Tuesday, January 16, 2024

It's a COLD Adventure Here in the Country!

 Sunday morning brought the promised freezing cold temps!

Son Dean took this pic on Sunday...


....and then this one!


We and the cats were hunkered down inside the camper!


Louis Dean is NOT a fan of cold weather!
Hot weather doesn't agree with him either - after being hospitalized with heat exhaustion a couple of years ago. Cold weather is easier to deal with if you have heat! and praise God for our heaters and resources - like son Dean!


We watched church online and stayed warm and cozy in the camper!


It was seriously COLD outside!
As in the teens....


The insides of all the camper windows were covered in a layer of ice.
Louis Dean and I snuggled together in the bedroom and stayed toasty warm through the night.

Monday was even colder and we huddled in the camper all morning.
The temps stayed around 60 to 65 degrees so we were good!


We have a stack of old movies and this was our choice for Monday!


In the afternoon I did some art and based in the companion piece for my son's Barista painting.


Our Monday Night supper!


Louis Dean was a much happier camper!


Feet up! Heater ON!!


And another great movie!!

Tuesday dawned with the ice gone and the landscape back to normal winter mode.
Coffee in the bathroom and then BLTs for a late breakfast.


The ice is gone from the windows and the sun is shining!

We ate and napped and read....
I painted and wrote ....finishing chapter 30 in my memoir.


Louis Dean and I ate leftovers for a hot meal tonight and watched this movie!

The temps will be the coldest yet tonight - 11 degrees!
A warm up will begin in the morning.

It's been bitter cold and hard to prepare meals, clean and stay warm.
We have had our challenges and the one most concerning to me was Louis Dean coughing, choking and congested.

It began when the high winds blew in and kicked up his allergies!
Praise God that he is doing better as I write this journal entry on Tuesday night.

We are all on a journey.....
And it's best to make the most of what we have and the least of what we don't!


And with that I bid you goodnight from the country!

14 comments:

Stacy said...

Yikes! You are nearly as cold as we are up here in PA. Tonight at 8:00 we are already down to 8 degrees, the predicted overnight low, so I'm guessing we will be waking up to temps very near zero. Brrrrr! I'm glad you two can stay warm and toasty in the camper. Be careful!

Debby said...

It sounds like you’re doing everything to stay warm and while still enjoying yourselves. I’m surprised it’s that cold in Texas! It’s cold here but it’s winter. Our lows are in the mid 40’s. Our daytime highs were not much higher and today no sunshine. Oh well. God bless you and Louis Dean.

Wanda said...

Oh we were watching the news and all the cold you are facing!! So glad you were able to stay snuggled by the heaters. You life is one big adventure, isn't it!! But that is life, a daily adventure. I haven't posted lately, not because there is noting to post, but hate to post without pictures, and I haven't been able to get any lately. So I will enjoy everyones posts until I find something worthy of sharing.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Make the most of what we have, and the least of what we don't. I LOVE it! It is to be 9 degrees here tonight. I'm so glad Louis Dean is better. Do you know what allergies he has, has he had allergy tests? We saw the Butch Cassidy movie at the theater when it first came out, back in prehistoric times!

Donna said...

You're probably home by the time you read this...Hope LD feels better! Nasty stuff...
I had to miss a doctors appointment Tuesday because of the ice...I wish Spring would hurry up!!
hugs
Donna

Anonymous said...

Remember that we lose a lot of our body heat through our heads so a nice winter cap goes a long ways towards staying warm, even inside. Now that I am old my neck gets cold too. Our high here will be 25 today; 16 degrees now. Stay warm and cozy!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you are able to stay warm there. It's been very cold here too.We won't have a warm up until the beginning of next week. We will be in the 30's then, above freezing. It will seem like a heat wave compared to the temps we have now. Oh to be warm again, I'm so looking forward to Spring!

BeachGypsy said...

Brrrrr! Take care of yourselves and stay warm! Those pictures made me shiver!!! Especially the window freeze

Rita said...

Sounds like just staying warm has been a challenge when you are out in the country. Goodness! You have had some great movies to watch, though! Wow! All of them classics in my mind.

We aren't supposed to get into double digits until a week from now. I am grateful to be inside and warm. Bundle up and stay safe and warm, you two!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe go home and warm up
Must be freezing there my friend Brenda

photowannabe said...

Yikes...that's too, too cold for me. I'm so glad you have got the heaters and can snuggle down beside them. Also glad that LD is doing better. Feeding him that yummy pot roast will cure just about anything.
Love your coffee bar painting. I know your son will love it.
Take care and stay warm. This is a good time of rest and slowing down the pace a bit. It can really recharge the batteries.
Sue

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

It seems that cold weather is everywhere right now and glad you two have been staying in, keeping snug and watching films. Hope that Louis Dean will be feeling better too.

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Love "Make the most of what we have, and the least of what we don't."
The winter pictures at the top of your post are so pretty, and I see you have some good oldies in your movie collection.
It's been getting frigid here as well and from my window it looks slippery down below from melted snow. I am so paranoid about slipping on ice and falling that I haven't been out for two days, but tomorrow I need to brave it and at least go down and get my mail.

Debbie said...

i thought you were talking about the outside temperatures "The temps stayed around 60 to 65 degrees so we were good!" but now i get that this is inside the camper!! i'm glad the temperatures improved, it is bitter cold here in new jersey today!!

i have not seen on golden pond in years, that is such a good movie!!

love the meme, i must think about that every day!!