Sunday, September 15, 2019

Celebrating Birthdays!

This has been such a good Sunday!
We love being a part of Fellowship Church Grapevine and being in church on Sunday makes me happy. We haven't found a church to attend in the country yet but I haven't given up.
We came home and watched the first half of the Dallas Cowboy vs Washington Redskins game.
The competition and camaraderie between our two teams go way back.
I remember one game Summer and I attended at the new stadium where both teams were lined up.
The Cowboys made a good run and I yelled, "Come on, BABY!!! RUN!!"
The Washington Redskin fan that was in front of us turned around and said, "Man! I like that! Calling him 'Baby!'" It was a fun game and we can all be cheering our teams without being hateful about it.

Louis Dean recorded the game and we left at 2:00 to drive to Murphy, Texas for a birthday party.
The Dallas/Fort Worth area is HUGE and you can easily drive an hour or so and still consider that 'local.'


It was our family friend's birthday.
As we were gathering around to watch him blow out the candles - 
someone noticed his name was 'Gerard.'
Oops!! His name is Gerald!!
We all had a big laugh about that and the cake was delicious!


He was such a good sport!


Our gift was a jar of Wildflower Honey and some Fruitcake Cookies.


This is Dee - the birthday boy's sweet wife and my friend.


Dee is Patrick's mother and Patrick is Nita's daughter, Leah's. husband.
Yesterday they celebrated their 6th wedding anniversary.


This is me and Logan at the wedding.

So that makes Dee a family friend!


Nita and Mike make such a beautiful couple.


Mother/Daughter Beauties!

We all mingled, munched and had a great time together.
I had gone to the bathroom when I heard an ukulele. 


Some of the younger grandchildren were gathered around Gerald's computer and they were playing music.


It didn't take a second strum of the strings to get Louis Dean's attention!
It was a great party!!!

When we were all about to leave, I walked Nita, Mike out and they gave me my early birthday presents since I will be at the ranch on the 24th. That's the Bee Meeting!


And what should I open but a string of Bee Lights!!!
How cool is THAT???
Only Nita could find something so perfect!


And that's not all!!!
I got a Cat Shirt - a BLACK Cat Shirt!


And another super cool shirt that I shall wear until after Halloween.
Actually, Nita gives me a new fall shirt every year - sometimes TWO!
I now have enough that I can wear a different shirt every day of the week!

And that STILL wasn't all!!!



She gave me a cookbook using HONEY instead of sugar!!

It was such a fun day!
We came home and finished watching the game.
The Cowboys are looking really good!

I still have art set out and I am about to go in and paint for an hour or so before we close out this Sunday.


I'll close tonight's journal entry with this cool shirt that I saw on Facebook.
I may need to get Louis Dean one of those!!!

18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

You need to get this shirt for Louis Dean, I bet he would love it! What wonderful presents you got! I wait to see where you hang the bee lights.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

A wonderful day . Great shirts too!
Hugs.
Joy

Bluebird49 said...

Nita picks out such thoughtful, beautiful gifts. Your dance card is always full, girl! <3

Carol said...

Those gifts are perfect for you and lovely as well. I think the Halloween shirt is such an interesting gift for you.

Vee said...

That shirt is perfect! Too much fun. Your sister really does know how to scout out the perfect gifts. It’s always fun to honor a friend and see friends and family. Sounds like a terrific day.

MadSnapper said...

love that shirt and your new shirts are perfect. I can't wait to see where you put those cool bee lights. what will they invent next? your gifts were all perfect for you, she knows you well.. big smile on the misspelled name. sounds like a perfec birthday party with friends and family

Chatty Crone said...

I love, love, love those new shirts. How nice to celebrate birthdays - that is so much fun. sandie

Nancy Chan said...

Beautiful photos. You have received some lovely shirts. That is a great T-shirt for Louis Dean.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What a fun day!

photowannabe said...

Wow...that photo of your Hubby...he sure cleans up real good..haha...that photo is terrific. He's one handsome fella you've got there.
That looks like a wonderful party full of family love.
Awesome gifts for you too...especially the bee lights.
Funny mistake on the cake...bet it still tasted good.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Birthday parties are such wonderful fun! I think WE SHOULD CELEBRATE with people while we can not at their funerals. It's always aad that I don't celebrate with some of my relatives until it is at a funeral and then it's a whole different occasion. Life is to be celebrated! I love your early birthday gifts. They are perfect for you. How thoughtful of her. Honey is fast becoming an important part of your life. They say it will help you to live longer too!

Judy said...

A fun celebration...with gifts all around! Keep celebrating life!

Susie said...

OMG, that is L shirt. LOL. Love it. Made me think of the shirt Ted got for a gift to wear fishing. It says "The Rodfather" on it. Some t-shirts are just fun for our guys.
What a fun time at the birthday party. I bet LD was loving seeing the kids pick up music like they do. Plus those are wonderful gifts from your sister. Love the little Bee lights. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Carole said...

I went down an internet rabbit hole re the shirt and found that it relates to Dog the Bounty Hunter a reality star! Who knew! Cheers

BeachGypsy said...

The b/day celebration looked so fun! And you looked so pretty in the wedding picture, all fancied up in your pearls!! Well, you look pretty IN ALL YOUR PICTURES, but fun to see you all dressed up! I love that t-shirt at the end!!----so funny!! lol lol lol!!! Hope you're having a great week so far!!!

MimiG said...

Some great photos! And, I love all your shirts - so cute!
Yep, that's an LD shirt. Maybe you should get a matching one...
My favorite Cowboy is Amari Cooper - he played at Alabama (in Tuscaloosa). He's always been respectful and courteous as a young man, as well as being a great member of any football team.
Have a great week; I've been doing some cleaning as I seem to have let it go in the past month or so, just been doing basics. Well, now I'm cleaning out closets, drawers, cupboards, moving furniture, rugs, etc. I'm already worn out and I'm just 2 days in!! LOL

Cheryl said...

Love those bee lights!! Some people have such a knack for finding the perfect gifts, don't they? Looks like a great time at Gerald's . . . or Gerard's . . . birthday celebration! (Have you ever seen the book or the blog "Cake Wrecks"? It's a hoot!)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Happy early 🎂 Birthday, Linda, and those shirts really look great. My favorite was the cat print. Looks like everyone had a great time at the birthday celebration.