Sunday, September 2, 2018

Blessings of This Sunday.....

Last night I slept upstairs in the bedroom with Logan! 
I woke up to the whispers of Logan and Trystan. They were being very quiet so I wouldn't wake up.
It's our tradition to get up before anyone else and have coffee together.


And that's just exactly what we did this Sunday morning!
I told them that we actually have Café au lait and it's more milk than coffee and since the milk is cold - that makes it white coffee!
I brought over a whole tin of pumpkin muffins and when Harrison opened it up he loudly proclaimed, "MeeMaw brought us a whole batch!!"

We got ready for church and just look at these pretty girls!


They all have purses!
And they have things in them!


Kailey even has a phone!!
 Her mommy's old one with no data but she can take pictures which she dearly loves to do!

It was a wonderful service.
 A Communion service and the kids sat with us during 'Big Church.'
I was moved to tears when all of us went down to the alter to take communion together and Kailey leaned over and whispered, "I really love Jesus!"
We sang songs afterwards and when I lifted my hand in praise - so did they.
One of the biggest blessings of my life is that all my children and grandchildren know the Lord as their personal saviour. I have prayed for their salvation since they were born.
After church, the kids crowded around Pastor Doug and embraced him and inquired about his health -assuring him that they were praying for him. I learned back in my Sunday School teacher days that I would rather have a child pray for me than even a preacher.....I am convinced that their innocent prayers are the strongest.


After church we made a Costco run and also had lunch there!
My two beautiful daughters!
Amber bought groceries for the week - which is no easy task- and the girls stayed with me and Aunt Summer while Harrison helped his mommy.


I can't seem to get my eyes full enough of them!
Trystan asked me if we could go around and get some 'Examples.'
You and I know them as 'samples.'
I like her term best!!

We came back, unloaded and packed up for a trip to the local pool.
It was a great afternoon!!!

Home for showers and regrouping.
It's the last 'free' night of the weekend.
The quads will be back on their early to bed and early to rise on a school day Monday night and Tuesday morning.

But tonight we are still partying!
Amber's cooking dinner and I think the kids will have a movie in the playroom tonight while we have one in the living room.

To close tonight's journal entry - I am featuring a guest photographer!
I found lots of photos on my phone when I started this post!


I cropped and edited them but the originals were shot by Kailey!
She took a picture of Logan taking a video!


Aunt Summer compiling a grocery list to be delivered to her housemate.


This is my book cover. I'm finishing up The Loop.


My shoes.


The chalk board in the play room.....


and the feast that Logan had prepared for her favorite stuffed animals.

I am loving every minute of this Labor Day Weekend!
And where is Louis Dean in all of this??
Home Alone!!
However, he will be joining us tomorrow!!!
And I will be here to document it!!!

PS......before I could post this I was privileged to see my Amber in action!
She had just put dinner on the table when Summer came in to say she smelled skunk.
A green belt is behind Amber and Mike's house and skunks are numerous.
Apparently one had come up close and when the dogs barked at it - the skunk had sprayed them!
The kids and I sat down and enjoyed our dinner while watching through the windows as Amber bathed the dogs. 
First she rinsed them with apple cider vinegar and then another rinse before washing them with a mixture of a quart of Hydrogen Peroxide, 1 T Dawn dish washing liquid and 1/3 cup baking soda.
After washing them, she brought them in separately and I towel dried Shiner in the utility room and put Jersey in the kennel. Both are big lab dogs!

Amber left out bowls of apple cider vinegar and put purifying oils in the diffusers.

The house smells fresh and no skunk odors!
I am impressed!

Never a dull moment around here!!
And we have one more exciting day tomorrow!!



14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

The girls look so pretty in their church dresses, and even purses! Amber is so capable of almost anything! Kailey takes great pictures!

MadSnapper said...

OH MY.... I have smelled skunk many times, in KY they would be hit by cars and we would drive over them and OH MY... I would have no idea how to get that smell off. Way to Go Amber... your girls are like little ladies, so cute and Kailey has The Eye of a photographer... with two of you there, we shall never lack photos... have a wonderful day today with LD and all your family

MadSnapper said...

does Summer have the groceries shipped from here, or from where they live.

mxtodis123 said...

The girls do look so pretty in their church dresses. Wish they did that here. Mother's just don't dress their children like they used to. I may be a city girl now but I was born a country girl and know the smell of a skunk well. Actually, that drug they smoke here K2 smells just like one. I'll never forget when it first came out. I came up the subway stairs and was hit with an overwhelming smell of skunk. "A skunk here in Chelsea?" I asked. It was then that I found out what it really was.

Susie said...

Linda, I loved the pictures of your girls and the little girls .Precious. What an adorable thing for Kailey to say. I too believe that children's prayers are powerful. I always asked my daughters to get the children to pray . Examples...made me smile. I love that.
Wow, I am not sure I could a skunk clean up on dogs. LOL. That was a mess for Amber...she must have had to do this before.
Home Alone...OMG..Hope all went well for your big guy. :):) I know the grandchildren want some granddad hugs and cuddling.
Blessings to all this Labor Day. Love you, xoxo, Susie

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a wonderful weekend you are having ! I can relate to dogs being sprayed by skunks. One of my sons visited a few years back and his dogs got sprayed. He washed them in the peroxide mix with the dawn, but truly the smell in my house lingered for days. Maybe it's the apple cider vinegar that made the difference. I'll remember that for future reference. Hope you enjoy your Labor Day !

Vee said...

Keep having fun! Happy Labor Day to all...

Shirley said...

Hi Linda, It is the best kind of a weekend with family. They are growing so fast. I remember the first post I read about the quads. Where has all the time gone? Have a great day. Hugs and prayers from your Missouri Friend Shirley

Bluebird49 said...

Aside from the skunk, what a heavenly weekend for you all! The quads are so beautiful and sweet and Summer and Amber are looking good! I'm sure Louis Dean is there by now, and there'll be another holiday memory made before the cruise! September--the month of magic!!

Debby said...

What fun, except for the skunk. Amber is super mom for sure. Treasure those pics. Samples will always be examples. We have certain words the kids said when they were little that have remained . I am impressed that Amber got rid of that smell.

Chatty Crone said...

There never seems to be a dull moment in anyone's life there. Very impressive.

I would rather have a child pray for me too.

Happy Labor Day. God Bless! sandie♥

Carole said...

skunk alert! We don't have them but I guess they smell awful... Great that you are enjoying time with the grands. Cheers

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

What a fun weekend! I’ll have to write down her solution for getting rid of skunk. We’ve never had anyone or pets be sprayed but her solution sounds like it worked!

I know you’re savoring your weekend!

Changes in the wind said...

The skunk episode would have been the straw that broke the camels back for me and I am more than impressed at how Amber handled it:)