Saturday, September 7, 2019

Ranch News!

There's always something exciting happening down here at the ranch!
The fun part is - I never know what it's going to be. From new critters to new adventures to all sorts of things. Yesterday Dean and Sherry bought a deck! A big deck with a cover on it!


It arrived this morning on a trailer.
They had gone over and helped load it and now it was being delivered.


I love seeing the action!


It's a pretty impressive already built deck with a tin roof.


It will be installed right under the overhang of the house.
It even came with steps and railing.
It was just too hot to finish the deal today.
100+ once again and we took shelter inside under the AC.
Or at least I did.
Louis Dean went to Waco this morning to get fencing material and he was gone until well after 2:00.
I had started working on my art and when he got home we both went in to take a nap.


I see all manner of strange stuff here.
I think these two needed a bit more privacy.


I had so much fun painting my first donkey with wine that I'm doing another one for a friend.


Sweet painted buntings......I shall soon paint four buntings in a row for a dear friend.
She's the one who sent me the link to the artist who painted the donkey!


I'm all about bees these days....


And I finished the Santa for Deanie - to replace the dark Santa I could NOT redeem!

It's been a good Saturday in the country and we have one more day!
That's good because I have four more Santas to work on!

And now it's time to go out and watch the stars. 
No campfire since we are in a burn ban.
After the sun goes down you can actually enjoy being outdoors.




22 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Lovely day. Thank you for sharing Linda. Sleep well.
Hugs.
Joy

Ginny Hartzler said...

I had no idea you could actually buy an entire deck with a roof and steps!! That is so cool! Your Santa is amazing, such beautiful detail. His beard looks so real! Your bee is my next favorite.

MadSnapper said...

that is the coolest sight I have seen in a long time. who knew a deck could be delivered already completed. now the PRACTICAL side of me is thinking, I hope they tie it down so it will not blow away.... I love that donkey painting

Vee said...

That’s the smart way to build a deck! Wow, you are turning out paintings at a great clip. The birdies are darling! Enjoy your time there, which goes without saying... 🤠

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a nice deck and that will be fun to spend time at! Love your Santa and the little birds in a row. You are SO talented! I'm still sketching a little every day. Need to get some paints going too! Hugs!

Susie said...

Linda, Now that's the way to get a deck built fast. Love it. You will all enjoy that. Your art work is beautiful. I would love to see a painted bunting in person. We used to have the Indigo buntings around here. Glad you are resting and doing art.. Blessings to all, xoxo,love you, Susie

Changes in the wind said...

WOW for the deck!! and your painting look fantastic.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I didn’t know you could buy a deck already made! So cool.

I’m glad you’re able to stay inside the a/c during the hottest part of the day.


I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We used to light citronella candles in the fire pit when we could burn camp fires. It helped to keep the misquotes away. I'm going to try to get the fall decorating done this afternoon. It's cool, mid 70's here and a good time to get things out of the storage shed. Next week will be warmer so today's my last cooler day to get it done . Faill is in the air in Ohio today! Enjoy Sunday. That deck looks great and so nice it came with a roof. It would look nice in front of your camper too.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

When we could NOT burn Camp fiires that is... Love all you paintings and am glad you are getting so much done!

photowannabe said...

Wow on that ready-made deck...how awesome that will be to sit on.
Your paintings are magnificent.
Cheers for your Santa...love his beard especially.
You are one talented lady.

Chatty Crone said...

I had no idea you could a deck with a roof and steps already made and ready to go!! Cool! Your Santa is beautiful. Amazing detail. Love your bee too. sandie

Rain said...

I learned something today, you can buy a deck! That thing is awesome. Beats building one! ;) Your art is so lovely, I love that donkey and the Santa is awesome! :)

Sue said...

Sounds like perfection to me, I would love to be able to paint like you, your santa is spectacular, Linda.
Having a deck ready built sounds awesome to me, it looks great, too!
Have a great week.
Sue

Hootin Anni said...

Like a pre-fab house...this is just plain awesome. A deck within hours. And your art? Always a treasure of talent.

NanaDiana said...

OMGOODNESS! I think that is my favorite Santa EVER! He is just gorgeous, Linda. You do such a good job.
LOL- about the privacy. Those are praying mantis, right? Doesn't she murder him right after mating? lol I know some PEOPLE that should have done that. lol
Have a wonderful night. xo Diana

ps-GREAT deck-never saw anything like that here.

Carole said...

What a great idea for getting a deck! Just watched Nadal win the Open - such a great match. Cheers

Saimi said...

impressive, a ready made deck! Your paintings are impressive as well. How relaxing to be in the country painting and napping. I love napping haha! We had a wild storm last night. After the Thunder and lightening show, we had rain lots of rain. It's so nice having the windows open while its raining. We always seem to sleep better with a cool breeze and the sound of rain fall.
Glad you enjoyed your time in the country!
Have a good week!
Saimi

Nancy Chan said...

Love your paintings. So true, the country is good for us.

The Feminine Energy said...

Even your "ordinary" days sound wonderful, Ann. I was glad to read about you relaxing a bit with your beautiful artwork. It's good for the body, mind and spirit, isn't it. Love, Andrea xoxo

jujupage1 said...

Your paintings and artwork are always so good! 😊

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Your paintings are lovely. I especially like that sweet little trio of birds.