Friday, January 5, 2024

Relax - Refresh - Recharge

We have been here a week now and it has been wonderful!
At first I 'nested' in the front room before moving on to the bathroom.
 

During the winter the bathroom is the coziest place down here what with that wonderful Dearborn heater.
When my siblings and I were little, we envied the Dearborn heater in our mother and stepfather's room.
We didn't have any heat in the little house in the back yard and in later houses, we had that open flame type with the cream-colored cotton looking backing. 
It seems to me like winters were extra cold back then.


We really upgraded when Louis Dean built this nice large bathroom!
Our place has come a long ways since we pulled the camper down here in 2013 and started putting down roots!


I decorate with what I love and what makes me happy!


This is the back of the shower and can be easily taken down if at any time we need to repair something else. The metal signs are all from my son, Jesse, and serve as good learning tools as beekeepers.
Yes, we still have three hives and I hope we can do a hive inspection while we are here this month.


Our privacy curtain!


My closet!


The walls aren't all finished out and everything is 'rustic' and we love that!


Quaint and quirky! 


Louis Dean has his 'shop' room right next door to the bathroom - this area is built out behind the camper so when I am in my girl bunk - I can hear what he's doing in there.


It's important that he have a space where he can do whatever he wants!


He spends many a happy hour organizing and rearranging his tools and things.


I have been whacking denim!
My friend, Marie gave me a tub full of already whacked jeans and even a stack of squares she had cut out! These are all 'stretch' jeans and I added a stack I had to it and now have enough to make three quilts!
AND I binged watched Season 2 of Reacher while I was at it!


Nice and tidy and ready to go back in the truck to take home with me.


I'm including this photo of Louis Dean eating his dinner last night because I think it's funny!
Can you see what I see?
Wires coming out the top of his head!


Coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon and wine in the evenings.
Candles lit all day long.



10 comments:

Wanda said...

COZY~COZY~COZY. You have the knack of making everything warm, friendly, and cozy! That's a gift.

What a wonderful thing that you have a Ranch to hideaway in!

That's a lot of denim, and soon someone will enjoy your quilts!

HaHa, I love that Louis Dean is "wired" for service!!

Sending love and hugs!

Debby said...

I love it and Louis Dean is being recharged! Fun post. πŸ˜„

Deb J. in Utah said...

So glad that your year is off to a good start. Looks like you are thoroughly enjoying your time in the country. Have a good weekend. See you again soon!

Rita said...

You really do enjoy your country time. It does look cozy and inviting. :)

MadSnapper said...

I did not see the wire until you mentioned it and had to go back and there it is in plain sight. i looked at the food, ha ha. your privacy curtain reminded me of something I wanted to say in another of your post a couple days ago. I love all the little curtains you have here and there. I always wanted a log cabin with a kitchen that had curtains instead of doors on cabinets, love that look. love cozy and warm. so happy you are down in your country home and doing well. LD looks and sounds really good.

Donna said...

It looks like y'all are enjoying your stay at the ranch!
Have fun!
hugs
Donna

Anonymous said...

I love your cozy and inviting little ranch home😘♥️It’s so relaxing to see all of the loving touches you add! You make quilting look so easy!! I hope you were able to use the jeans Leeanne and I brought you!! Chris was going to throw them out or take them to the goodwill and I snatched them up🀣🀣🀣 We love you lots! Be safe and well😘😘😘

photowannabe said...

Linda, you have created the perfect little cozy Nest for you and Louis Dean.
I can see that he is going to be completely "ReCharged" being at the ranch. Haha
I think we all need our own SPACE to just hunker down.
Keep enjoying your time there.
Sue

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I think you have him plugged in! hahaha! Love seeing where you both work with your creative endeavors! Enjoy your weekend!

Brenda said...

I am late to blog reading. I am going back and reading your blog from the beginning. It is like reading a memoir or a novel…fantastic…amazing… brenda