Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Home Again and a Good Doctor Report for Louis Dean!

Monday we checked out of the hotel and made one last visit to Chandy and Bella.


This time we went to where she works!


Bella works there, too!!
While Chandy sells jobs and runs the office for a carpet/flooring company, Bella works at being cute.
They both do a good job!

It's a good thing her office isn't far from our hotel because they called us to say we had left a pair of glasses behind so we went back to retrieve them and - since we were already just down the street - we stopped at HEB. I love that store!


Then we headed east - taking all of our memories and happiness along with us.


We stopped at Abilene for a late lunch - this time at Red Lobster.
Then we returned to N-Tune Music Store to but yet another tuner.

We made it home before dark! It was about 7:30 when we pulled in and I immediately started watering. Alas, I lost the three big tubs of mums that had survived the summer only to die on the last day of September!

Our AC went out the day we left - September 19th!
It was 90 degrees in the house when we came in. I turned on all the extra window units we have on and then decided to at least TRY the AC. Praise God - it came on!!
The fan was not turning in the outside unit back on the 19th but it's whirling around just fine now.
I turned it off when we went to bed and just shut our door and used the window AC.

This morning we both slept and it was noon when I got out of bed.
But I had already been busy doing my prayer time, calling and checking on Lillian, texting Summer and making doctor appointments and checking on refills for Louis Dean's prescriptions.


Then we went to the appointment with his cardiologist and he got a good report.
He's on Eliquis and she said that ensures he won't have a stroke. I didn't know that.
I just knew it was a heart medicine. He's getting plenty of blood circulation to his feet so that's a relief and something that put my mind at rest.

I'm telling you, Louis Dean has been a happy man all day long.
I was a little surprised because he was bone tired last night when we went to bed.
I guess we can still pop back after we get 10 hours sleep!


He talked to every single person who crossed his path today - whether they wanted to talk or not!
He struck up a conversation with a lady and her daughter and granddaughter in the waiting room and we all sighed when the nurse called 'Chapman.' We weren't finished talking!
He even talked to a couple in the lobby on our way out!
Then he decided to go to Sam's and get a big fat juicy steak to celebrate.
More talking.
Since we were on a roll, we went ahead and got our flu shots - and he quoted a poem to the nurse who gave them to us. He was still talking to her when I left to do my shopping.


He got a hot dog to keep him until dinner time - which would be late since we left the house at 1:00 and it was now nearly 5:00!


The steaks he got were really good!
He bought several and packaged them up individually and I cooked only one for the both of us.
Then we watch a Bull - one of our favorite programs.
He liked this one until the ending threw him off.
It closed with a scene following the caption: 27 Years From Now.
He never gets it when they go from one time to another.
Where will they start next time? I assured him it would go back to normal.


Look what I got in the mail!!!
A Crystal Honey Pot!
It's from the sister-in-law of Amber's college room mate, Lisa, whom we dearly love.
I dearly love Sharilyn, too, and have for a long time!!
We got to know each other through Facebook after she had been reading my blog.
It's a small world when you come right down to it.

Amber and Mike

Speaking of Amber - yesterday was their 13th wedding anniversary!
They are such beautiful people inside and out!



I close tonight with this prayer idea I saw on Facebook yesterday.


I chose 3 people who came to mind who are not on my every single day prayer list.
I chose one of my doctors and then two other people.




18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, it's a wonder you got home before dark, with all the stops you made. As you would say WIN-WIN!! The bee jar is gorgeous! I am so glad that Louis Dean's health is doing so well!! The prayer idea is really good!

Blondie's Journal said...

As always, I'm happy to hear when LD gets a clean bill of help--you take good care of him, Linda!

Love and prayer to you both. Love your sharing travels near and far!

Jane

Bluebird49 said...

Sounds like Louis Dean's visit with Chandy really had ver healthy effects on him! It is wonderful -- family and friend love!!
Love that honey jar, and that Amber and Mike celebrated 13 years...(already?!). Wow!

Kathy said...

So Amber and Mike got married exactly 2 weeks after Joe and I did. It was a good time to marry your sweetheart. Glad you got home safely and that the A/C was working again. Hope you get lower temperatures soon. We are going up to 96 today but then down into the 60s for the rest of the week.

Good news that LD got a good report from the doctor!

Vee said...

That sounds like a fun spiritual experiment.

Louis Dean had such a happy weekend that he has been renewed like the eagle. I am thrilled with his good report as I know all your peeps are.

Sorry about the mums, but perhaps they’ll revive. I had some impatiens that I thought were goners, but they came back.

Hope that the AC stays doing all right.

Have another wonderful October day!

Vee said...

Oh and a blessed and happy belated anniversary to Amber and Mike! They sure have been an inspiration for many!

Susie said...

Linda, This post made me happy...to know you and LD are home safe, had a fun trip, and good dr reports. I imagine LD made a lot of people smile . Happy anniversary to Amber and Mike. They are an awesome pair. Blessings to all, xoxo,love you, Susie

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

A little steak celebration is well deserved. So much to celebrate but especially a good doctors report. Steak is a celebration food for me and don't have it much otherwise. That's a nice way to start your return to home. I got my flue shot last week too. Always better to be safe than sorry. I wish everyone would get them and stop the spread of the flu. Hope you enjoy being at home today. Happy Friday!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Opps. Don't know what I was thinking. It is only Wednesday!

Changes in the wind said...

So glad the AC came back on and you made it home safe and sound. It is a good thing you had a good nights sleep because you put in a very full day. Glad that LD had a good Dr. report and the steak and salad look wonderful.

MadSnapper said...

so glad to hear the good doctor report for LD..yay… yet another busy day for you and so happy the ac came on so you could cool down and get your 10 hours sleep... hope it all works out soon....happy anniversary to Amber and Mike and I LOVE your honey pot.

Deanna Rabe said...

Such a happy and joyous post! Happy Anniversary to Amber and Mike! Hurray for a great doctor visit! Hurray for a stop at HEB!

So glad about your air conditioner!

Chatty Crone said...

I am so glad that Dean checked out great. I didn't know about that medicine ensuring no stroke either. Wonderful. That steak looked so good. Must be nice to sleep as long as you want and then get up - I am not there yet. Happy anniversary to Amber. Love, sandie

Teresa P said...

Glad to hear Louis Dean got a good report from the doctor. I think he is on cloud nine and it shows. I just lost my father in law two weeks ago at age 90 and miss him greatly. He dubbed me years ago with the nickname of "Motor Mouth". So cheers to LD and all of us motor mouths of the world who don't know a stranger!!

Saimi said...

Well, well you're living proof 10 hours of sleep works wonders. I wonder if I could get away with that......yeah, probably not but taking a nap during the day is good too! You sure keep a busy schedule. Shopping, visiting, appointments, visiting, lunch and more visiting not wonder your exhausted when you hit the pillow.

Judy said...

A good news post all around! Happy for the clear bill of health, the AC that fixed itself, and the good time and good food you had on your get-away. Happy anniversary to Amber and Mike. I like the idea of committing to pray for someone regularly for the next three months. :) Prayer changes things.

Carole said...

I enjoy Bull as well. Cheers

Jhon Jack said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great.I really appreciate information shared above. It’s of great help.Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful.
example of assay