Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Tuesday's Treasures!

Monday was a work day from start to finish!
I tackled the den and the laundry. Both were overwhelming.
Finished the laundry and half of the den.
I was so tired I was in bed shortly after 9:30!
Isn't it absolutely amazing how a good night's sleep can restore your strength and enthusiasm for whatever it is you're doing?
I hopped out of bed and made it up instead of lolling around this morning.
I was ready to go and get on with things!


27 days until Christmas!
26 now......
Louis Dean was telling me to slow down, take it easy, you're going to make yourself sick and other such sayings. You know what I told him?? 
"Me and my home is like you and your music. It's what I do."
That made perfect sense to him and he totally gets it now.
All this decorating and cleaning and constant tweaking is my passion. I do it because I love it and I would be miserable to NOT do it.
Yesterday I stayed home all day.......but today was our 'day out.'


The first place we went was to Lovely Nails on Beltline.
Our timing was perfect. We walked right in and sat right down.
That's Trang posing with Louis Dean. She is so cute and sweet. Louis Dean only wants a lady to do his pedicures. Once he said he'd changed his mind about getting one but that was only because they were going to let a guy do his.


It was a fun day and getting our feet taken care of was a great way to start off our Tuesday.


We shopped Texas Thrift Store and Goodwill next - both are on Beltline.
I bought a set of four Pfaltzgraff Winterberry Christmas glasses - which go with the set of goblets I bought last year. A brand new small make up bag for my upcoming trip to Galveston and a Vera Wang bag that I will use instead of my purse and billfold.




I think it will be perfect!


Plus I got this cook top - tunic length with tassel like trim around the hem.
Around 2:00 we stopped at Whataburger for a quick bit of lunch.
We laughed as we talked about the summer nights we used to sit up late on the driveway watering everything. We would get the notion to go to Whataburger and it would be 2:00 in the morning!
I don't think we did that even one this past summer!

From there we drove to Dallas to Dirt Cheap. I wanted to buy a tree for the sewing room but they were all out. We did buy a decorated lamp post light and I'll put that in the gazebo by Louis Dean's chair. It will make a perfect photo prop for when he sings Christmas songs out there for my Tea Party.


I stopped at Aldi and loaded up with lots of tea party things.
Then we came back to Irving to Walmart to get the rest.
Louis Dean is a funny guy about the Dollar stores and Aldi.
For some odd reason he thinks their stuff isn't as good as the regular stores.
But since it's my budget we're working with I get to shop where I want to and he stayed in the car and watched the birds on the parking lot while I was in Aldi. We both went in at Walmart - and filled up two shopping carts! Christmas groceries nearly all bought!


I'm down to the last two rooms in the house + the gazebo and time is running out!
 I said I was one Hallmark Christmas movie away from finishing the den.
And I was! 


Den done and a fire lit to celebrate!

Tomorrow is going to be a tough day - the sewing room!
You can barely even walk through to the French doors and I moved my laptop out to the secretary in the den last week! Louis Dean is going to take all his working debris out so I can sort, organize and put everything back before I clean and decorate. Thing is - I don't have a tree for that room.
We threw out some old ones and used parts of others.
However, I'm not using the big tree anywhere this year so I'm thinking Louis Dean can take the top two parts of and fashion a small tree of of those!
We will see. 
My goal is have the house entirely dressed for Christmas by midnight on Thursday night!


I glazed Santa and have had him in the oven with the light on for a few days now and he is bone dry!
I'm proud of the way he turned out.
There's a tiny bit of sparkle on the tree due to the glitter bows I had on the table while I was painting.
I'll wrap him up good and send him on his way to Donna's house Thursday.
Louis Dean is going to help me package him so he arrives intact.

It's quiet in here in the den as I write.
The fire has burned down and is making gentle sighing sounds much as I am. It's time to go to bed.
Louis Dean retired well over and hour ago.
He was sleepy and thought he'd better get in bed before he woke up good.
Christmas music is playing and everywhere I look from my place here in the den is all pretty and decorated. I'll pick up where I left off tomorrow.

Jutta arrived last night and loves her room and the view as well as the friendly people she's met at Krogers where she went to get some fresh food for the mini kitchen. She's staying at Casa Del Mar which is my favorite on the whole island.
She will have a few days to herself before Summer and I arrive.
She needs these days to breathe and be all to herself.
We all need that from time to time.
So goodnight to all - signing off here!

19 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

You've been so busy! And your new-found treasures are fabulous!!

Looking forward to you posting about meeting Jutta!

Kathy said...

