Saturday, February 15, 2020

Catching Up - Again! Book Fair, Water, Valentines and the Crud ~ Wednesday - Saturday

Wednesday was busy at the book fair.
We spent a good bit of time gathering up the books on the teachers wish lists and checking them out.
It's a successful book fair when every teacher had all their lists fulfilled and every child in the school went home with at least one book. It's possible we may have missed one but we sincerely hope not.



Summer suprised us with a visit and she came bearing Valentines for the kids!
She has been under a lot of stress lately - more than usual.
Trying to get the referrals all to the right places is like pulling hens teeth!
She was in tears - she was THAT frustrated!
Then in ran Harrison who gave her the best hug.
She told him she really needed that and that she loved him.
He said, "I love YOU more!"
Now she had happy tears.
Aunt Summer is very special to them and they are special to her.
Sometimes you just need a hug.

Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday were dark, cloudy rainy days.
72 hours without the sun.
By Tuesday night I knew the den was wet in the far corner by the organ.
I moved everything and threw down a bunch of towels and walked on them to absorb some of the water. 


Wednesday morning I put them in the washing machine and sucked up some more water with my Rainbow vacuum cleaner. We have had so much water in the den before that this time was no big deal. Louis Dean is down to this one last are to install a drain and sump pump and then we should be in the clear.

Thursday was the last day of the book fair and the fair was actually only open until 11:30.
Then we worked like crazy tearing it all down and packing everything up.


We stopped at 1:30 to go to the class Valentines Day party.
The kids did their own Valentine boxes.


And they all wore the outfits Aunt Summer got for them!


I loved their boxes! See the heart pencil sharpener on the apple? 
Trystan made those for her teachers.


And they each had different Valentines....
This is Logan's and she had an extra one for me!


Look who went to school with me on Thursday!
I told him he would have a good time and he did!


After the party we went back to our boxing up.
Many hands make light work.
Amber, Louis Dean, Carol the librarian and I....


After the school bell rung, the quads came in and helped pop the balloons!
They loved it and it took all of maybe 5 seconds!


And just like that - the book fair is over!
The school goes through 5th grade so we have three more years and I know each fair will be better than the one before!


By 5:00 Thursday evening I was in my fleece night gown and long socks with a glass of wine and my feet up. I know that looks like a big wine glass but it's actually a small one....filled nearly full so I didn't have to get up and pour another one! It's just 7 oz! I always use a small glass so I can refill it!

I have stayed in my night gowns ever since I got home on Thursday.
And I stayed in bed pretty much all day Friday and today (Saturday).

I guess my resistance was low and I am still recovering from the surgery so it should not have surprised me I got sick. I handled so much money at the cash registers and I must have caught a bug.
Someone told me that school children are little petri dishes!
Next year I will have a bottle of hand sanitizer right by the cash register!

Sherry was with us several nights this week while she was working in the office here in Irving.
She even made breakfast for us Friday morning before she left!
We will be going back to the ranch for a few days next week.
They have had a lot of rain just as the DFW area has.


Dean took this photo today.
He titled it 'Oops!'


This is the mud tank!
And that's Remmie and Ruger.

So that catches me up again!
I still haven't opened Louis Dean's Valentine to me. 
I'm hoping tomorrow I feel better and won't be such a dud.
He's feeling kind of lonesome since I was at school for three days and then he went with me the fourth and now I have been in bed for two days.


I will be back to my normal self soon......but until then.....I'll stay right here in my bed!


14 comments:

Kathy said...

You had such a good book fair and now you have to rest and recover. Hope you are feeling better each day. Poor Summer. I'm glad she got a hug. She needed it.

Deanna Rabe said...

Oh I’m sorry you got sick! Hope you’re feeling better!

I hope everything gets worked out for Summer. That is so stressful!

Bluebird49 said...

It's true, schools are living viruses! The kids are growing so fast!!I
You don't weigh enough to soak up much water walking on towels!
I hope Summer's situation changes soon and for the better. Poor girl!
I'm sure Louis misses you, but hopefully he stays out of the kitchen while you're away! 😄
It's not great weather, so he can't work outside as he likes. He'll have you to himself at the ranch!
Sure hope you are well now, you've recovered so well up to this! Have a great week

Susan said...

You have a pretty back ground. I agree, lots of rest in comfy pjs,

MadSnapper said...

silly goat, I bet it was hard to get his head back inside. the library looks a little sad without all the gorgeus jungle things.. sorry you got sick, and I just saw on tV this week that we should be wary of doorknobs and MONEY, the two things that carry the most germs, of course petri dish children holding money ups the chance you will catch something. sorry Summer is stressing and that makes her pain worse to... love your socks

Arlene G said...

What a fun week and great memories for the quads. Hope you are up and around agin soon. That would wear me out and I did not have a recent knee replacement. We are headed to Grimmwood on Thursday! And the sun will be shining there on Friday so win win. Thanks so much for the sweet Valentine. I loved the flowers on the front. It looks like a painting. I am saving it to use as a bookmark. XOXO

Carol said...

I am so thankful that you enjoyed the book fair so much! I am also thankful that you were able to do it following knee surgery. I hate that you are sick and in bed, but rest can be just what you need!!

Changes in the wind said...

Those Valentine boxes were so cute and thoughtful and how wonderful that Summer came. Sorry you caught a bug and hope it goes away soon. LD is a good sport and hopefully he won't catch the bug as well. Happy late Valentines Day:)

Susie said...

Linda, My heart is hurting for Summer. God love her, she has always been so strong, but sometimes everyone has to cry. I believe Harrison's sweet hugs had to have helped her. I loved seeing all the photos. Oh yes, as cute and sweet as kids are, they are germ carriers. They sometimes fight those germs off better than us older ones. Take care. Blessings to all of you, hug Summer for me. xoxo,love you guys, Susie

photowannabe said...

Hand sanitizer next to the cash reg. is the perfect idea. so sorry you are under the weather..
Jammies, wine and your beloved LD...let the healing begin.
Sometimes just stopping is the best solution..
Love those socks too.

Praying for you, Summer and LD.

Be well enough so you can enjoy the ranch.
Sue

Wanda said...

Oh Linda, I feel for you...you do so much even when you are not 100%, It's how you live your life, and are such an inspiration.

The quads are growing into such lovely Young People. How precious Harrison's love for his Auntie Summer.

This year of caregiving is catching up with me some too, and I am still in my nightgown, although I did stick on some lipstick. haha.
We watched John MacArthur's Grace to You service and enjoyed it a lot. I think by tomorrow...my batteries will be recharged. Life goes on...tomorrow we see the pacemaker doctor to schedule Don't new pacemaker device. For now...love and hugs

Carole said...

Running on empty ... you must need to rest at home for a bit. I recommend a hot toddy - don't know that it helps really but you will forget about things for a while - brandy (or whiskey) 2 dissolving aspirins, lemon juice, honey and hot water. Kia kaha

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You did so great helping out at the book fair....I'm so sorry you got sick! Take care of yourself and just keep resting until you feel better. I like the recipe Carole shared....I need to remember that! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Do this hack to drop 2lb of fat in 8 hours

Well over 160000 women and men are trying a simple and secret "liquid hack" to burn 2lbs each night as they sleep.

It's very easy and works on everybody.

You can do it yourself by following these easy steps:

1) Go grab a drinking glass and fill it with water half full

2) And now follow this crazy hack

and you'll be 2lbs lighter the next day!