Sunday, October 21, 2018

A Break in the Rain! Saturday and Sunday......

It's been absolutely beautiful this weekend and we have so enjoyed a break from all the rain we've had. Not that I'm complaining! I love rain and we really needed it and there is more on the way this week. Still, this weekend was gorgeous!

I went over to watch the quads at hockey practice Saturday morning.


I was sitting up on a high stool right by the glass when Kailey spied me!


This is Trystan and Logan.
Who knew they would all four enjoy hockey??

They received their first report cards from school this week and they all got straight A's.....nearly.
Kailey got one B and that was in PE. There's a story behind that B and Kailey and parents alike agreed that it was worth it. You must stand up for yourself and I guess that starts pretty young.
Kailey did and when she told me about it she said, 'It was the right thing to do!'
So it was. My prayer for these children is the same one I prayed for Amber when she was a child and I continue to pray that......for them to be mighty in spirit.


To celebrate we had lunch at Babe's!
That's such a fun place.


All three girls were quick to hop up and join in with the servers as they danced the hokey pokey!

Harrison and I had a little conversation back at the hockey rink while we were waiting to return ice skates and such. He kind of took me aside and said it would be nice if he could spend some alone time with his mommy and daddy. He even went so far as to suggest that Kailey go home with me and perhaps Logan and Trystan could go to their Grandmommy's house. When I suggested that perhaps I could keep the all the girls soon, he was super quick to ask, "TODAY???"

So as we sat around the table at Babe's, the idea was brought up and that's exactly what we did!
Granddad was so excited to see me come home with three little girls in tow!


The very first thing they always seem to want to do is pick flowers.
Since it was so pretty outside, that's where we were for a good long time.
They each get a basket and a small pair of scissors.
The only flowers they aren't allowed to cut are the new sunflowers I just planted.


Then I gave them four small green bottles to use as vases.
These are actually beer bottles I brought back from the ranch months and months ago.
Dean was drinking whatever kind it was and I said the bottles were too pretty to throw away.


Bouquets for Mommy!


Flowers were done so they decided to sweep up leaves and string up some Halloween lights with me.
Then they did some exploring and filled a small shadow box I have hung up on the outside wall with rocks and shells and such.


We baked a cake together for Harrison.
I love how the kids all love each other.
Trystan greased and floured the pan, we each broke an egg and they took turns adding the ingredients.


It was a team effort!
We all pitched in!


While the cake baked, we did some art.


We had the best time!
I love having children in my house!


I think they did a good job on their stocking paintings!
They learned to trace and cut a pattern.
They also learned a little bit about shading and brush control.
At one point, I had Trystan and Kailey on either side of me watching as I worked on a Santa face while Logan was free drawing.

The entire afternoon and evening went by super quick!
All too soon the parents were back and there was a happy reunion of the sisters and their brother.


It was like old times sitting there on the driveway as they drove off.
I miss them being little and coming over every week.

This morning we attended the Cowboy Church again.
Louis Dean is really loving it and I am so glad.
Since it wasn't far from there to Reaoma's, we decided to go by and see her for a few minutes.
She was still in the dining room where she had been fed her lunch so we sat in there at the table with her and Agnes. Agnes has Alzheimer's but she is such a happy lady. I really like her. Louis Dean and I was telling Reaoma about church and the music. He started singing softly and when he got to Amazing Grace - well - Agnes had been in the church choir back in the day and she started in singing with him! When they ended, everyone in the dining room clapped! Another lady, Helen, who lives right next to Reaoma joined us and they went on to sing several more old hymns. Louis Dean says we need to do that more often.

We decided to go out for lunch and Louis Dean dearly loves a Chinese buffet.


So that's where we went!
King Buffet and it was a new one that had just opened in Dallas.


Our server was very creative and he made a paper flower for me from a napkin.

