Monday, January 22, 2024

I'm Still in Christmas Mode....

 The weather has warmed up nicely now and the dogs were at the door to the front room requesting treats!


For the first year the mops were here - I couldn't give them treats as they were still in training.
Now all three grand dogs line up for a 'hand out' from their Grandma!
Salami for these three.


Horses, too!
Apples and celery for them.


Chicken Little has been up ever since we arrived on December 30th!
I always have a little something to throw out to her, too!
No ducks today and that's okay!
After they visit we always need to wash off the porch!

I cooked a really good full meal for us on Sunday using the grill for the chicken, crock pot for the dressing, large crock pot for the cabbage casserole and the toaster oven for the sweet potato casserole.


So good!!!
Took all day to cook it but that's okay.
Life is pretty simple here.

I woke up this Monday morning with a head cold.
I did have the 'crud' with lots of coughing and hacking.
Now that's gone but I'm sneezing and using Vicks and my Netti pot and handfuls of tissues! 

And rain!


A LOT of rain!


I worked on this painting again yesterday and today I did some more work on it.
One more session will finish it up but I must allow it to dry first.
Oils take a long time to dry.
Hopefully I can go back to do another session on Jesse's Coffee painting tomorrow.

When we go home - whenever THAT happens - the house will still look just as it did on Christmas Day!

Perhaps that's why I'm already thinking about the Santas for this year!
I'll be painting a Santa for each of my three oldest grandchildren - Sam, Faith and Levi per their request! I'm so thrilled that they WANT one!

I plan on giving them their Santa for their birthdays with the first one being Faith's in June, Sam in September and Levi in October.

I've been browsing through some possibilities.....













So many Santas......

I am closing tonight's journal entry with a prayer request for our dear friend, June.
She is in the hospital and it doesn't look good.


Here she is on Christmas Eve before going to the candlelight service at church.
Praying for her daughters, Kimmy and Tracy, and sister Tommie, and all her family.
She is so special to so many of us.....



16 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so sorry about June! It looks like it was sudden? I will pray for her. I love your red truck painting! And my choice for the Santa would be either one in pink! It is so lovely and unusual. How on earth did you catch something out in the country? I hope you continue to improve!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Seems as though all the critters are demanding your attention ...and food ha-ha Hope your cold is better soon and I will pray for June. She looks like such a dear.
Bye for now.

Anonymous said...

I love your red truck painting! Whatever Santa you choose to paint will be wonderful, I know!
I love the mops and the goats. I'd love to live out in the country. I did growing up, but we only had dogs and cats, as far as I remember. My brother said Daddy had a horse and buggy when he was born -- he is 10 years older than I.
I hope you get rid of your sniffles and y'all get to stay as long as you want!
Love, Trudy

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Your friend June will be in my prayers, along with her family and friends (you). It's so hard to say farewell to beloved friends. (((Hugs))). Love the red truck painting so much! That is beautiful! And yes, you do have a lot of choices for Santas! Wow! I am sure you will make each one very special with your own unique flourishes. What a blessing to have such a gift! I do hope you feel better really soon! Take care and enjoy the critters and country life while you can!

MadSnapper said...

Sorry to hear June is in hospital, that doesn't sound good at all. when choosing the santas, think about what they have in their house, like what goes best. that is a lot of painting. LOVE those grand pups at the door and would like all of them at the door. except ducks and geese, we had 4 ducks in our pool yesterday. i shooed them out of the yard laughing so hard i could hardly say shoooo, the 4 of them waddling at warp speed in a strait line, got to the fence and lifted straight up in the air. they are so precious but they make a mess

Rita said...

So sorry about your dear friend June. Yes--prayers!
I just love the Santa truck painting.
I like the first three Santas because they look like Santas you would paint and so well. They all have that up close and personal feel to them. Whatever you choose your grands will love them!
Sorry you have caught a bug. Hope it is gone soon.
Love the critters that come by for treats. I would be feeding everybody treats, too--lol! ;)
Stay warm and feel better. :)

Deanna Rabe said...

Prayers for June! Bless her!

We are warming up and will have rain this week. I'm glad to have that rather than snow. How fun that your grands want their own Santa paintings! I love the ones that look like English Father Christmas!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Hope you feel better soon and LD doesn't catch it too.
Love the painting you are working on. You are so talented. (I think I must have told you that before.)
My favorite of the Santas is the last (pink) one.
Just said a little prayer for June and her family.

photowannabe said...

((( HUGS )))
Prayers for precious June and her entire family. This time of life is difficult but holding on to the Lord's hand does make it easier.
Praying for you and your cold too and that LD will not get it.
I do hope you can stay at the ranch for as long as you want. Its so good for you..with all the critters to love and your projects to keep you busy and happy.
Love all of those Santas. Its hard to choose.
Sue

Susie said...

Linda, Prayers for your dear friend June. Praying is so many times, all we can do...but it's the best thing too. Take care and get well and hope LD does not catch what you have. I think that is so nice the children want your art work. Blessings to all, xoxo,love, Susie

Anonymous said...

Praying for Miss June!

salemslot9 said...

I said a prayer for your friend.

I hope you & your husband feel better soon.

Dinner looks darn tasty.

I want to feed that pony.

I like Santa reading.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'll pray for June and her family too. It sure can be sad for everyone. Love all of your Santas that you can choose from. Enjoy your week!

Linda said...

For some reason I am not receiving comment notifications in my email now. Hope I can fix this!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Sad news to read about your beloved friend, June, and I know that lots of prayers and well wishes are being sent her way, Linda. Your all-day cooking wounded and looked good and leftovers are always the best part of cooking. The gift-laden truck is wonderful and I hope you plan on making it a future card too! So many wonderful Santa images to choose from for your grands gifts. perhaps you could ask them each if there's a preference. Glad you are feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Linda would you share your dressing recipe please. Dee