Saturday, February 1, 2020

Our Bonus Saturday at the Ranch!

This morning Sherry came down on her tractor and got right down to business plowing up the ground for our garden!


I love watching her work that tractor!
She's really good at him.





Louis Dean was like a kid in a candy store - he was watching wide eyed as a little child!


This photo should have come first as she FIRST moved all the firewood.


I fixed us a hearty country breakfast for our lunch and we ate at the table in the front room where we could watch Sherry tractor.


Then Louis Dean couldn't stand it until he got out on the deck where he had a better seat.


This was so much fun!


Ranch cat......


he was fascinated by all that overturned dirt.
So were the horses later on.



All done!


Blue kept a close eye on his mistress.


He is such a pretty dog.

It's been a really good bonus day here in the country.
While Louis Dean organized and loaded the truck...... I did some housekeeping in the camper.
Changed the sheets on the girl bunk and vacuumed. Cleaned the sinks and put in fresh Glade plug ins.


Then I moved on to the front room......
I used  the new red and black tablecloths I picked up at Hobby Lobby after Christmas.


I had a candle lit on the table beside the green chair earlier this afternoon and Louis Dean came in and tripped his way across the room without actually falling down.
However, he did knock over that candle sending wax all over the chair cushion and the tablecloth.
That took some time to clean up.

So I guess we are just about ready to pack up and go home tomorrow.
But we get one more night's sleep here in the country.


19 comments:

Vee said...

Just how big is that Texas garden? 🌽πŸ₯•πŸ§…πŸ₯¬πŸ₯’πŸ₯¦πŸ§„πŸ‘¨πŸΌ‍πŸŒΎπŸ‘©πŸΌ‍🌾

Sorry about the wax and very glad that Louis Dean didn’t take a tumble. Happy Trails Home!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This looks like the most exciting day of your visit, so awesome that you did not leave when you had first planned to! Your table is country beautiful!!

Saimi said...

I love your country visits. How fun watching your garden in the making and you're right she sure is handy with that tractor. I'm surprised Your farm boy didn't climb on top of that tractor and I'm sure glad he didn't hurt himself when he tripped up. Farm kitty looks like two cats we once had. The first one we named Boots and when he passed on, our second one we all named Boots but we called him Bootsie. They both were so identical in personality and looks. It's as if Boots one was reincarnated haha. Your table is very homey and cozy.
Enjoy your trip home.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Looking forward to what happens next time you visit Linda - all that lovely plowed space !
Hugs.
Joy

MadSnapper said...

have a safe drive home. I am thinking the cat was finding small critters in the turned up dirt. Blue is sooooo beautiful. love his face. would like to watch the tractor and/or drive/ride on it.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad your last day came with some sunshine and plenty of time to pack up for the trip hone without any hurrying. Now it will be already for your return. Good news here today, the groundhog says it will be an early Spring!

Changes in the wind said...

That was a lot of dirt turned over, surely not that big of a garden but will wait and see. Wishing you a safe trip home.

Susie said...

Linda, You and LD love to garden so going back to the ranch this spring and summer will be even more exciting. Glad he did not fall down. Yikes. Hope you have a safe trip home. Keep getting stronger girlfriend. Blessings to all, xoxo,love, Susie

photowannabe said...

How wonderful to have things plowed for your garden. It's going to be fantastic for you.
So sorry about all the candle wax though...glad LD wasn't hurt too. That's not the way to end your special time at the Ranch.
Safe drive home.
Sue

Wanda said...

Linda...I think I'm a country girl at heart. I did grow up with chickens, a pig, a goat and a huge garden that was my dad's pride and joy. We ate so good and so healthy. Then I went to Bible College and fell in love with a City Boy from Southern CA. The rest is history. You can take a girl out of the farm, but you can't take a little farm out of the girl.
Love your farm stories...they warm my heart.

Don't you hate cleaning up WAX I love candles and have had to do that several times.

Enjoy the game!!

Sue said...

I just love visiting with you especially at the ranch, Linda. Seeing the soil tilled makes me homesick for our garden. We will start next month with potatoes and early english peas. Don't you just love to smell freshly turned soil.
I bet you all will be taking more trips back to the ranch now!
Cats are so curious, I wonder if he was hoping a critter would run out. ~wink~
Your place looks so cozy, and that is my kind of breakfast! Thanks for visiting, have a safe trip back.
Blessings,
Sue

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love that you are already getting the garden plowed. Spring really is just around the corner.

Rain said...

Lucky you to have time in the country! I'm excited to see how your garden will turn out! Oh that breakfast!!! :)

Anni said...

....I was among all the crazy driver's here in Corpus (of course nothing like yours in the Dallas area) but, I must say I envy your country living!!

Carole said...

That's a big garden = is Sherry going to help you with it? cheers

Buttercup said...

I'm as far from a country girl as can be, but every time I look at your posts I'm ready to buy a plane ticket and come visit.

jujupage1 said...

What a lovely way to spend an extra day in the countryside. The cat and dog are so cute.

Debbie said...

i know you are so happy here, and i am always happy when you are here!! breakfast looked awesome and i am shocked tat ld did not push sherry right off that tractor!!! hehehehe

Debbie said...

* that