Saturday, October 26, 2019

Critter Chores Day #2 - Saturday

It was another chilly morning here on the ranch and we bundled up to do the critter chores but not quite as much as we did on Friday. The wind was blowing icy cold like it did yesterday. 


It wasn't all that muddy either.


The wild peacock was up on the top looking down at the ones in the pen.
All three of them are sporting fresh new feathers and are such pretty colors.


When we walked down I noticed the baby goats in the garden and then realized all the goats were in there!


So we shut the gates and left them stay since the garden is spent anyway.


Just look at all that salad they can eat!


They were chomping away as happy as they can be.

We did have a fowl fatality. 
One of the pretty black chickens was dead in the hen house that held five of them. 
It may have died a natural death as its eyes were closed and there was no damage done to it.
That particular hen house has a low ceiling so I was pretty proud of myself for picking it up by its feet and taking it out. Louis Dean took care of it after that.
Speaking of Louis Dean - for whatever reason he had a rough night and didn't get to sleep until 5:00 this morning. He said every muscle on him ached. It was from lying on the floor in awkward positions for hours yesterday working on that wiring.

Today he took it easy and worked on organizing his music notebooks.
I forgot to brag on him about something the other day. On that awful I Love Lucy day.
Remember the red spray paint on the toilet seat and porcelain? Well, he got it all off!
Scrubbed it with Comet and steel wool! But guess what? I went in his workshop room looking for a screw driver and he had found some guttering and tin to fix over the camper door where the rain just poured down the other day getting the carpet all wet. He had hung it up in there and spray painted it!
Brown! I asked him why he did that inside the house and he said it was too chilly outside!
I have  requested that IF he insists on painting inside - to keep it in that shop room. NOT the bathroom and certainly not in the front room.

It's been a slow day here and I have rested much of it.
I think I will go out and do some art before bed.


I'll close tonight's journal entry with the most beautiful 'witch' I've ever seen!
Amber and Mike took the kids to a Fall Festival this afternoon and sent me this pic.


And I can't close without wishing my first born a Happy Birthday!
We had planned to be together today but that didn't work out.
She did feel a little better and was able to get out of the house.
I love and admire her so much and we will celebrate next week!

So that's it, folks.
I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
Want to share what y'all are up to? 
I would love to know.....

16 comments:

Kathy said...

You and LD amaze me. I don't know how you do all you do. No wonder you both are tired. I love your painting. And the pictures of Amber and Summer are great. What am I doing this weekend? Still cleaning the house. I figure I'll be done in about 6 months and then start over.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Amber is the most beautiful witch I have ever seen. Of course, she is a GOOD witch. Well, now Summer still has a birthday celebration to look forward to. I can't imagine you dragging out a dead chicken!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thank you Linda for sharing the good things of your day - LD, Amber, Summer and those critters too. Glad the red paint could be scrubbed off.

Bluebird49 said...

Poor Louis and his paint escapades!
The goats are just so earnest looking, aren't they?
Happy Birthday to Summer! Amber made a lovely witch with that smile. I sure hope everyone has a restful Sunday.
<3

BeachGypsy said...

Happy happy birthday Summer from Charleston friends! Hope she feels better real soon. I'd forgotten all about the peacock!!!---was glad to see it again....is there just the one or were there some females too?--I forget. Hope y'all have a lovely Sunday!!

MadSnapper said...

Most definitely a beautiful witch and NOT the Wicked Kind... I love that witch hat. Happy 55th to Summer, you both look so happy in this photo. prayers for her pain relief. I bet those goats thing they were in Heavens Garden, closed in a BUFFET for goats.. if I laid on the floor five minutes I would ache for a week. don't know how our guys do these things but glad they can. I just told bob the Lucy story over coffee today. we both got a laugh and a OMW!!!

Susie said...

Linda, LD needs a large box he can spray paint things in. Good news about Summer getting out. Amber is a beauty. I know the kids love for parents to dress up too. The goats are going to blow up cleaning out the garden stubble. LOL The peacock is pretty.
Ted and I did some thing in the shop yesterday. He sure did not like it, that I made him wearing a mask so as not to breath in dust and dirt. We made two big boxes of fire starters. I started throwing out things too. Ted is a true, "I better keep that, never know when you might need it" kind of guy. AWK. I told him when he is all better , we both are thinning out stuff. Getting older need to think of that. Blessings to you and LD. Love you guys, xoxo, Susie

Estelle's said...

Indeed, Amber makes a very pretty witch! My favorite for Halloween! Happy Birthday to your sweet Summer....wishing you a healthy year ahead! Can you believe we are at the end of October???

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy birthday to Summer! Hope the two of you can get to gather soon to celebrate. Our first born's birth is something we never forget. Glad all went well day 2. the wind is really blowing here this morning and we've had warnings to make sure everything is secure so it doesn't blow away. It also rained all night and is colder here.

Nouman said...

nice work. Top website torrents

Changes in the wind said...

Those goats look like they are in heaven:) Sorry about the chicken. Amber is just beautiful and loved the hat. Glad Summer was able to get out and enjoy her birthday a little and am sure you will do something special with her when you get back. Glad LD got all the paint off the toilet seat:)

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Sounds like the chicken died a natural death. That peacock is gorgeous! Glad the goats could eat in the garden!

Hope LD isn’t too sore today! Your daughters are lovely!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Great shots of the goats and peacock. You and LD sure do lead busy lives--and it sounds like you are both very talented too (him with his music, and you with your art).

Great-Granny Grandma said...

P.S. Amber is surely a very beautiful witch.

Robyn said...

Oh how I wish it were cold enough here to snow. In my part of the South we are 80 degrees and humid still and no break until next week when we will see sixties. I absolutely can not wait. We have had some flu and bronchitis visit us already so I am back up on my feet while hubby is trying to recover. I spent the morning cooking so I didn't have to this week because I have a busy week ahead of me. Tonight I am trying to rest my screaming feet and my brain for a bit.. Have a wonderful week!

Carole said...

We were part of a bird rescue effort this morning. A rainbow lorikeet from a block or so away escaped and flew up into our copper beech tree. It was finally lured down by honey and restored to its cage. A happy ending thank goodness since the family had 3 little girls who would have been upset if anything bad had happened to it. Hve a nice time. Cheers