Thursday, October 18, 2018

Tuesday in Quadville and Wednesday Things......

Tuesday afternoon we drove over to Dallas and switched vehicles so we could do the afternoon school pick up. We had just enough time to do a run in at the Goodwill on Midway Road where I found a perfect treasure for my sister, Nita's, birthday! I can't show a pic of it until I give it to her next Wednesday but it will be perfect for their road trip vacation to Las Vegas!

We arrived early and were waiting and watching the door for the kids to come out!
I loved seeing the expressions on their face when they first saw us.


The kids are two and two in the classrooms this year so they came out in two different groups.
But each one of them ran to their granddad FIRST!


I tease them but I don't really mind.
I love how they love him!

Kailey and Logan love to take my phone and snap pictures so I can be surprised when I get home and see what they did.


This is hanging on their front door.


I know Kailey took this one because she is always shadowing her granddad.

We brought the fixings for dinner last night.


It was Breakfast for dinner!
I told Logan about the secret ingredient that makes everything taste even better!
Bacon grease!!
We had fried potatoes, fried eggs, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy!
Delicious!!

After dinner we sat around the table talking and laughing.
I showed the kids a photo from 6 years ago that day.


Cute little pumpkins from the blog post 6 years ago!!

Trystan said, "Look! We are in birth order!"

Then  I showed them all the videos from 4 years ago!
Naturally we were having a tea party! That's still one of their favorite things to do!


You can see the cute videos on the blog post from 4 years ago.......
We laughed and laughed hearing  their sweet little voices asking for 'MO-wer' tea!
They even had good manners saying please and thank you.

As good a time as we were having - it got even MO-wer funny when Kailey decided to entertain us!









We had the very best time over there and it tugged at my heart when we had to leave.
Logan asked me last week if I had brought enough clothes to stay one more day?
We spent last Friday night in Quadville but she wanted us to stay Saturday night, too!
Then last night Trystan looked up at me and said, "Will we ever see you again?"
It made me laugh!
I think we may have been out of town too much lately!
We came home with hearts as light as air and slept sound as babies.

Today has been a home day and I have been busy cleaning and doing.
I noticed the den smelled musty so I opened up the window and door - even though it was raining.....all day....again. Then I discovered the big rug under the coffee table was wet. I figured we had another crack in the foundation but that wasn't the case. Louis Dean had left the shop vac in the den since rain will continue to be in the forecast for most of the week. The cap to drain the vac had come out and all the water he had sucked up - the now more smelly stale water he had sucked up - drained out onto the rug. Taking the rug up and cleaning the carpet took up a few extra hours in my day.

By day's end, I had cleaned our bedroom and put fresh flannel sheets on!
I held off on the electric blanket since it's not THAT cold yet!

The art table has been set up since Monday but tonight I finally sat down and painted a bit.
I had been feeling a little agitated and concerned about the ceiling in the sewing room and the roof needing repairs and the wet carpet and on and on and on.


I felt better as soon as I picked up my paintbrush!


Louis Dean was pickin' and grinnin' as I painted and we ended our day in much better spirits!


I am thinking this one is done so I signed my name.
I'm never really pleased with the way it looks when I sign a painting.


I only allow myself one 're do' and that's it!

Leaving the art table up until next Wednesday and hoping I get a couple more Santas finished up!
Can you believe it's only 69 days until Christmas??

17 comments:

The Feminine Energy said...

What a wonderful painting of Santa, Linda! I love it and also the pictures (& memories) of the quads. Four babies... I can not even imagine. But oh the fun. Endless fun throughout their lives! More precious than anything. I hope you are feeling more rested now. The leaking roof and soggy floor would bother me to no end too. My "sniffer" can detect an "off smell" a mile away... and then it bugs me til it's gone... which can work me to a frazzle. Take good care, dear friend. Lovingly, Andrea xoxo

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Another special day with the Grands. A lot of cleaning - water takes so long to clean up and then dry. Lovely way to spend an evening together.
Hugs.
Joy

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Precious times with those Quads!

Glad you ended your day in good soirits!

Hootin Anni said...

How I wish I had that painting to add to my Santa collection!! It's magical Linda AND a true Texan-style Christmas!!

LOVE the photos of the kids coming out of class. Both of you & grandpa's. And that photo of Louis Dean in silhouette...terrific.

Susie said...

Linda, I loved seeing the quads. I have not seen as many pictures of Harrison this past year. I think of him as a little hero, there for his sisters. So I loved seeing his arm around you. I know that time plays with our minds..that picture of the babies seems like yesterday and yet a very long time ago. I hope they will always want a tea party with you. I like breakfast for dinner too. I am so glad you are finishing up your paintings. The Santa looks so good.
I hope you can have someone to fix the roof. That ceiling will absolutely fall down if it keeps getting wet. Plus molds and mildew will grow in it. I go nuts fiddling with our basement's dampness at times. I use bleach and a special mildew spray. Owning a home is getting to be a big bother to me. LOL. Take care stay well. Blessings to all, Love you, xoxo, Susie

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Time spent with grandchildren is wonderful ! I'm blessed that some of mine live close and I get to see them often. Having those quads in your life is very special. Sorry to hear you are still fighting the rain. Sounds like a lot of work for sure and not something you planned on either. Hope today is better than your yesterday!

Arlene G said...

That picture of the Quads as babies is precious. They were toddlers when I started reading your blog. Your Santa is wonderful and please do not remind me that it is so close to Christmas. I need to get started with my shopping.

Changes in the wind said...

How fun to spend the day with the quads and to be able to show them their pictures when they were just babies. The Santa is great and am so sorry for all the leaks, it makes such a mess.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your picture from so long ago where you are both spoon feeding the babies for the first time! I love your country Santa!! Have you started your Christmas shopping? I need to have a tea party with our girls! It's been too long!

MadSnapper said...

that baby pic of the squads is so sweet, I do remember it.. they are so grown up and SMART... and I like they are budding photographers to.... oh no on the drain plug and poor you.... mold can make you sick, so keep an eye out for that... I do hope your rain stops soon

Mrs.T said...

So much fun, Linda! Yep, it is hard to beat bacon grease for flavor. I haven't cooked bacon in a couple of years, but when I did I kept a container of bacon grease in the freezer for occasional use. Delicious!

Your Santa with the horse came out beautifully. You are so amazingly talented. I would love to learn to paint (and I keep telling myself that Grandma Moses was old when she started) but finding time is a different matter.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Thanks Linda for checking that link - it was not correct. It is correct now and here it is.

Their blog is: Our Off the Grid Home

Please let me know if it doesn't work.

Hugs.

Joy

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

If you go back to my post today you can click on their blog name at the end of my post. I had put the address in my comment above but I guess blogger doesn't allow that text.
Joy

Bluebird49 said...

Loved seeing the quads! They are such a blessing. I remember reading about their tea parties! It was such fun.

Sorry about the water on the rug. What a real mess!

Your Santa, as always, is so good! I'm sure you kick into another mode when you painting!

Carole said...

I really like the way you captured the horse! So talented. I can't draw at all. Cheers

Nancy Chan said...

Your grand kids are so adorable and they love you both so dearly. Cute babies with pumpkins photo. You are so blessed, Linda!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

While opening your post I was impressed at how much the quads have grown and yes, looking at the 6 years ago is quite amazing ! How time has flied, they are 6 already, my goodness.
Yes, same here, the grands love grandpa here too, but I don't mind either, they love me too.
How fun to spend time with them if you can.
Blessings to your daughter, the quads and you two dear friend.
Fabby