Friday, September 21, 2012

The Four Faces of Tummy Time


Yesterday Louis Dean and I took care of the quads while Amber and Mike worked.
They NEED to work! Oh, my GOODNESS!!!! The quads are growing and they are drinking a TON of formula!! I swear I can SEE them growing before my very eyes!


Louis Dean is the official BABY HOLDER!!
He spends some time every day holding each one.

We do Tummy Time in the afternoons and it's always fun to see who is doing what!



Kailey Love kicked off one sock and decided to nap!
But she laid claim to her whole mat while doing it!


I don't think Logan was really in the mood for playing!
What do you think?


Trystan enjoyed herself and is smiling and beginning to coo these days!


Harrison is by far the most interactive one at this point!
He bats at the toys, smiles and coos and is so much fun to watch!


Since the quadruplets were in such close quarters before birth they don't seem to mind sharing space with each other!

 

We still aren't using the stove in the camper. Don't ask me why because I don't know.
I stopped by the grocery store on my way to Amber's and picked up the things I needed for a batch of chili. It is so handy to be able to cook our dinner over there and then just pop the casserole in the oven when we get home.
Although by the time we arrived home, did a few things around here and then sat out on the driveway - we thought it would NOT be a good idea to eat chili that late at night!
We snacked on other things but for lunch today I made a mean Frito Pie that was delicious!!

 

This is some of the scenery I see on my way home in the afternoons.
While most of this area is built up there are still many wide open places left!
I don't know what this used to be but I like the Burnt Sienna color.
Reminds me I need to pack my art supplies on my next trip 'Home.'



Can you see me??


I have begun the process of decorating our 'gazebo' area. It's really a canopy like vendors would use at a craft fair or something.
So far I had just unloaded the stuff from the car.


One thing led to another after dark!
I could not resist plugging in a few lights!


This is the Spider Man I found one day in the trash as I was walking Lucy in our neighborhood a few years ago. He's feather light so I hauled him home and have been using him on the front porch every fall since then!


I was SO excited to put up a fall garland and add little lights INSIDE the camper!

I thought I would not be able to do much in the way of decorating this year but I needed to THINK AGAIN!!!
I am loving this new adventure!

We turned everything off last night about midnight and returned to Amber and Mike's to do the night feeds. I like to leave the lights ON! It's like a celebration when the lights are ON!!

My day with the quads is done.
It's Friday and I know Amber and Mike like having time to themselves.
It makes me feel good that Louis Dean likes to have me all to himself in the evenings.


I was driving into the park and as I turned the bend to go to our camper I noticed a man giving his dog a bath.
I knew LD was planning on bathing Lucy but I did NOT recognize him!!
I SHOULD have at least recognized my dog!!

The dog's clean and LD already has his swim suit on so we are heading over to the pool. It's still 90 degrees down here and I think a cool swim is a perfect way to kick off the weekend!!!












13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your posts! You seem to enjoy life so much and always take the good of what's around!

Cheers to you and Louie Dean!!!

Dee said...

I wish I had you decorating enthusiasm...you make it so much fun.I love the choice of names for the quads and like you they seem to be growing. :)

Chatty Crone said...

You seem to be getting into a routine - a sweet routine. So tell me - do they like tummy time?

Amber said...

Sounds like a successful day with a good ending!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

The Quads are getting so big, God bless them! It is wonderful that you and Louis Dean are so much help to Amber and Mike--I know they really appreciate it, and I know you love spending time with those precious babies!

Vee said...

Oh things are looking so cheery and bright. You didn't recognize Louis Dean? Really? That's too funny. What a great tub for washing the dog. Wish I had one for Molly. Keep having fun. Does this mean you get the weekend off for good behavior?

Deb said...

You have anew adventure every day.... Gonna be a warm one this weekend

Bernice said...

I love how you decorate, your storage area for all your decorations must be huge.
LD is one Happy Looking Grandpa. Amber and Mike are so blessed to have you two around:)
And those babies are just to cute.
Enjoy your weekend:)

Kathy said...

Those babies are so sweet. I'm so glad you are constantly posting pictures of them for us.

Love your decorating. You are inspiring me to do more! Lights are a definite possiblity.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Ahhhhh, the cooooooing, by the babies. :-))))) And I am so happy that Harrison is being so interactive. After all, he had a rough start there. His showing all this great progress in the baby stages, is wonderful.

So, you didn't recognize your hubby or your doggie, in the washing station!?! So cute.

And you can not be stopped, when it comes to decorating for the Changing Seasons. If the Wheel Of The Year is turning, Linda is decorating!!!!!!! Love it!

Gentle hugs,
"Auntie"

MadSnapper said...

your life is so full of joy right now, i enjoyed your day and the end of the day bath in a tub is the cutest thing ever.

Carla said...

LOL You do love to decorate. I love it.

Pam said...

Everything just looks awesome! Makes me want to go home and get out my fall decorations and since I did may "fall" cleaning this weekend I probably will. I may even put some pictures on my blog after it's done! I hope you have a great week! Love on them babies! A blog friend in East Texas, Pam.