We had just got home when one of my favorite couples dropped by to see us.
Tim used to be our neighbor across the street and we have loved him and his family for years and have kept up with them even after they moved. They still live in Irving but not close like they did for a long time. I wished I had taken a picture of us. They were out and about and he said, "I'm going by their house. I need a Linda hug!" I am so happy they did. It's always a good thing to sit and visit and share what good things God is doing in our lives. We will be seeing them again on Halloween. They always make a point of coming by. And I am going to make a point of inviting them over during the Christmas holidays for dinner and a nice long visit! Perhaps Louis Dean will play some of his Christmas songs for us. Nicole is Tim's youngest daughter and is just a bit older than our Rayne.
Louis Dean used to read the Ghost Eye Tree to her when she was little.
One of the richest blessings in life is our friends.
I'm grateful for all of mine and I intend to intentionally spend time with them whenever I can.




14 comments:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

How absolutely wonderful your day has been Linda. Hugs and Love.
Joy

The Feminine Energy said...

What a gorgeous picture of you in the Chinese restaurant, Linda. Red is definitely "your color"!! And an afternoon with 3 little girls... life could get no more perfect, in my view. So glad you got to enjoy and I got to read about it. Lovingly, Andrea xoxo

Susie said...

Linda, That sounds like a truly wonderful weekend. I love how the little girls like to help out...so sweet. The quads will be interested in art always. I like the stocking paintings. All jumping in to bake a cake for their brother is heart touching. Love the picture of you with the children that looks like a tailgate ride. Your Sunday at the nursing home sounded nice too. LD is so kind to the ladies. Blessings to all of you, xoxo,love you, Susie

Estelle's said...

Loved this post Linda...I miss our grandchildren being little and spending the weekend with us...I know how much you love that! And how wonderful for LD to sing for the elderly and for them to join in...that must bring them great joy! Have a great week!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

You both give the gift of friendship, and that is why you have so many precious friends!

Those sweet girls are talented and you can tell they love to learn! Amber and Mike are doing a great job with their kids!

Cowboy church sounds pretty wonderful! And your time with Reoma and the other ladies there sounds exactly like what they needed!

Vee said...

Still wearing a grin from hearing “You’re SO welcome” in triplicate and in unison. Happy memories for you and the children. I imagine these events could become regular happenings if Harrison “boots” them out and gets a cake in return. 😁 How good that he knew just whom to ask for what he needed. Your love for your friends blesses me all the way to here.

Arlene G said...

What a sweet story about Louis Dean singing hymns and the ladies joining in. I know when my grandmother was in the nursing home, if she was agitated we would sing hymns and she would calm down and sing with us. I am glad Harrison got some one on one the with mom and dad. And the girlies had a fun day too so win win.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good to hear you got a break from the rain! What a great weekend you had filled with family and friends. I hope the week ahead is another wonderful one for you!

Changes in the wind said...

How cute that Harrison suggest you take the girls home so he could have special time with the parents and how nice that you did. They have a good time and learn a lot. I think Cowboy church would indeed be a good fit for LD. So nice that LD loves to sing and others joined in.

Judy said...

How fun to have your quads playing hockey! One would almost think they are Canadian. :) It sounds like you had a delightful day!

MadSnapper said...

I can't believe they all love hockey. wow. and so glad Harrison gets some time with parents and away from 3 sisters. has to be hard on him being the only boy... they are all so grown up... just love seeing them

mxtodis123 said...

That food looks delicious. I'm with Louis Dean. I love a good Chinese Buffet, but hubby doesn't. I wish my great grands lived closer to me. I miss spending time with them...and actually they don't even really know me as great grandma. It's sad. But on a positive note, you look so beautiful in that picture. You are glowing.

Carole said...

Now all I can think about is a Chinese banquet..or buffet! I am trying to do some tax paperwork and am not getting very far... but there is a deadline.... cheers from carole's Chatter

Wanda said...

What a wonderful day with your three little darlings. Love the pictures of them making the cake together.

You and Louis Dear are just to cute for words.

Nice to get a chance to come visit you again. Hugs