much better day.

I'm smiling at the picture of Rugar and Remmie...my daughter had two guinea pigs several years ago and their names were Rugar and Remmie.

RO said...

Wow! Everything sure did seem like it happened all at once, but despite all the madness, you were a trooper. I think I would have been crying like a baby over the bathroom issue for sure.(lol) Hope our weekend is as fabulous as you are! Hugs, RO

Carol said...

Since I was just watching I Love Lucy before I read this, it was even more comical because I believe you could have just written the next episode. LOL! Hopefully, things get better but if not remember how much you love the visits to the ranch!

Susie said...

Linda, I was just sick for you about that glue. You know it should have been in a zip lock bag....because as sure as some thing can happen it will. Yes, you did have a Lucy day. LOL. I know LD loves working on things himself, but he needs to take time to enjoy days too. I hope his son can help him get the camper back up to par. I like that you could sit on the deck or in the big room and just relax with nature. Wishing you and LD slow and quiet days to relax. Blessings, xoxo,love, Susie
p.s. I sent a birthday card to your house for Summer.

Arlene G said...

Oh No...that was a Lucy kind of day. Note to self, do not put Gorilla Glue anywhere.:) Hope today is better Linda.

MadSnapper said...

this is a combo show of I love Linda and L.D. Sanford and wife. it is funny from here but I would NOT have been laughing by 4. but then I am a catastratphizer and would NEVER put a bottle of glue in my purse. it would be enclosed in a baggy. I live in the what if future for any and everything I do... again we are polar opposites but can enjoy each other so much.... sorry you had a bad day and hoping today is much better....

Deanna Rabe said...

Praying for Summer!

Also, I'm hoping LD is on the permanent repair now that you know what's needed! Good for you to finally see the humor in the glue mess! Lucy for sure!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What to do when we have days like that, just laugh like I loe Lucy. Better than crying anyway. You poor thing. That clue is very sticky. Too bad you had to burn the purse, but like you say, at least it came from good will. I think you are like me, and have plenty of purses. Hope critter duty comes off with out a laugh today. You had your fill yesterday!

Changes in the wind said...

Don't know if could be as good of sport as you...specially with the glue episode but you are right fuming doesn't help or change anything. Glad you got the electric fixed and hope the other things come together too so you can enjoy your time there.

Rain said...

Oh my gosh Linda!!! That definitely was a Lucy day...you poor thing. I'm so glad you were able to find some humour, I probably would have been in tears lol!!!

photowannabe said...

Whew what a day, I agree that's a I Love Lucy kind of day.
I truly am sorry that glue took over your purse and that everything you touched didn't turn to gold...well maybe it actually did. Good thing the purse was from GoodWill.
So sorry about Summer I do hope that the Doc. will have some good answers for her.
Hope your water situation will be fixed ASAP too. That would sure make me grumpy and probably in tears too.

Teresa P said...

Linda, after reading this post the first thing that came to mind was the old saying "Mama said there would be days like this". I must confess my husband enjoys me reading your posts to him of Louis Deans misadventures because he can relate to many of them so he gets a big chuckle out of them. Thankfully, there have been no Gorilla Glue or spray painting indoors mishaps but he too fell into some bushes and tore his arm up like LD did recently.

Please tell LD to be careful crawling under the camper making repairs. Also praying for your Summer and that her upcoming surgery will be successful.

P.S. Aren't you happy that the ruined purse was a Goodwill find!

Carole said...

Going to dye your hair red? Great post LInda/Lucy!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Definitely a Lucy kind of day.