Friday, November 30, 2018

Time's Up!!

I have been working as hard as I could to get the house dressed up for Christmas before I leave for Galveston. I've come down to the wire and time's up!


The den is done!


I'm liking it.....


For over a week this was next to being the scariest room in the house!
The sewing room was the very scariest!


I was glad to move on!


I think I skipped showing the laundry room.


This was done right before moving on to the den.

Yesterday I worked on the sewing room and again today so that by 10:00 tonight it was as good as it's going to get.


Only room in the house without a Christmas tree!


After the holidays this room is going to get some hefty repair work!

Today I made a batch of Fruitcake Cookies......


and I used Peach Flavored Whiskey because I was out of rum!
I didn't even think about borrowing some from Stephanie next door!


I used real butter in this batch. Sometimes I use butter flavored Crisco.


And I baked a Chocolate Fudge Crack Cake!
I don't usually eat a lot of sweets but this cake was delicious!
I sliced it and took a tin up to the staff at the home where Reaoma was.


Tonight Pam and I went to the monthly Family Social Evening.
I met Agnes's son and daughter in law and visited a minute with them and with Helen who lives in the room next to where Reaoma lived.

The lady in red playing the guitar is a 92 year old resident here and did the entertainment for us tonight. It was a bittersweet visit....

The Dallas Cowboys played tonight and WON against the New Orleans Saints!
Even Louis Dean was excited! He's a fair weather fan!

Now my time is really up!
Summer will be here to pick me up at 5:00 in the morning and I still need to pack.
I'm gonna have to sleep fast tonight!!


15 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

You are so awesome! Have fun traveling to Galveston and to see the play--and Jutta!

BeachGypsy said...

It all looks so pretty, you did a great job! Your home is 100% CHRISTMAS!! So merry and bright, as they say! You have a wonderful time in Galveston, and safe travels my friend! Take lots of pictures for us okay please? Hope you went to bed early and get a great night's sleep. This week sure went by fast.....can't believe the weekend is here already! Oh gosh, you mentioned butter flavored Crisco.....I remember when that first came out! And do you remember the old tv commercials with Loretta Lynn for Crisco and her frying up her chicken!? Lord have MERCY, how do I get off on these topics!!?? LOl--but do you also remember the commercial where they made Shake and Bake chicken and the little kids says "AND I HELPED!" ha ha

Vee said...

You have earned the prize! Galveston!

I think that you and Pam are amazing. I can most assuredly tell you that most families do not return for any reason. That you women did speaks volumes about you.

Have a wonderful time with Summer and Jutta and soak in all the joy. What fun it will be!

Kathy said...

Have a wonderful time on your trip to Galveston. I want to hear all about it.

mxtodis123 said...

Your house looks fantastic. A holiday fantasy. I love it.

Susie said...

Linda, Your home is ready for all the wonderful Christmas joy. I like all the brightness. Please have a safe enjoyable trip. So nice you went with Pam. Blessings to all, love you, xoxo, Susie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your Santa art on the walls makes everything perfect! You have a lot out but it looks so neat and pretty. I would love to walk around and look at everything. Can I touch everything too? heehee! Hope you slept good and enjoy your trip! Hugs, Diane

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You did such a wonderful job of decorating and I must say it all looks beautiful. Hope you have a good trip to Galveston and enjoy the holidays ! You are ready!

MadSnapper said...

I have an idea. if you ever get short of cash, just open your Christmas House to the public for a small fee. it is ready to show and looks so festive... enjoy your trip and stay safe. glad you got it decorated in time.

Anonymous said...

I think Sandra has a great idea!!!! have a wonderful time away,

Rain said...

Enjoy your trip Linda! :) I LOVE your decorated home, it's so beautiful! It looks like a labour of love! :) Oh those cookies...and that cake, yum!!

Changes in the wind said...

All is bright at your house and now you can enjoy your trip....

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your house looks like one of those big fancy homes that people pay to tour at Christmas time! I would pay to tour it! So much to look at, and you are so good at details.

Cheapchick said...

Your house looks festive - have a great time with your friend!

Carole said...

Sleep fast and well! Have a great trip! Cheers