Friday, April 5, 2019

My Neighbor's Garden, An Afternoon With Summer, Amber and the Quads, and Back in the Country! Wednesday and Thursday!

Before I headed out to do errands on my way to Dallas yesterday afternoon, I stopped at my neighbor, Tamara, just around the curve of my street turning into hers....roughly 7 doors down from me.


I love Tamara and I adore her home and gardens!


We have the very same floor plan!


She and her husband have turned their back yard into a paradise!


They have decks and beautifully landscaped areas to sit and have a glass of wine with the coolest built in wineglass holders on the patio columns.


Her gardens are a dream!


She gave me a whole bunch of these stubby carrots!
Delicious! She knew the kids would get a kick out of them and they did.

Jim (her husband) is with the Trans Siberian Orchestra.......and when he is not working....he is building and crafting masterpieces for his wife.


As in this - his latest - work of art!
Custom designed and made by him - this pantry features all soft close doors and the coolest storage designs around. 


Neighbors are wonderful and I am so grateful for mine!!
Tamara and I have yet to sit out in her awesome backyard and have a glass of wine together.....
that is on my bucket list!

From Irving I winged my way to Dallas to pick up the Suburban and do the after school pickup.
Amber had a long afternoon appointment downtown so I did the pickup/snacks/homework routine and I loved every minute of it!


Summer arrived and the kids swarmed all over her!
Harrison is always the very first one to run up and hug her.
I missed that scene but caught the next one.


We all had dinner together - Amber left a delicious batch of chili cooking on the crock pot - and had a lot of fun! I asked the kids, "Did anyone get in trouble??" 
Nooooooo!!!!! they answered.
"Are y'all always this good?" I asked.
Nooooooo!!!! they answered.


Louis Dean and I left Dallas last night around 8:30 and arrived down here at the ranch by 10:30 - making only one stop at McDonald's in Hillsboro for a bathroom break.

We could feel ourselves relaxing more and more the closer we got to the ranch.
Summer had bought us a CD of Mark Twain.....


we listened to it on our way down and it made the trip seem even shorter!

Dean and Sherry visited with us and told us all the news of the ranch since we had been gone.
It had been 23 days since we were here and a lot had changed.

My pinched nerve has been bothering me for over 2 weeks and last night I slept like a baby.
Perhaps it was due in part to Summer doing the pressure massage her chiropractor does for her.
And partly because we are in the country where life is simple and slower than at home.


I had set my alarm for 7:30 this Thursday morning and by 8:15 I was down there with Dean and Sherry as they showed me all the new critters and how to care for them.
This is the baby goat! 
No name yet.
There were three babies but two died within days of arriving.


I wish they could stay like this longer.


She is just so precious!!


Meet the two new Pyrenees puppies.


They are as sweet as they can be and remarkably well trained to be puppies.


Our awesome Dean!
To know him is to love him and his dad and I are so proud of him!


He is my step son but a son in my heart. I could not love him more if he were my blood.

Dean and Sherry are away on a much needed and deserved vacation.
I love doing Critter Chores while they are gone!
It is an opportunity to be able to bless them in a small way and thank them for the huge blessings they have given to us.


We went down mid afternoon to check on the mama and baby.....


the pups are doing just exactly what they are supposed to be doing.....


hanging out and watching over the goats.


They are adorable and even Louis Dean loves them!

It's good to be back in the country!!

19 comments:

Bluebird49 said...

Oooh! I hear peace and joy in your voice! The picture of the mama and baby goat is my favorite, as much as I loved all the "bucolic" pictures!❤
Glad you got to see your girls and the quads before leaving town!

Small Kucing said...

Wow..that is a lovely garden.

Lol...here also difficult to get big and long carrot like in the stores. When planted there are plenty of leaves but when pull up , it's just fingers size.

Kathy said...

Your neighbor's garden is beautiful! I can't wait until the weather settles down and I can get outside again. Welcome back to the country. I know you'll have a relaxing time. Enjoy the New critters.

Vee said...

That’s an enviable garden so near to home... Where was Kaileykins in the groupie? You all are so photogenic!