You make me want to clean. But I can't because I am leaving in a few hours for a mini vacation. Hopefully I will get charged up and ready to attack the house when I get back. Everything is so pretty and festive. I'd love to sit by that fire with you. And as always you got some treasures in your travels.

Bluebird49 said...

I know my grandkids would love to trade me in for you! I have become a minimalist about decorating, because I just can't do it any longer! Plus, I don't have fun tea parties.
Tree Santa is beautiful!!

Brenda said...

Love ypur Santa-when I moved to another state and tiny apartment, I gave away most of my Christmas-do with a tiny tree and couple of music boxes! Few little houses! My friend and I collected Santas! Mine are gone now but she keeps up the tradition! I am finding I am loving this ho,I day as less less work and more time to enjoy my crafts and reading!
I love your blog-like reading a journal almost-you have ultimate energy!

Anonymous said...

Your home looks Christmas perfect!

Vee said...

Would you consider bottling some of that spunk, get-er done, and energy? I need some! Sparkle on, my friend!

MimiG said...

So excited, you get to see Jutta soon!! And, I'm excited that you and Summer will have a few Mamma/Daughter days..
Tell Louis Dean to try the Aldi Christmas candy/cookies. Most of it comes from Germany and is delicious! I've had people ask me where they can buy the chocolates I have out at Christmas as it's so delicious..
I've emptied all but 6 of my Christmas bins, hope to do that this afternoon after I get home from my 1/2 day at work. Your home is looking like Christmas for certain...

MadSnapper said...

I never thought about your decorating and house things being like LD's music. it makes a lot of sense. I thought of you and laughed yesterday. I ordered a Charlie brown tree from Amazon, I sat it out and sat the angel out that my DIL sent me, you will love it. and said I am done. UNLIKE Linda is what I said out loud...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It really is a lot of work...cleaning and organizing as you go! But I'm like you, I love working in my house and finding a place for everything! Love that you both got pedicures! Looks relaxing! Enjoy your day! Pace yourself! heehee!

Changes in the wind said...

It is good that you are able to do what your love, clean and decorate. Pedicures for two....perfect.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Whew! Time to take a deep breath ! You have been very busy. I know it's what you love to do, but you have been going at super speed. Hope all goes well with the sewing room. It's not going to be easy at all. Here the decorating is done. I discovered I was missing one of my bins, but didn't want to go out and search for it so it will just have to stay stored away for next year. I am tired and will make do with what I have. Now to cleaning up the mess on the floor and putting those empty bins back away. Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday !

Debby said...

Your home is so wonderful. I honestly want some of your energy and Louis Dean's as well.

Rain said...

Your home looks so cozy and you decorate so beautifully! I love the tea party stash! What a great idea to get his and her pedis!!! :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

Has the sewing room roof been fixed? Did you find out the leak source? Maybe you did, I have been very forgetful lately! Your Santa is just perfect! And he DOES look better with glasses! Only an artist would know that.

Carole said...

Linda, your Christmas header theme is lovely and restrained.... so I'm guessing Amber did it? Good on her. Cheers

Beth said...

I love your blog, Linda. So newsy and so full of love. You and LD definitely live life to the fullest.
One comment re candy canes. If you have dental work, they are sticky and one pulled off/broke my crown! It was an expensive lesson!

BeachGypsy said...

Howdy there Linda, love seeing all the pictures--your home is simply sparkling with holiday spirit!! Love seeing all the decorations. I've been busy doing the same thing, I have to take it one small task at a time, and eventually we get it done, ha ha LOL You get to go see your friend soon, bet you are sure getting excited! Love seeing all your thrift shop goodies too, you always find the good stuff!

Blondie's Journal said...

I know just where you are coming from confronting your den and sewing room. I have a very large room downstairs that I began storing my seasonal decor things in. It has become such a disorganized room that I really and truly can't get through the door until I move things, purge and pack up 1000 items. Then I can get to the mess of bins with Christmas stuff. I should have done this months ago. Grrrrrr...

I love that you and LD do the pedi's together. I love company when I do stuff like that. Which I just recently did and it was quite the fiasco--I have a new post up which will tell you all about it.

I may be a bit like LD when it comes to discount stores and food. I always check the expiration dates and it has paid off a few times. And I only buy name brands. Then again, paper products, party supplies, simple dishes and glassware...the best deals in town!!

Love your new Santa!!!

Jane x

Susie said...

Linda, I am tired tonight as I write this. I just had to visit and tell you I love all the wonderful cozy lightening at your house. I love that music is what LD does and Nesting is what you do. Love it. I want to ask you to read my last two posts,as I am so tired I can not tell you here. Love all of you so much, xoxo, blessings, Susie