Saturday, October 27, 2018

Standin on the Corner in Winslow Arizona......

It's been like a party every day!


We have had so much FUN!


Everyone in the world probably knows the famous song by the Eagles!
Everyone but me. I guess I have lived under a rock!


Take it Easy!!


There was even the red Ford flatbed truck!


We all wanted our picture taken!


It was Lonnie's idea to stop here and we were all glad we did.


Friday was Andie's birthday and we have been making sure she has a good time!


We have seen so many beautiful sights as we traveled through New Mexico and Arizona.


We've stopped at fun places and taken tons of pictures.


Mike is a real photographer.


It's always good to make what will be more good memories together.


I think this is such a good photo of Lonnie.




We arrived here at the historic Hassayampa Inn in Prescott, Arizona around 2:00 Friday afternoon.


It was perfect timing since the rehearsal dinner was at 5:00 on the rooftop.



It was a wonderful evening!
Everyone has traveled to get here and we are all staying here in the hotel so there's lots of hugging and talking even as we run into each other in the halls and cafe.


I don't think I've ever seen Nita look more beautiful than she does now.
Here she is with Lily - the great grandmother of the groom.


And here's Nita meeting her first great granddaughter, Olivia.


Nita with Chloe - Joni's granddaughter.


The wedding couple show off the unique and beautiful hand made quilt Nita had made for them by our gifted cousin, Pam. She used a saying from the bride-to-be's grandfather as the focal point.


I was happy to give them the denim quilt I had made for them.


The crib quilt I made for Baby Olivia is already being put to good use!


Meet Nita's son!


Grandmother and great grandmother both loving on Olivia.


Taylor and Bianca.
They will be wed this afternoon at 4:00!


See how Nita is glowing?
She has four grandchildren - 3 girls and 1 boy - and she is loving every minute of time with them.


Chloe and Andie! 

We lingered long on the rooftop and as the last few people were leaving......


Allen, a close friend of Nita's son, invited us down to the bar for a nightcap.


Taylor and his parents joined us later and we closed out this happy day!


And the party just keeps on going!
I'm about to start getting ready for the wedding this afternoon.
The venue is in Chino Valley, a short drive away from Prescott.
I know without a doubt it will be late when we return to the hotel so I am writing my journal entry now. Tomorrow we will begin the drive home. I'm sure we will have more fun adventures on the way.

Louis Dean has been 'home alone' and I have checked in with him regularly. 
 He went over to spend the night with Amber and Mike and did the Friday popcorn, movie and Coke routine with them and then went to watch the kids do their hockey practice this morning.
He's back home now and enjoy his bachelor freedom.
I told him he could NOT go up on the roof while I was gone but he said climbing up the ladder and throwing the shingle bundles up there doesn't count. Right now he's cooking some spaghetti and watching college football. He assured me he's going to tidy up after himself!


Hahahahahaha!

24 comments:

Saimi said...

Wow! What a great time, fun sights and a fun family!! The quilts are beautiful and are such wonderful treasures.
Glad everyone was able to gather together!!
Hugs
Saimi

Arlene G said...

What a wonderful time yall are having!! I am glad to travel along!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Have fun at the wedding!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wonderful pictures! Making a quilt for someone spells L-O-V-E. YES, I know the Eagles song, it is a classic. This was so cool!!!

Susie said...

Linda, Tell Lonnie he is too handsome to always look so serious. LOL. Your siblings and you make a fun time whenever you are together. What a wonderful wedding. All the happy people . I absolutely love the Eagles...my all time favorite band. Save trip back home. Blessings to all, xoxo,love ,Susie

Vee said...

Best wishes to the bride and groom. How wonderful that you all are there to help them celebrate!

Nonnie said...

Oh my goodness, what fun you are having. Praying for Louis Dean to behave and stay off ladders while you are gone. I have a friend who lives in Prescott.

Bluebird49 said...

Looks like a really great time!
Where WERE you when the Eagles were flying high!? Thank Lonnie for getting you to take that picture, please!
I hear Sedona's beautiful. Be safe on the way home!
Hope LD will stay off the ladder, as well as the roof! I can just see your kitchen right now, as he sits grinning, in the den, learning new songs to play for his gal-pals at the rest home! Lol!

The Feminine Energy said...

Oh how fun, Linda! I am so jealous (in a good way!) of all your energy & the ability to go and go and go. *haha* I could never do that in a million years without ending up in the hospital about half way through. But I'm praising God that YOU can do it! And you're absolutely right.... Nita is glowing like the sun. She's radiant in all these pictures. I'm so happy for her. Be careful on your trip home. Can't wait to see wedding photos! Lovingly, Andrea xoxo

BeachGypsy said...

I've been enjoying reading of your all's adventures and cant wait to see pictures of the wedding!!--they sure are a cute couple! I love that old Eagles song and that is so cool how that corner in Arizona is fixed up like the song, I never knew that until recently, LOL Looks like y'all are having a wonderful time, you enjoy that wedding my friend and have safe travels back home okay?!

BeachGypsy said...

PS----THE QUILT TURNED OUT GORGEOUS!!!

MadSnapper said...

this might go down in history as your MOST FUN wedding of all times. I can tell the new denim quilt was a hit. I recognize the song but never heard the words to it. love the standing on the corner shots of all of you

Carol said...

What an exciting adventure! Standin on the corner in Winslow Arizona must be a very exciting spot to be. LOL! I love the photos and congratulations to the couple on their marriage.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time for everyone, so many smiles you made me smile,

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a joy to see all the happy faces as you and your family gathered for such a happy occasion! I know that each and everyone had to been glad to be together. It shows! Hope your travels home are just as happy!

NanaDiana said...

It looks like you have been having a wonderful time. What a good looking bunch you all are! I really enjoy following your life, Linda. LOVE that last image---that is SOOOO true at our house! xo Diana

Changes in the wind said...

I can see you weren't disappointed in the hotel and some of our Arizona sights, so nice to see you in my part of the world and having a wonderful time. I have to confess I have never got to go up on the roof as I think it is reserved for special occasions and not just open to the public.

Robyn said...

What an absolutely great trip and what memories were made! That's what life is about.. Ah yes the Eagles, one of my favorite songs by them. I have a hard time remembering what I did yesterday but I can remember every word to Take It Easy! LOL

Carole said...

Home alone... he might be having a party up there on the roof. Lovely pics - especially the one with Nita having a tree growing out of her head or is it a tiara.... cheers

Chatty Crone said...

I have no idea how in the world you go and do all you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean it - you are amazing - and I have to say - you sure do have a LOT of things going on - it amazes me.

Louis Dean Chapman Sr. said...

Hi Sweetie
Enjoyed your Post. Looks like all are having a good time.

Allen looks a little like Burl Ives. Pics are great...
Be glad when you all are home safely.
LDC


Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Thanks Linda for sharing all the family pictures of the wedding pre-events. I'm sure that Louis Dean missed you and hopefully he heeded your cautions about ladders :-)

R's Rue said...

Love.

The Feminine Energy said...

Are you alright, Linda? Did you make it home ok? Love you, Andrea xoxo