Ahhh...back at the ranch where time stands stll...stiller...kinda. Happy days to all, even the critters. The puppies are adorable and the baby goat is, too. Hope they all have names soon. ☺️

Susie said...

Linda, What a garden. Oh I love that pantry. So good to see the children's happy faces, with you, Amber and Summer...one is missing from the picture. That Mark Twain CD is a clever idea. I bet LD loved it. The baby goat and puppies are precious. So cute the baby goat with it's mom. I love it. Hope your time there at the ranch is relaxing and worry free. Blessings to all,love you, xoxo, Susie

Anonymous said...

Truly an oasis,, and no snow! That makes me happy! You certainly have lots of beautiful new animals to enjoy,m you guys are such a happy bunch,, an inspiration for sure,

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I'm so glad you've made it to the country! You'll feel better and get such great exercise while you are out there. ENJOY your day sweet lady! Hugs to you both!

Changes in the wind said...

So nice to see all the pictures of your activities and all the critters. That baby goat is really cute!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

From gardens, to critters and family in between, these have been some very happy days for you. I know the feeling of peace the comes when you are at your happy place. We used to have a permanent campsite out in the country and that is exactly how I felt when going there. Now those days are over, but now my home sweet home has become my happy place. the cares of world vanish when I'm here. It's very quiet and peace filled. I'm thankful that I was able to find this place when I moved. I love seeing all the pictures, but that one of you holding the baby goat is priceless! Enjoy your country time !

Arlene G said...

Have fun in the country!! We will be at Grimmwood the week before Easter. It is always fun to be able to stay for a week at a time. Those baby goats are adorable. The new pups will be great additions to the ranch. My friend raises goats and they have a dog of that breed and he is a loyal shepherd.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your neighbor's garden and pantry are the stuff of DREAMS!! And look at that huge cabbage! We used to have a pantry many years ago when we lived in an apartment, and I still miss it. I love the picture of you and the baby goat, it is so joyous! You look like you have lost weight. There is not much cuter than baby goats. I love the way they jump just for the fun of jumping. Those dogs are great at guarding goats. There are some down here, and they are huge and so good at their job.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Good neighbors are a gift! What an amazing pantry!

I never noticed before how much Amber and Summer look alike! Beautiful women.

Great Pyrenees are the sweetest, most gentle dogs! I love them. But they do get huge! Gentle giants!

That baby goat is sweet, and I am sorry to hear that they other two died. Ranch and farm life reality.

Enjoy your time!

The Feminine Energy said...

I just love Summer's smile! I do believe the earth lights up every time she smiles like that. You've had such a lovely couple days with more loveliness coming your way, Linda. I know how much the country soothes you & LD. Enjoy, breathe deep, and rejuvenate your mind, body & spirit. Thank you for "taking us along". Love, Andrea xoxo

photowannabe said...

Linda, you make me yearn for the country life. It looks like something out of a book. I know it's hard work but that never hurt anybody.
All the "Littles" are adorable. That face of the baby goat...sigh...it says paint me please.
I'm glad you can relax and get your batteries recharged.
I so love coming here to visit your journal.
Sue of photowannabe

MadSnapper said...

my heart is fluttering with delight over the pups and goats photos and so glad you are back home on the range..where life is simple and fun... love the family shot and wow, I wonder if we could clone your neighbors hubby to come fix up my place. LOVE the yard

Sue said...

I can tell Linda that you are in your 'Happy Place", enjoy and be blessed.
Loved the photos, your neighbor's pantry is awesome, as is her garden,
Sue

Debbie said...

ooooh those kids are too funny and way too cute!!! i'll met they are always that good!!!

it looks like ld may have met his match in your neighbors husband. wow, he is a true talent, i have a few things i would like for him to build for me!!!

i don't know how you manage all that traveling back and forth to the country, the packing alone would do me in!!!

Wanda said...

I love your country life. So full of nature, and critters....You have the best of both worlds. I love that you take me to the ranch. Love and Hugs.

Carole said...

So glad you slept well - must be that country air. Cute critters too. Cheers