Friday, September 7, 2018

We are in Seattle!!!!

Louis Dean was looking all manly this morning as he was waiting for me to get ready to go to the airport! He should have been double checking his packing list!


Summer took us to the airport and on the way I asked Louis Dean, "Where's your jacket?"
He forgot it!
Summer to the rescue!
She dropped us off and we checked our luggage curbside and went upstairs to wait while she drove back home to find his jacket!
I had checked us in online so all that was left was going through security and since we were TSA PreCheck - we went right through. I had to go to a special machine since I have metal joints in my knees and feet but even that didn't take long!
Everything went as smooth as silk!

**Collage Courtesy of Summer!**

We are three couples!
Leah and Patrick, Billy and Brenda and us!!
(Now Leah and Patrick are doing an Alaskan cruise but on a different cruise line.)
Even our seats were within rows of each other towards the front of the plane!
Summer and Amber booked our flight for us last spring while we were sitting on a Goodwill parking lot in Waco. They made an executive decision to put us in the area where you have more leg room. 
Louis Dean is 6 feet tall and long legs!
Everything just worked out perfectly!
Our flight attendant was super nice and she and Louis Dean chatted quite a bit.
This was his fourth time to fly.
The first was when he was in the army. Not sure that even counts.
The second and third time was when we flew to London and then on to Aberdeen, Scotland.
Thanks to my son, Jesse, we flew business class and then first class.
Today he enjoyed flying for the fourth time!
He was telling our flight attendant all about eHarmony and his wonderful two wives and on and on.
(She gave us a free cheese and fruit tray and Louis Dean a glass of wine.)
When we were leaving, she said, "I want to be like y'all when I grow up."

We were 45 minutes from landing when we discovered the little TV thing where you can watch the flight progress. Since we were seated in front of the bulkhead, we just thought there wasn't one.
Well, that kept him entertained for the last part of the flight!

We didn't lose any luggage and were waiting for the shuttle before we knew it!

Checked into our hotel and then headed out to dinner.
We all wanted steaks and there was a good steak house just a 3 minute walk from the hotel.


But guess what? No one ordered steak after all!
Louis Dean had fish and chips while I ate the slaw - he doesn't do raw cabbage!
I had Tomato Basil soup and the Brenda and Billy had chicken fajitas!
And they were spicy!!
It was delicious and we all made the Clean Plate Club!


Look what is growing with abandon all along the walk from the hotel to the restaurant??
Fresh blackberries!!

It was a cool 61 degrees when we landed and there was a slightly chilly breeze with a few sprinkles of rain when we walked down to eat.

Everyone we have met has been as nice and kind as they could be!
It's 10:40 at home and 8:40 here in Seattle.
We are going to turn in early and be all rested up for tomorrow!
Meeting the Cumby's downstairs for breakfast at 9:00 in the morning and then we will take a shuttle to the pier where we will board the ship around 1:00 and sail around 4:00.

And just for the record - Louis Dean is having a ball and so am I!!


Before I close, I want to wish my son and his wife a happy anniversary.
They flew out to Milan, Italy today to celebrate 20 years of marriage!
They are pretty amazing and a beautiful couple!

18 comments:

Kathy said...

I was so excited to see you do a post so soon on your vacation! Sounds as if you are having a wonderful time already and you haven't even set sail. Have a great trip. I'm looking forward to seeing Alaska with you.

Linda said...

In this part of the country blackberries grow like noxious weeds. ‘Rent a Goat’ businesses do well here keeping blackberry vines in check. Pleased to see everything is going well.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Lots of great trip pictures, just like I had hoped! you are such a good documenter. Everything is going wonderfully so far. BUT, you only ate soup? You will be hungry in the morning!

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Wow - your trip has begun. Hugs to LD and YOU TOO. Have a wonderful trip.
Love
Joy

MadSnapper said...

the adventure has begun... enjoy and glad he got his jacket..

Susie said...

Linda, So happy things went smoothly. I hope your travels are safe and enjoyable. LD knows no strangers.:):) Summer is a sweetie, taking care of business. Happy anniversary to your handsome son and his beautiful wife. I hope you love the cruise. Blessings to all, xoxo, Love you guys, Susie

mxtodis123 said...

Oh, you are going to have so much fun. Can't wait to hear about your adventures.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm so excited for you, You are off to a good start there and I'm thankful you could make this post. Have fun and relax on your adventure ! Take lots of pictures and share when you can.

Vee said...

What a surprise! I foolishly thought we were saying goodbye for a few weeks. This is much better! So glad that everything went so smoothly (well except for the jacket part) and that you are boarding the ship later today. Wow!

Your son and his wife are a very good-looking couple. Happy Anniversary to them. 🥂

Have great fun!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's fun to see you traveling in style! HAVE FUN!!! Don't take any wooden nickles...tell Louis Dean! heehee! Hugs!

Changes in the wind said...

I have flown a lot but only once on first class. It is expensive but ever so nice. I hope all of your trip goes smoothing and that you have a wonderful time.

ellen b. said...

Welcome to our corner of the world. Glad you've found everyone friendly. Hope your cruise is delightful for you! Happy anniversary to your son and his wife!

Debby said...

I'm so excited for you. Have a great trip.

Nonnie said...

I am so happy to see you go on this wonderful trip! We loved it and you will, too. Enjoy! High five to Summer!

Jan said...

Sounds like a great start to a wonderful trip-enjoy every minute!!

Chatty Crone said...

I am so thrilled for you and Dean - ENJOY!

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Have fun!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

I had to backtrack a few posts so I could start at the beginning of your travels, Linda. I told my husband about how Louis Dean wore the same coveralls he did when we lived in VA and he said they were the most comfortable things to wear :-)