Thursday, September 26, 2019

Our Last Day Here and it Goes to the DOGS!!

We have had a good and productive last day on the ranch....thanks to Dean!
Louis Dean woke up this morning in a fret that lasted all day.
It was all about the mud flaps.
The reason he has not put them on before is because he couldn't figure out HOW to do it.
They came with no instructions and - as he discovered - the ones on his brand new in 1999 truck - were rigged to work! So it was not a simple task to replace them since  none of the holes matched up.

I do have to brag on my step son! He has the patience of Job! I told you Louis Dean was in a 'state' about those mud flaps. They went to Waco to get parts and picked up hamburgers on their way home.
They were delicious! Then Dean went on out to work on the situation and Louis Dean took a little nap. I love to watch the two of them together. They give each other space and I can see the respect each has for the other.

While Dean and Louis Dean worked on that project, I did a good cleaning on the camper dusting everything I could find and using  Fabuloso to my heart's desire. I replaced the Glad and Air Wick plug ins and packed up my clothes, cleaned the fridges and then went out in the front room and gave it all a fairly good cleaning, as well. Next month when we come back it will be cooler and I will give it all a deep cleaning.


Sherry and Blue came down after she got off work and she and I enjoyed a nice little visit.
Dean and Sherry are both such special people.....gracious and generous to all their family and friends.
Dean told his daddy last night, "I've GOT this! It WILL BE done tomorrow!"


And so it was!
The 'mops' came down while we were all on the front deck visiting this evening.
They were so entertaining!


These are ranch dogs and work hard.
They are still so young......I imagine they will be the size of Shetland ponies when they get through growing. That's the male dog Ruger facing us in this photo.


They are so young they still do not have all their teeth!
No wonder they carry off any and every thing left out around here.
They are still teething!


Now that they are getting older and know their roles here on the ranch - work dogs as opposed to house pets - we are finally able to interact with them a little more.


They have sweet personalities and so much energy!


Brother and sister and they do seem to love each other.


We are all ready to depart the ranch - hopefully before noon - and head to Big Springs.


This is beautiful Bella!!
We will be celebrating her second birthday and are so excited about that!

So Good Night from the ranch on this last night of our September visit here!


13 comments:

BeachGypsy said...

Ive sure enjoyed all the posts from this time with y'all in the country. Love following along on all your adventures, the animals,the yummy meals, your painting, the feedings, the BEES!, ALL OF IT. And sure like seeing those big playful pretty dogs grow and grow. Hugs, my friend!

Vee said...

Yay for the mud flaps being installed! I know that Louis Dean will be so relieved. (Hope that the dogs have allowed the ducks to come home.) Have fun at Bella’s birthday. She really is an adorable little girl.

Susie said...

Linda, This special beautiful month is running out of days. I know you love your ranch time. But now that the gazebo is up , it will be fun for you at home, to have that outdoor space. The big dogs are going to be fun to watch as they grow and learn. Dean loves his father and I really like the way they get along. Hope little Bella has a great Birthday. Blessings to all, xoxo,love, Susie

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Work dogs are a blessing to anyone, but especial like places as your ranch. They are adorable and need some love too. Hope the flaps are on and you can legally wing your way back to the city. Have a fantastic Friday!

MadSnapper said...

Bella means beautiful and she surely fits her name... you know i am drooling on the keyboards over Blue and the Mops, and of course Rufus.. i love BIG dogs, all big dogs and they Have FOUR which was my dream, we had 3 at one time but that was it and now we have one. or he has us.. Yay for flaps on truck and no more traffic violations

Arlene G said...

Glad you were able to get ready for home while the men worked. Tell LD that I have found Googling things on You Tube to be very helpful to me. Marvin will ask how did you do that? Well I googled it.lol I have had one episode that did not go well. Lesson learned. I am like LD, I worry over something until I can figure it out. My friend has Pyrennes to watch over their goats and they are sweet dogs nd good workers. Have a safe trip home. We hope to leave for Grimmwood on Tuesday.

Changes in the wind said...

LD is so like me to fret over things. Glad that Dean was able to do it. Hard to believe that those dogs are just pups...they are huge. Safe travels to the birthday party.

Deanna Rabe said...

It's easy to fret when we are unsure of how to get something done! Glad for Dean and his ability, like his dad's, to figure stuff out and get it done!

The dogs are sweet, and I'm glad they know their jobs!

You've had another excellent visit to the country. Glad it will be cooler next time!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Such lovely dogs - love seeing photos as they grow.

Thanks for sharing another wonderful day at the ranch.

Hugs.

Joy

photowannabe said...

I feel sad that your Ranch time is coming to a close...I enjoy coming each day to see what the further adventures are all about.
Beautiful "pups" and definitely a beautiful Bella.
Enjoy your time and the celebration.
Yay on the mud flaps too !!!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Lovely Bella and wishing her a very happy birthday and sure it will be a great celebration with family all around. The pups are getting very big. Hope the mud flaps get on Louis Dean's truck before you leave and sure they will.

Chatty Crone said...

Bella's eyes are gorgeous.
How nice Dean has a son that is willing to help and work with his dad. Way to go Dean!
Sandie

Carole said...

Have a lovely party! love your bird pictures... cheers